Indigo

Decisions Under the Full Moon

She forgot everything her teachers had ever taught her about handling crisis, she didn’t turn her head blank and calmed herself, and then started trying to contact people that could help her. Instead of saving up her energy she continued kicking, screaming her lungs out as in a bad opera, until she felt her vocal cords giving in on her. Her kicking never stopped, though, and since the running away continued someone eventually knocked her out, sending her into unconsciousness.

* * *
Two more shapes landed on the screaming prom seconds after the shadows had gone away, carrying with them Amarantha. Two scanned the room instantly, searching for her with desperate eyes. He had been near her before, and knew the smell to perfection. Four had a bit more trouble but he searched for her nonetheless.
“She’s not here.”
Two stated after several seconds, the desperation and annoyance in his voice was easy to detect.
“They came earlier, they took her. Fucking Nightmares took Ama-, took Indigo away from m-from us!”
Four rested a hand on his partner’s shoulder, in a soothing attempt. Two knocked his hand over with a swift shift of the shoulder as he walked towards a human shape that seemed to be searching for something with great need.
“You, where’s Amarantha?”
Two asked in a demanding tone. Tyrell’s eyes widened as he took in the wings and tail.
“You’re one of those.”
Tyrell hissed, his body tense and his face hot with anger.
Two caught him by the collar and pressed him against a wall violently.
“Tell me where she is, human or I swear I’ll-“
Four pushed Two away from the enraged Tyrell roughly and frowned at them.
“There’s no time for this macho crap. Let’s find Indigo. He’s the other kid, right Two? We need him, come with us.”
Four said in a business-like way, gently grabbing Tyrell’s wrist.
“I’m not coming with you.”
Tyrell said bluntly, frowning at them. By this time they were the only ones left on the salon, everyone else was outside.
“Look, you’re the other knight so we need you. Our goal is to look for Indigo and you’ll be useful so let’s just go after her...they’re taking her farther away by the second...”
“Who the fuck is Indigo? Who the fuck are you? What the hell is a knight?”
Two made a hissing sound and without further ado placed Tyrell on his back and kicked off the ground. Four followed him suit.
“Move and I’ll let you fall.”
Two said in an acid tone. Tyrell cursed and tried to tighten his grip against Two’s back.
“I’ll need some explanations if you want me to help you.”
Tyrell stated in a less menacing tone after a few minutes of silent flying.
“Each special being has two other beings that would protect him or her forever, no matter what, against anything that comes their way. They are called knights. A certain event bonds them with their Queen, which is the name that the person they look after receives. You and I are Indigo’s knights. You know Indigo, her real name is Amarantha. And I think you know about me, too. I’m Kier and I’m an incubus.”
Tyrell kept quiet for a few seconds, taking in the information.
“Who took Amarantha away and why?”
“Nightmares. They’re evil men into dark witchcraft who look for Indigo children so that they can enhance their power. Amarantha is an Indigo child, her powers are amazing and they know it.”
Kier replied in a monotone.
“How do I know this is true?”
Tyrell asked tentatively. Kier snorted.
“Hasn’t she talked about me? I’m sure she has...”
He stopped, sensing how Tyrell shook his head. Kier took a resentful breath and then answered,
“You’ve got a phoenix. You’re bound to know this is true.”
The full moon shined on the dark blue night sky, a few stars scattered here and there. Tyrell let the information sink, his head seemed about to explode as he processed it all. Kier, on the other hand, tried not to let the human fall from his back into instant death. He hated the feeble kid on his back, he wanted to choke him with his bare hands...he had been all of this years next to his Queen and he had to look at them from far away, behind bushes and tree trunks.
This was all wrong.
Four cleared his throat,
“My name is Deacon, or Four as you wish. So, Tyrell, are you going to help us find you Queen or not?”
Tyrell hesitated long enough for Kier to grit his teeth in annoyance. Tyrell slowly took in a long breath and then leisurely let it out,
“Yes.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Second update in a day! Yay, me!
I'm sick, my head pounds and I have to blow my nose every few seconds. Typical, just when I'm out of school this shit happens.