Indigo

The Voyage Begins

Kier slowed down as they reached Tyrell’s house, he turned into a dive sharply and let Tyrell with a soft lump on his house’s front lawn.
“We have to be quick. Go inside with Deacon and take whatever you need for a few week’s trip. Keep it light since most of the time we’re going to be carrying you. Bring warm clothes, we’re going to be traveling at night so it’s going to be cold. Believe me, if you get frostbite I won’t be sad. Now move, see you here in five.”
Kier started to go to Amarantha’s house when Tyrell took him by the arm,
“Where are you going?”
“I don’t want Amarantha to get frostbite.”
He stated acidly, taking his arm away from Tyrell’s grip. Tyrell threw him a death glare and jogged down to his place, Deacon by his side.
“What a weird house...”
Deacon stated in a mocking tone as they flew into Tyrell’s room so they wouldn’t disturb his parents. Tyrell ignored the comment as he took out his school backpack and quickly pulled all of its contents on his desk. He went to his closet and changed into a pair of jeans and a long-sleeved white shirt with a V collar.
“Oh my, you sure look tasty...”
Deacon said in a seductive tone as he watched Tyrell get dressed from his bed. Tyrell threw him a slightly scared sideway glance and starting throwing shirts into his backpack, as well as some underwear and socks, and an extra pair of jeans.
“It’s going to be cold, sweetheart.”
Deacon pointed out as he swiftly walked to Tyrell’s closet and pulled out a thick coat with fake fur lining the hoodie.
“This will do. Go get a good pair of sneakers.”
Tyrell looked at his naked feet and nodded, putting on a pair of socks and slipping into his most comfortable sneakers. Deacon had already grabbed his backpack and was waiting for him near the window.
“Hold on, I’m gonna scribble something down for my parents...”
Deacon sighed and rolled his eyes as Tyrell looked for a piece of paper and a pen.
“Most kids would be simply happy to leave their homes after a pretty decent-looking girl. If I thought girls were attractive I’d probably try to go after her vagi-“
“Cut it off, please.”
Tyrell demanded, using a pinprick to attach the note to his door.

Mom and Dad
Something terrible happened and I have to go look for Amarantha. I’m coming home as soon as I can, I promise. Calling the police won’t help at all.
Love,
Tyrell


“Let’s go.”
Kier was already waiting for them, an annoyed look on his ice eyes. He had Amarantha’s usual purple backpack on his shoulder. He threw it to Tyrell, who sensed it was pretty light.
“Don’t loose it.”
“You didn’t put a thick coat in here!”
Tyrell said in an irritated tone as he searched among Amarantha’s clothes.
“Hey, don’t look at her clothes! There’s underwear in there! Plus, Amarantha doesn’t need a coat, smartass. She doesn’t sense temperature, haven’t you noticed that?”
Tyrell frowned and shut his mouth, shouldering Amarantha’s backpack. Kier looked at him with a satisfied glace and nodded at Deacon who pushed Tyrell into his back eagerly.
“Hey, no groping!”
“You’re cute.”
Deacon said with a giggle as they took off.

* * *
Amarantha had been awake for a few minutes now, but her body felt heavy and sore. The place where she had, quite obviously, been thrown into was dirty, and soaking wet. Her arms and hair were covered in a slimy liquid and she felt ill, like she was about to puke. She had been hearing hoarse voices talking in whispers, and the clanking of knifes and cups. They were obviously eating, whoever she was with.
“I think she’s awake.”
She heard someone say above her. The chattering stopped and she heard chairs been drawn back and feet approaching.
“Are you awake, Amarantha Moore?”
A deep voice asked. Amarantha opened her eyes, the feeling of being in trouble doubling as she did so. Her lips muttered a hoarse,
“Yes.”
The quiet chattering resumed for a second and then someone said,
“Have her take a shower and rest properly. She won’t be of any help in that state.”
Amarantha tried to remember the sound of their voices and remember their faces. But it was impossible. All of their voices seemed pretty much alike and the fact that her hearing wasn’t very good at the moment and her head was pounding didn’t help a lot. Her faces where even much more difficult to see since they wore long, black cloaks that blended together, not even letting her count how many of them where. But they all had two things in common: first, they reeked of death and piss and second, they drilled horror and dread into her fragile bones. Oh and one third thing she almost missed to notice: they were powerful.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, I can't believe we're in Chapter 18 already!
So, how do yo think the situation between the two knights is going to develop?
Also, does anyone know how ratings work? A friend of mine and I have been wondering....