Indigo

Epilogue

There’s something wrong with me, I can feel it inside...
Even when I’m giving my lecture on my classes I can feel some of the kid’s faces looking at me strangely, especially the older ones. It’s like they find something odd about me. There are some who won’t even come nearer than two steps away from me. It’s like they’re expecting something from me... And then there’s my parents. I couldn’t stand the look of my father’s face in my mother’s funeral. His face was all red, and it looked as if a sea was spitting out of his eyes. He kept looking at my dry ones, as if expecting me to say something.
But what can I say about a stranger?
How can I cry for one?
It’s impossible.
The person I was...I think she haunts me. She haunts me in everyone I’ve known, in everyone I’ve ever talked to. They’re so easy to read I don’t even need my mind to analyze them, just my eyes.
But then again, this scares me. It scares me so much it takes me to a place in which, when I get there, its difficult for me to come back. It’s like this isolated place in my mind. Maybe if I tried hard enough I could get some memories back, maybe in that place my memories are all locked up.
But do I really want to go there?
I’m not sure, so I avoid the place altogether.
Tyrell doesn’t say much about the old me...he doesn’t like to talk about it. The most I’ve taken out of him was how we officially met. He doesn’t even want to tell me why he hates Kier so much. Not that I disagree with him, I don’t like that guy, he is the only demon that I’ve met that gives me chills.
Every month Tyrell tells me he’s going away to visit his parent’s grave.
I know he lies, when he comes back he can’t stare at me properly and he smells of Kier and something else. Plus, I can always see small packages in the car.
I think he visits Kier’s sons.
I don’t know why he does it...maybe he wants to remember my old self by looking at those brats?
I should tell him to stop, he never comes well from this visits. Even Sue can tell, bless her, she’s so observant at such a little age! Those little demons...Kier’s kids must be...ten? Nine? I bet they’re as creepy and odd as his father.

There are things I don’t understand about myself.
My inner demons are much more darker than those of the rest.
There’s something wrong with me.
I can feel it inside...


-Amarantha
♠ ♠ ♠
Once again, I love you all!