I'm on a sentimental journey, of no return or looking back

Part 15

I sat down, detached the monitor from my belt, and handed Tré a cup of tea. He took it from me, and placed it on the coffee table. Turning to me he took my hands and looked in my eyes.

“You can’t hate me.” He said hopefully.

“I won’t hate you Tré, I promise. I don’t think anything you could tell me would make me hate you, but please, tell me. What was that guy talking about?” he nodded.

“Okay…I’d just come back from another practice at Bill’s. I had to work overtime to make ends meet, and any spare time I had, I was at Bill’s, learning the songs. Al had just left them hanging, and they’d asked me to fill in as drummer. But then we got a call, saying they wanted us to do a small tour, nothing fancy, just a few small gigs for people who’d heard of us. But I still didn’t know all of the songs…”

I squeezed his hand, he nodded.

“…anyway, I’d got home late one night, and Ariana was fuming. She looked like she’d been crying for hours. I asked her what was up, and she told me she was pregnant. It hit me like a ton of bricks. Worse. It hit me like a fucking china cup to the left temple. She blamed me for her getting pregnant. But we got over it. We accepted it. At seventeen it was a lot to take in, but, I told her I’d do right by her. Then one day a couple of weeks later, the day we were meant to leave, I came home, and she had my bag packed. She told me that she’d had a miscarriage, and that I should go. I refused to, but she forced me… I left, I should have stayed, but I left, and after the tour was done. I went back. In those few short months, she’d left. She didn’t tell anyone where she was going. Didn’t leave a forwarding address. No note, no phone call, nothing. I was devastated. I tried looking for her, but I never heard trace of her again. At my lowest point, I thought she’s killed herself, but I assured myself that someone would have told me, and left it at that. If she’d tried this hard to get away from me, who was I to try to find her. And that’s the last time I took a second to think of her. I decided to move on with my life, and a few years later, I met Lisea, and you know the rest.”

He looked up at me. I could never have believed that he’d gone through that at such a young age.

Hypocrite, you weren’t even bloody born

I shook my head, to rid the voices, looked at Tré, and kissed him.

“Thank you for telling me. I know now that I can tell you, it’s not your fault, please stop blaming yourself. Lets just put this all behind us, and enjoy having the kids back.”

He nodded.

Screaming erupted from the monitor. I spoke too soon.

“Well, life goes on I suppose, babies need feeding?” Tré smiled, I nodded, and he left the room.