Running From Lions

Part 4

Jack woke up to the silence of his cabin and waves splashing outside. He wasn’t sure why he woken up, but he somehow felt obliged to. He looked upwards from the bottom bunk, to see if any of his other fellow sailors are awake. A soft snore came from the top bunk which belonged to Greico, to which Jack assumed that they’re all asleep.

He crept silently out of his bunk, before taking his coat and flashlight, and heading above to the deck. As he climbed the stairs upwards, a voice broke the still silence. It was a beautiful voice, serenading those who heard it. The raven haired man felt the ends of his hair stand, remembering Colussy’s story just this morning.

Luck loves me not tonight, I'm running out...

This four leaf clover's all but useless now.

I've got four wheels that say I'm not alone tonight,

I'm always looking for a joy ride through the

Brightest part of this town.


His flashlight clattered onto the floor, the light flickering before going out.

“Shit.” Jack breathed heavily as he tried to turn around and go back to his cabin.

His body didn’t seem to respond, as if Jack wasn’t the one controlling it. His hands gripped onto the handrails tightly, until his knuckles turned white as Jack struggled to move his leg even slightly. His boots gave out a very high squeaking noise as the rubber rubbed against the metal that made Jack ears sting. Even as his palms got sweaty, his hands refused to let go.

Break out, break out,

As we escape through the windows,

Head for the car, and never look back, singing-singing,

"Break out, break out,

Our time has come and we've got these big city dreams."


He gritted his teeth and decided to let his body win for now, letting his feet move up the stairs. As he got out, his face was assaulted by the harsh winds, and the overpowering sound of the waves crashing. Even so, the voice was ever so loud, as if they were yelling the song out.

Jack could feel his stomach doing somersaults as his feet led his to side of the ship at the railing. His shaky hands grabbed the rusty bars for support, he honestly never felt so scared. His body was telling him to look down into the dark water, but Jack resisted and stared straight ahead, at the horizon.

Whatever is down there is my death.

Sweat formed at his temples, as he desperately tries to keep on staring straight, even when his lanky long legs are starting to give way. He was shaking so much, and breathing so heavily, Jack couldn’t think straight. In his head, he was at war with himself, with one part yelling to look and the other yelling not to take even a peek.

Put up or…
SHUT UP.” Jack yelled out in frustration, before looking over the railing and into the water.
He saw a splash, and the voice disappeared, and Jack felt that his body was untied from something. The raven haired man fell backwards in relief, the wet and cold floor was so welcoming after a horrendous ordeal like that. That is a story for Colussy I have to tell tomorrow during breakfast.
He made his way back to his cabin, not knowing that the seas that night were dyed a beautiful crimson red.

---------------

It was very Alex Gaskarth to follow his target everywhere they went. But for Jack Barakat, it was different. He was still following Jack, but every time Alex get the slightest glimpse of Jack, part of his side swept fringe, that ear stud on his left earlobe (Alex had to ask Cass what it is), a peek of the two tattoos he has on his left arm, it was enough for the mermaid to have his heart racing.

What is he doing to me?

Alex couldn’t get over the fact that Jack was on the same boat with that rotten man, so he followed them all the way to a bigger ship, Mary Jane. He decided to stay around, just to get another peek at Jack.

The mermaid must have dozed off, because he woke up to something he always does.

Singing.

“Must be another mermaid.” Alex sighed, rubbing his eyes as he squinted at the silhouette of the mermaid, who was already above the water.

Out of curiosity, Alex decided to swim a bit closer to see who the mermaid was, and who they were going to make their next victim. He usually wouldn’t do something like this, but he decided why not. As he got closer, he immediately realised who the mermaid was, from the amount of tattoos he had on his arms and the usual ripped body.

“Zack Merrick.” The brunette grimaced.

Honestly, Alex and Zack aren’t always on good terms. They fought a lot when they come in sight of each other, and just recently, Alex was the cause of a big scar on his arm, which now was covered up by a few tattoos.

Who’s his unlucky victim?

When the mermaid looked up, he was hoping honestly it wasn’t him. But it was.

It is Jack Bassam Barakat.

It could be an overreaction, but Alex couldn’t stand it anymore. He lashed out his claws before he dragged Zack down, digging his sharp claws into Zack’s torso. The other mermaid yelped in surprise, but immediately fought back, forcefully pulling himself away from Alex’s death grip. By doing so, the claws scratched deep into his skin as he pulled away, leaving bloody trail marks.

Alex grabbed Zack’s neck and held his fingers tightly around it. Zack started squirming and gasping, but it made Alex tighten his grip.

“Listen here Zack.” The brunette threatened, staring straight into the other mermaid’s eyes. “If you take my target, you will be my next target.”

“Understand?” Alex yelled, pressing his thumbs even harder.

Zack nodded, before muttering something under his breath and swimming away. The water around Alex had a slight tinge of red due to the scuffle, so the mermaid decided to come back the next day. Maybe hoping that Jack dives in the water again or he goes out more often on the deck of the ship.

Although Alex had a hot temper, he surprised himself at his sudden burst of anger just now. It was very unlike of him to get angry over a human. He pulled the ends of his hair, desperately trying to think why. All he could think about was Jack, Jack and more Jack. Nothing logical came out, it was just Jack, dear good ol’ Jack Bassam Barakat.

“Maybe that’s the answer.” Alex said, squishing his cheeks together in frustration.

I am fully and truly in love with Jack Bassam Barakat.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay! Another chapter it seems, I do hope you enjoyed it, I think there would be two more parts to this story before I finish it? But I am a bad planner, so it may be more than that. Thank you to those who subscribed, recommended and even commented on the story! I really appreciate it, and I look forward to any new comments about this chapter!! Thanks for the support yo