Status: Complete

You're Cute, I Think I'll Keep You.

Two

Austin and Alan chased Tino determinedly as the drummer jogged hurriedly away. The ginger was feeling a wide range of emotions; from excitement for the coming night and anxiety at how Tino would take all this. Austin on the other hand, was plainly focused on talking to their band mate.
“Tino stop running!” Austin yelled frustrated, stopping dead in his tracks. Alan was close enough to be taken by surprise at the sudden stop and bounced off Austin’s back comically. The taller boy turned and laughed at Alan’s bemused facial expression.
“You look like the cute dwarf from Snow White,” he chuckled steadying Alan.
“Better than the freaking Hulk,” Alan shrugged smiling.
Austin laughed and turned back to Tino who had given up on running… partly due to the fact that there was no space left to run to and partly because the sheer power behind Austin's voice.
“Talk,” he said simply, avoiding both of his band mates' gazes.
“You’ve always known I’m bi and well, apparently Alan is too right?” Austin started, addressing Tino but looking at Alan for help.
Alan tried nodding encouragingly but then shook his head after processing Austin’s words.
“I’m pansexual,” he explained then waved it away as a minor detail before continuing.
“I know you’re not homophobic though so I don’t really think that’s your problem is it?”
“Not really… It’s just that whenever there’s a relationship with two band mates the band starts to fall apart man… Like if you guys fight, our set’ll probably look strange and if you break up then one of you might leave the band… Does that make sense?” Tino tried waving his sticks in the air in search of the right words.
“Yeah,” Austin agreed begrudgingly.
“Well yeah but it doesn’t have to be true,” Alan attempted.
Tino sighed as if Alan was being irrational.
“In what case isn’t it true dude? It’s always true…”
“Not really. I mean, Austin and I are actually legit adults and can handle a fight or break up without having to tear the whole band apart," Alan reasoned attempting to sound grown up.
“We may be legit adults but we’re still human Alan. If we get upset it’s bound to affect a third party…” Austin sighed.
“No stop. Don’t you start backing him up Austin. I’m not a fucking unicorn. I know things won’t be rainbows and pots of gold all the time. All I’m saying is that it’s possible for us to go out without impacting the band dramatically.” Alan countered in what he thought was a slightly angry tone but really was just a chill drawl.
“Leprechauns,” Tino muttered.
“What?” the guitarist asked furrowing his brows.
“Leprechauns. You meant leprechauns. Pots of gold and rainbows go with leprechauns not unicorns.” Austin piped up smiling amusedly.
Alan blushed lightly and tried to wave it off.
Austin stared at the boy happily as Alan took shelter under the taller man's arms attempting to be shielded from Tino's unimpressed expression.
“You’re so freaking cute,” the singer laughed pecking Alan’s red forehead.
“Okay, I don’t need this in my life. Do whatever you want but if it affects the band at all, we’ll have to have a serious talk about it k?” Tino asked starting to shuffle past the boys.
“Yes mom,” Austin joked.
“And you go record that lick Ashby,” Tino added pointing at Alan and exiting the room.
Alan rolled his eyes and nodded as a response.
“We only have ten minutes man, better record that thing quick,” Austin said when they were alone.
“Yeah yeah, it’ll take like 2 seconds…”
“Mhmm, move it Ashby,” Austin replied nudging the shorter boy out the door gently.
Alan sighed and quickly ran to get his guitar before their producer got mad. As he walked towards the recording booth, the ginger stopped abruptly and ran back to Austin.
“Wait, I almost forgot,” he chirped.
The singer tilted his head confused and was met with a gentle kiss and hands around his neck.
Austin smiled childishly.
“You’re too nice to me Ashby,”
“You’re welcome,” Alan replied running off to record.
The rest of their stay in the studio was short lived since Alan really did finish the recording pretty quick.
“So what now?” Alan asked exiting the booth not five minutes after he'd entered it.
“I think we do whatever we were planning to do today and then meet up again at night for the date?” Austin suggested and Alan smiled at the word “date”.
“Sounds good,” he replied unstrapping his guitar.
“Yeah?” Austin responded tugging the ginger’s waist closer.
Alan smirked.
“Get your hands of me. You’ll get plenty of chances for that tonight” he teased.
Austin laughed and crashed his lips onto the other boy’s happily. Alan stepped closer messily setting the guitar down.
“Up,” he murmured childlike and Austin chuckled hoisting the other boy up.
The kiss continued gently as Alan ran his hands along Austin’s neck and traced circled around his stubble.
“You’re driving me crazy, save that for tonight,” Austin laughed nipping at Alan’s fingers and walking backwards to sit on the arm of a couch.
Alan chuckled and moved for Austin’s neck instead. The taller boy moaned lightly at the feeling of the other boy’s mouth on his jawline and shifted so that his hands could move Alan’s face back onto his own.
“Save that too please… I wouldn’t be able to drive properly if I let you finish doing that. Let alone function,” Austin said biting a lip at just the look of Alan’s mouth.
“You’re pretty sappy for a hardcore screamer you know Austin?” Alan teased.
“Mhmm, it’s why you like me,” Austin replied.
“Can’t argue with that!” Alan smiled, and hopped off from Austin’s lap heading to the door.
“I’m supposed to meet Ashley in like five minutes so I’ll see you tonight okay,” the guitarist said as the taller man got on his feet and followed him out.
“Yup, text me,” Austin replied, a huge smile spread unashamedly across his face.
"I will," Alan replied getting into his car; the promise of that night sitting cheerfully on his mind.
♠ ♠ ♠
First of all, sorry for being hypocritical and making this longer... I just like cashby and the fluffy idea of this fic. Second, this chapter was meant to be the date night but it didn't come out like that so sorry about that too. Um, hope you guys enjoy it!