Office Space

Finale

She wakes up for no reason at three, blinks at the ceiling til awareness comes. Slade is in her bed, one arm around her hips. He must’ve carried her here. His face is pressed to her stomach, mouth slightly open. She’s never seen him relaxed before. He trusts her. So she decides to trust him. She carefully puts a hand on his back, feeling the in and out of his breath. She falls back to sleep with a contented sigh.
She wakes up again to the smell of waffles and decides that Slade Wilson is perfect.
__________________________

“So, hypothetically, if I found my soulmate, how would you guys…feel?” she asks Diggle while they’re alone in the Cave.

He steeples his fingers and rests his chin on them. “That would be great, Felicity.”

“Okay, yeah, but, still hypothetically, what if my soulmate is Slade Wilson?” Digg sighs long and loud. “I mean….”

“Just. Don’t talk for a sec,” he interrupts, putting his head in his hands. She waits a full minute before opening her mouth again.

“So….”

“Oliver’s going to put an arrow in you.”

“Ugh, why is everyone saying that?”

He raises an eyebrow. “How many people have you told?”

“Well, I told you first, cause you’re the calmest. I’m working up to Roy, Thea, and Sara.” He pinches the bridge of his nose. “Look, trust me. Not Slade. It’s me, Digg.”

“Alright.”

She glances at him. “Really? It’s that easy?”

“Yeah. I know you. You’re not stupid.”

She breathes a long sigh of relief and touches his shoulder. “You’re the best, Digg.”

“I know.”

_________________________________
Felicity waits for Sara to put down any visible weapons before she speaks to her. “So, Slade’s my soulmate,” she blurts out, feeling nervous and sweaty cause this is Sara, and if Sara feels like her relationship is a problem, then everything is fucked. Everyone knows that Sara’s the real leader of this team.
Sara flips the hair out of her eyes and gives Felicity a level gaze. Felicity waits, doing her best not to fidget or babble. “I know.”

“You know. You know? How?

Now Sara looks nervous, sits with her long legs folded. “I always wanted a little sister.”

“Okay.” She can see where this is going. She thinks.

“First there was Sin, and now you. Two little sisters. Two people to watch over. There’s Thea, too, but Laurel’s her soulmate, and, well…” She wrinkles her nose. “I don’t want to see Laurel having sex with anyone, especially Thea.”

Felicity grins at her. “So, cause you watch me…”

“I found out about Slade really early. Don’t worry. I won’t let Ollie put an arrow in you.”

God. Oliver’s not gonna put an arrow in me!” Sara just laughs and stands, patting her on the hip as she walks by.

______________________________
Felicity catches Thea while she’s putting boxes away. “Uh, hey, Thea.” Jesus, she’s beautiful. Even objectively. The Queen family must drink some sort of awesome gene’s potion, cause God.

“Oh, hi, Felicity,” she says distractedly, checking numbers off on a clipboard.

“Slade Wilson is my soulmate and he’s good now.”

“That’s nice.” Thea glances up and gives her a tight smile, tapping her pen. “Have you seen Laurel? Could you tell her I want her to come here?”

“Uh, sure.”

“Thanks!” Thea says brightly, so Felicity leaves to look for Laurel.

_________________________________________________
Roy and Sin are harder to find. They’re the weird kind of soulmates who are always at each other’s side and no one can tell if they’re platonic or not.

“Slade’s my soulmate.”

They glance at each other and nod. “Sara already told us.” “Roy already had his inevitable freakout.” “It wasn’t that bad.” “Tell that to my apartment. My poor lamp will never be the same again.”
They’re smiling. Sin fiddles with the new piercing through her bottom lip. “Hey, does this look swollen to you?”

Roy turns to her, moving in close. “Hm…” He takes her chin in one hand, gentle. Just when Felicity thinks they’re going to kiss, and she’s going to win the betting pool, he pulls back. “Nah. You’re fine.”

They look up at Felicity like they’re wondering why she’s still there, so she leaves.

________________________________________
Oliver doesn’t put an arrow in her. He puts one in Slade. Slade grunts and pulls it out, wound already healing. “S’not nice to shoot friend’s soulmates, Queen.”

“If this is a trick, if you hurt her, I’m killing you, Slade.”

“I wouldn’t go that low,” he says defensively.

“You almost killed my mother!”

“She’s alive.”

“You kidnapped Thea!”

“Also still alive,” Felicity interjects, peeking out from behind Sara. Oliver gives her a look, desperate and confused. “My choice, Oliver. My choice to trust him. My choice to tell you.”

“My choice to leave.” Oliver turns and stalks off, followed by Sara.

“He’ll get over it,” Digg says, clapping a hand on her shoulder.

“Wait, your soulmate is Slade?” Thea says, coming up behind them. Roy and Sin take her by the elbows and lead her away.

“This is why-” “-you need to pay more attention, Thea.”

Slade is flexing his fingers, the mark on his shoulder fading to pink. “I told you not to tell him in the Cave. Too much access to weapons.”

“I’m really sorry.”

“I’ve had worse.” He grins, tugging her in by the waist. “Why don’t you kiss it better?”

“You are literally the lamest person ever.” She kisses him anyway.

With his mouth on hers, Slade barely notices the pain in his shoulder.
END