Write Myself Out Of The History Books

Touché

June 2005:

Maria:

The next 3 weeks passed slowly and I spent most of my time with Travis and his friends. They reminded me so much of my friends at home. I talk to Jack all the time and he never brought up Alex once, which I was thankful for. We mainly talked about the band, their record deal, recording an EP, and just other random things that Jack and I have always talked about. Jena called me a lot too, as well as Zack and Rian. None of them ever mentioned Alex, but I could tell it was at the forefront of their minds.
“Hey, Ree,” Danny greeted me as I walked into Travis’s house one afternoon.
“Hey, Dan-Dan,” I smiled and grabbed a beer out of Travis’s fridge.
I’d gotten pretty comfortable at his house. Most of my time was spent either here with Travis or at the beach with Travis or in town with Travis. I can tell that he’s trying to keep my mind off of what happened with Alex. I had told him only the main points of the fight. He never pushed to hear more, which was nice.

Aunt Dee has slowly become less cool since all the stuff with Alex happened. She thinks that I should stay away from all boys until I’m completely over him. But she doesn’t get that I won’t ever get over him. So I’ve gotten to the point where I don’t tell her that I’m going over to Trav’s house. Aunt Dee doesn’t think that I should hang out with him because she thinks he’s just trying to get in my pants. I’ve tried to explain to her that Travis is a good guy and that he wouldn’t ever do anything to hurt me. Then she told me that I thought the same thing about Alex and ‘look how that turned out.’ That was the first fight that I’ve ever had with her. I had stormed out of the house and went straight to Travis’s house.

I’ve gotten a job now too at a local clothing store that sells surf and skate clothes which was a big bonus because all of my clothes are surf and skate brands. It also gave me some extra cash. I always try paying for things but Travis or Danny or Hunter or Drew always insisted on paying. But I usually slipped some money into their wallets or pockets when they aren’t paying attention.

“So what are you up to today?” Danny asked from the couch as I came back into the living room.
“Um, I was just gonna hang here for a little then go to work, my shift starts at 2.” I said opening my beer.
“When do you get off?” He said taking my beer from me and taking a swig.
“9.” I said taking my beer back.
“Danny, Trav, and me are going to the movies later. Do you want to go?” Drew asked coming down the stairs from where he was taking a nap.
“Sure.” I smiled. “What time?”
“Around 9:30,” Danny said.
“Pick me up at work?” I asked.
“Sure thing,” Drew smiled.
“You guys are truly amazing.” I smiled as Travis came in the door.
“I know, aren’t we!? Wait, what are we talking about?” He said and we all laughed.
“You’re taking me to the movies later.” I said, still laughing.
“Sweet.” Travis smiled sitting between me and Danny on the couch.
“You just separated me from my Dan-Dan.” I pouted.
“Aw, I’m sorry. But I want you all to myself.” Travis smiled hugging me.
“No fair! You have to share.” Drew said loudly.
“Ew! That sounded so wrong.” I laughed.
The time passed quickly and soon it was almost time for me to be at work.
“You ready to go, Ree?” Travis asked at around 1:45.
“Yeppers,” I said and grabbed my purse.
“Bye.” Drew and Danny said.
“See ya bitches.” I smiled waving goodbye.
“Bye ho!” Danny yelled.

I really don’t mind this job. I’m a people person and everyone who comes in is always really nice. Plus I get a pretty sweet employee discount.
“Maria, your ride is here!” Brian, my boss, yelled around 9 when Travis’s car pulled up in front of the store.
“Thanks Brian, see you on Monday!” I said and grabbed my purse from behind the counter.
I ran out to Travis’s car. It was started to rain a little so I quickly got in the front seat.
“Hey,” Travis smiled.
“Hello there.” I smiled back. “Where is everybody?” I said once I noticed we were alone.
“Drew forgot that he had to go to some family dinner thing with Hunter and Danny fell asleep around 7 because he was up till 5 last night. So we are flying solo tonight.” Travis said as he started driving.
“We’re technically not flying solo since there are 2 of us.” I pointed out.
“Touché,” Travis laughed.
“You know I always win.” I said smugly and he laughed again.

Travis is such a good guy; I can’t get over how amazing he is. He’s always so sweet and considerate; he’s slowly filling the whole that Alex left when he broke my heart. Well, really he shattered it into a billion little pieces. Damn, I shouldn’t of thought of Alex. Now I’m not going to be able to stop thinking about him. I tried to get engrossed in the movie, but it wasn’t happening. Not that it was a bad movie or anything, it was good. But my mind has been wandering a lot lately.

I looked at Travis who was sitting next to me. Very close to me, actually. I can feel his leg next to mine and every time he moves his hand it brushes my arm, which sends little shivers up my spine. I turned back to the movie, but I could feel his eyes on me now. I smiled a little and kept watching the movie. He yawned loudly and dramatically and lifted his arm up and put it around my shoulders. I leaned in closer to him.

“Did you actually use the yawn and stretch move on me?” I whispered in his ear.
“I have no clue what you’re talking about.” Travis said trying to look aloof.
This caused me to giggle and someone behind us said, “Shhhhh!” Causing me to giggle more and Travis pulled me closer to him and I put my face into his chest to muffle my uncontrollable laughing.
“You’re crazy.” Travis smiled and kissed me on the top of my head.
I smiled into his chest and locked my fingers with his. Could I be falling for Travis? He could be exactly what I need to get over Alex.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took me so long to get this out!
Please comment loads!
Peace&Love
E.