Just the Beginning

Chapter Two

It was a bright and sunny afternoon in the city of Pittsburgh. Me and Elizabeth are just finishing up on our run and heading into out apartment, we both grab a bottle of water and sit on the couch in the living room to talk.

"So. Miss Nicole!! When are you coming to work with me? I really think that you would like it."

"Uhhh I don't know. I like having the time off right now, plus I may go home for the weekend and I know that you want to get away too."

"I do!! Especially on how these playoffs are going right now, I know I'm going to need it."

"Well...how about after this, after this round is over we plan a trip!!"

"Really?! You would be willing to wait?" Elizabeth says coming back from throwing her water bottle in the garbage.

"Yeah, it kinda gives me more time to work on my bikini body. I need all the help I can get right about now."

"Oh shut up!! I am the one who needs help."

"Okay. We both do!!" As we laugh together and I continue talking. "Lets see how this series with the Flyers go and well go from there??"

"Okay awesome!! So, I just wanted to tell you that the game is at seven tomorrow, I have to be down at the rink by four thirtyish and I think that you should come with me."

Elizabeth has been asking me to come to a game with since the end of the regular season, saying how its always a fun time. Don't get me wrong I want to go but, I just started watching hockey on tv when she moved in a few months ago and I feel that I would be bothering her all the time about the damn sport.

"I don't know. I don't want to be bugging you everything."

"You know I will be more than happy to tell you anything and everything that you want to know Nicole."

"Awe. You're so sweet. Ill think about it and we will talk later."

"Okay." She says with a smile.

"So, what else do you want to do today?"

"Well, I may get a jumpstart on thinking of where we should go on our vacation and find my suitcases."

"Alright. I am going to shower, take a nap and I will go look at sites when I am done."

"Okay. I am gonna have a snack, take a nap and shower too."

"Sounds good." We both nod to each other as I head upstairs.

After about an hour we find out that the best place to go right now is Virginia Beach, but its a little bit out of our price range. We are both sitting on the couch in t-shirts and sweatpants Indian style. Liz is on her laptop and I am on my phone.

"I mean we can do it, but we would have to wait like thirty years until we can go on a decent vacation again."

"Awesome." I say with oozing sarcasm. As she is looking at her laptop screen with such concentration I can just tell that her mind is going a mind a minute.

"You know what, how about I ask my uncle to see what I can do about our transportation problem?"

"Do you really think that he would do that for us?" I ask with raised eyebrows.

"Since I am his favorite niece right now yes."

"Awesome!! I am going to go look for my suitcases now. This is going to be such a fun trip."

With our bags packed we are ready to go on this well deserved trip. Now all we have to do is get through today. Its game five of the eastern conference finals, one of the biggest games this season. I don't think that anyone in western Pennsylvania wants to go back east.

"Morning!! How did you sleep?" As I walk into the kitchen and pour some coffee in my tumbler for the day.

"Better than I thought I would."

"Me too!!"

"So...uhhh are you coming to morning skate with me?" Elizabeth is staring me down as she is taking a sip of her coffee.

"Ummm....don't give me that look Liz!!!"

She puts on the puppy dog face and its a hit or miss on if it works or not and right now, and its just to early for me to even try to argue with her, it works this time so lets give this a shot.

"Okay okay!! Ill see how it goes today and then see if I want to come with you again."

"Yay!!! We'll leave in like fifteen minuets."

On our way to the rink we jam out and sing loud to the radio, sipping our coffees and talking about our trip during the early morning rush hour traffic.

"I cant wait for this trip!! The beach, the shopping, night life, and quality time with you." I say as we are at a stoplight.

"Awe. I'm excited too!! A trip we will never forget." She gives me a big smile as we get onto the parkway and after about forty-five minuets in traffic we finally get to Mellon Arena to the parking garage. Elizabeth turns off the car, we get out and make our way to the back entrance of the building.

"It will be pretty cool to see these guys in person instead of through a tv screen."

"Oh yeah, and all of them are so nice."

"Oh awesome!!"

"Maybe you'll find your next boyfriend." As she is winking at me and nudging me.

"I highly doubt that."

We get in and I see the zambonis and extra bleachers and equipment of the actual rink and itself and walk into a large hallway with a lot of doors and artwork on the walls. We arrive at a door with a black panel with white lettering reading Pittsburgh Penguins Head Coach. Liz knocks on the door and we walk in and she greets her uncle.

"How are you?" She asks as she takes a seat. "Good. Are you staying out of trouble?"

"Yes!! You remember my roommate Nicole?"

"Oh yeah, how are you dear?"

"I'm good." I sit down and we all catch up a little bit and Liz had some paperwork for the game tonight.

"Alright girls, ill see you two tonight."

"Sure will!!"

"Yep!! Can't wait." I say walking over to the door.

"We are just about to get started soon if you girls want to watch."

"Yeah!!" We both say together and chuckle.

"Okay, you can sit on the bench. Ill see you out there." We all walk out of his office and Liz decides to take a different route than her uncle.

"Where are we going?"

"Uhh....the locker room and don't look at me like that because all of the guys are on the ice."

"Okay. You obviously know this life better than I do."

We continue down the hallway and come to a set of double doors with a big Penguins logo, we open the doors and bright lights come on and it hits me. I am in the Pittsburgh Penguins locker room.

"Wow!!! This is amazing."

"Yeah my dad took me to games when I was younger, his best friend was a season ticket holder and we would go with him and his family and some games we would get to come here."

"Damn you're so lucky!! Do you guys still talk?"

'Not as much, but I know we'll catch up soon."

"Well that's good."

Just looking around the room and looking at all of the stalls I am just taking it all in because who knows when I will be coming back here. We leave the locker room and head out onto the ice and sit on the bench to watch the morning skate. The boys are looking good, drills going well and executing plays. Ready to win this series. About an hour later we are walking in the parking garage to the car. Liz notices her uncle getting in his car and a second later I do.

"See you later!!" She yells.

"Bye! Ill talk to you more about your trip tonight."

"Okay."

"See ya later Coach Therrien!!" I say as I open my passenger door. He waves and gets in his car. We leave the rink just as we came into it, jamming out and singing loud, ready for a victory tonight.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so sorry about the wait!! Long story short life happened and pure laziness and I promise to update more often hoping that the site isnt a pain in the ass. Enjoy!!! :)