Just the Beginning

Chapter Four

After waking up at nine thirty in the morning and having a two and half to three hour flight we are in Virginia Beach and ready to get this vacation started!! We check into our hotel and head on up to room to get settled in and its amazing. The room is gorgeous!! Spacious sitting area, two comfy beds and a ocean view on one side and shops and restaurants on the other. We are also very thankful that the weather is gonna be nice the entire week we are here.

"So, what do you wanna do to kick start this vacation?" Elizabeth asks me while we are laying on our individual beds.

"I was thinking drinks on the beach and then some shopping and go from there."

"I like the way you think and maybe there will be a bar or we can go to tonight!!!"

"Sounds great!!" Lets go change and then we can head out."

"Okay." We get changed into our bikinis, made our own drinks in some tumblers, packed a small bag and took the five minute walk to the beach. We set down our towels and our bags and put on some sunscreen to protect ourselves. Its a relatively quiet beach with only a handful of people so we lay down and take in the afternoon sun.

"I'm so glad we came down here!!" I say after turning to lay on my stomach.

"Me too!! This was such a good time to get away and enjoy beating the Flyers and getting ready for the Stanley Cup Final."

"Do we know who we were playing?" I ask.

"Not yet, but the game is tonight, so we can go out and watch it somewhere if you want to?"

"That sounds fun!!"

After a few hours of playing in the sand, water and laying out Liz and I get up, grab our bags, and head back up to the room. We cleaned up and change into something dinner/club appropriate.

"Well its still a little early for dinner so, do you wanna go walk around and see what we find and maybe order in some food?"

"Yeah lets do that and watch the game and see how we feel after that."

"Okay cool!! Let me get the sand out of my bag." I say with a chuckle.

"Alright. Ill go grab the hotel book and see what we are working with here."

I go to the bed to slide my flip flops off while Elizabeth is looking at the book flipping the pages one by one searching for local restaurants to order from and seeing what is on the hotel menu as well. I grab my phone to call my mom for a few minuets to tell her we got here safe and sound and to catch up on our lives a little bit and after about fifteen minuets of both of us looking in the book we settle on food from the hotel.

We both order a grilled chicken salad with baked chips, but not so much on drinks. Elizabeth gets a bottle of water and I get a berry smoothie and the game is going to start in about an hour.

It was finally time for the game and the puck was about to drop right when our food arrived. Elizabeth got the money off of the counter to pat for it, she opens the door, grabs the food, pays and gives the employee a nice tip.

"Your grilled chicken salad, chips, and smoothie."

"Thank you so much." I say with a big grin.

"You're welcome." Liz returns the gesture.

Other than yelling about the terrible calls during the game it was pretty quiet first night in Virginia Beach. It was an interesting game for the first two periods for the Detroit Red Wings and the Dallas Stars but halfway through the third Detroit starts to pull away. The final score was four to two with the Red Wings winning the series four to one.

"This is gonna be a interesting series. Detroit has the skilled players and player than can drop the gloves when they need to. I'm happy that I gave my uncle new plays with the paperwork the other night so I hope he uses a few of them!!"

"Yeah me too!! Even though that this vacation just started, I kinda just wanna get home and see Jordan."

"Awe!!! I wanna see Sid too so, you're not the only one."

"Okay good." I say with a smile and a small chuckle and right then and there my mind starts to wonder and I come up with an idea.

"Hey!! I got a plan for us."

"Okay!!" Liz says looking eager

"Lets just stay in tonight!! We can drink eat snacks and have girl talk then tomorrow well go back to the beach, go shopping, have dinner and then find some fun nightlife down here."

By the look on Elizabeth's face I can already tell that this is going to be a good plan. Shes nodding her head with a tight lip smile.

"That sounds like a fun day to me!! Maybe well find a sexy outfit for our guys while were shopping."

"They're not even our boys yet!! Don't be jumping the gun."

"I know but, they couldnt keep their eyes off of us at the bar the other night and I just have a feeling that we will have hockey boyfriends in no time and especially if we find some outfits which will totally happen."

"I love your confidence." As I have my drink and getting comfy in bed.

"Thanks!! I have been feeling more confident lately so im running with it."

"Well that's good."

After some more girl talk we both fall asleep and wake up the next morning around the same time. I look out the window towards the beach at the sunrise and notice that its not that crowded and walk into the bathroom.

"Morning sunshine!!! The beach isn't to crowded right now and I was thinking we could get in a early morning run."

"That sounds good. I just gotta brush my teeth and get dressed."

"Okay me too!!"

We both go in the bathroom to get ready for the day. After that I go and get my clothes on and sit on the couch and do a little bit of channel surfing while Elizabeth is getting dressed. She gets get fairly quickly and we both leave to the lobby to grab some scrambles eggs and some fruit from the continental breakfast in the lobby before we head out to the beach. We eat and chat then make our way down to the beach and take a two mile run before it gets to crowded. We get back to the room get cleaned up change and get back to the beach to get some sun and play in the sand and I see a young couple walking together and holding hands which made me think of Jordan and wonder what hes doing right now.

After that we went to a few clothing stores and found some cute outfits for dinner, a night out and other things. We go out to Rockafeller's for dinner that is right by the beach so we have a nice view while we eat.

"We need to find somewhere to go after this."

"I know!! We gotta ask the locals where the best places are."

"Can I start you girls off with a drink? The young lady asks us in the music themed seafood restaurant.

"Ill have a water." Liz says and I nod in agreement.

"Ill have one too!!" She goes gets the waters and is back in a few moments.

"Are you gonna need more time to look at the menu or are you ready to order?"

"I'm ready!! Are you?" I ask Elizabeth as I take a sip of my water.

"Yeah!! Can I get the Bay Back Barbecue Chicken please?"

The waitress nods and smiles as she writes and looks to me for my order.

"I will have the Crab and Shrimp Pasta."

"Alright!! What kind of sauce would you like? There is Alfredo and Marinara."

"Ummm Alfredo please."

"Okay awesome!! I will get those in for you right away."

"Thank you!!" Liz and I say somewhat simultaneously and chuckle.

The waitress leaves and we talk about the rest of all our potential plan for this week with some talk of Sid, Jordan, and the Stanley Cup Final.

After those intriguing conversations our food arrives and it looks amazing and I can see the steam rising from my pasta and it smells wonderful.

"Wow!! Thank you so much." I say with joy.

"You are welcome, but be careful the plate is very hot okay."

"Alright." I take the plate carefully and set it down on the table and I can really feel the heat coming off of the noodles. Elizabeth takes her meal as well and she gets a refill on her water and when the comes back with it we start eating. The food is delicious the service has been great and it is just a fun environment to be in right now. I think that we need to start planning more trips like this more often. We spend about ten minutes after we finish to chat and wait for our checks, the waitress comes over with them, we pay and talk with her a little bit.

"What's popular around here? My roommate and I are here from out of town." I ask while while putting my credit card back in my wallet.

"What are you two wanting to do tonight?"

"Oh you know the typical drinking and dancing." Elizabeth says with a chuckle.

"Well there are a few around here but, I personally like Central 111 Tapas. Its a fun spot!! You get to dress up and they have good drinks too. How long are you girls here for?"

"Just for a week." I say.

"Oh okay. Where are you from?"

"Pittsburgh." Elizabeth says.

"Oh wow!! I used to live there a few years ago."

"That's so cool!!"

"Yeah, I just felt that a change of scenery was needed." We both nod.

"Well you girls have a fun night and enjoy your time here."

"We will!" I say.

"For sure!!" Elizabeth says.

"Awesome!! See you girls later."

"Bye!!" We both say at the same time.

We both get back to our hotel room and look up Central 111 Tapas online, get showered and figuring out what to wear for tonight. We have all of the clothes that we had bought earlier in the day laying out on both of our beds and after thirty minuets of debating on if we would actually wear the clothes or now we decided not to and thought that it would be better to show them off to Jordan and Sidney. So, we get cleaned up, call a taxi, pregame a little bit and we are ready to have a fun girls night out!!!
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh my god!!! I am so terrible at this ughhh. I think this the longest I've gone without updating and I have no excuse lol but anyway I wanted this chapter to be a bit longer but I hope that the next one will make up for it!! I hope to be posting more now that the season is just around the corner and as always comment, recommend and subscribe!!! Enjoy!!! :*