Just the Beginning

Chapter Six

It's finally gameday and Elizabeth and I are a bit nervous but excited more than anything for tonights game!!! The both of us are dressed and just about done with our Chinese food when Liz's phone rings and it's her uncle. After a few moments, she has this look on her face that she has received some news and I can't tell at the moment if it is good or bad.

Her eyes are wide open and her jaw drops and now she has her hand over her mouth. Now she's speaking in French which is rare so I have a gut feeling that this isn't good news. After a heated talk with her uncle, Liz is back in the kitchen.

"Ummm...were in trouble!!"

"Why??" I say with a concerned look on my face.

"Uhh...We should've packed a suitcase and left last night."

"To go where??"

"The game!!! For some reason, I thought that it was here but its actually in Detriot and I just got yelled at for it!!!"

"Oh my god!!! Do you wanna pack and leave now or wait until tomorrow?"

"Well considering how that I conversation just went I think that we should go now!!"

"Not gonna lie I kinda regret unpacking from Virginia Beach."

After we finished up our lunch we run upstairs to our rooms and pack a suitcase. I decide to grab another pair of jeans, a couple black and gold shirts and something to sleep in etc. I scan around my room one final time to just see if I'm forgetting anything. I walk into Elizabeth's room and I see that she grabbed another Crosby jersey of course and other things. We get back downstairs, grab our phones she grabs the keys and we are out the door on our way to Detroit!! I must say I do love a road trip!!!

"How did you not know that the game was in Detroit??" I ask chuckling as we are on the road.

"I guess I assumed that it was here because every time before when they played the Senators, Rangers, and the Flyers we always played at home so I guess I have to ask my uncle about that but I'm hoping that he doesn't yell at me again."

"Oh yeah for sure, I haven't seen you that upset in a long time!!" She nods.

"Yeah, that was crazy!!!"

"Do you wanna get any food or anything maybe something to snack on??"

"Sure!!! Let's get about two hours in and then we can stop somewhere."

"Alright cool."

So, after about two and a half hours we finally stop at a gas station to fill up the car and get some sandwiches and some bottles of water and we are back on the road.

We start listening to the radio while we ate and talked. We also talked about the game tonight and the boys...two in particular and the time just flew by!! We stopped one more time at a rest stop to freshen up a bit and before we knew it we see the beautiful skyline and we are in Detriot!!!!

Elizabeth asks me to call her uncle for her so we can find out what hotel the team is staying at.

"What did he say?" She asks while we are riding around downtown.

"They are staying at the Marriot!! He also said that its the one closest one to the rink."

"Oh Okay!! Did he seem like he was in a good mood??"

"Yeah, it seemed like he was focused on the game tonight,"

"Alright, I should be good until I see him at the rink and then who knows what will happen but he'll be all about the game so, I shouldn't even cross his mind!"

"Yeah and hopefully the boys will win and that will put in an even better mood!!"

"Oh yeah, that should do it!!!"

I put the address into the GPS and it's only seven minutes from where we are right now and by the time we the boys will be getting ready for warmups.

"Do you wanna go to the hotel now? We can check in, drop off our bags then go to the rink or just go straight to the rink??"

"Let's go straight to the rink because if my uncle is still pissed at me I don't want to give him another reason to stay pissed."

"Yeah, I feel you on that."

"Did you ask him if we had a room together or separate??"

"No, I forgot I'm sorry!!"

"It's okay, we'll wait to find out when we get there."

"Has he done anything crazy like this in the past when he's mad?"

"Well yeah, but it was when I was a lot younger so, he shouldn't but you never know with him but, if he does it won't surprise me."

"Ohh I gotcha!!"

We finally get to the rink and park near the team bus and finally get inside to get our passes and tickets. By the time we get food, beer, and get to our seats it's only a few minutes away from puck drop. I notice that Liz has a wondering eye for her uncle while I'm on my phone looking up occasionally. She spots him and on the bench and he's talking to one of the assistant coaches, he looks up and sees her and just gives her a nod and I honestly think he's just acknowledging that he knows we're here so, I guess we'll see after the game. I look at her and she's smirking so, that could mean anything.

"You okay??"

"Yeah, he's got his game face on so I can't really tell is still mad at me or not but, I know hell wanna talk to me after the game is over."

"Oh okay!! You wanna see if Sid and Jordan want to do something?"

"Oh yeah for sure but, let's see how the game goes because sometimes they'll want to after a game but then sometimes they won't. Basically, if they win or lose or how they played."

"Oh okay. Cheers to a victory for the Penguins!!!!"

"I will definitely cheers to that!!"

We touch our cups of beer, take a sip and we are ready to enjoy the Stanley Cup Final!!!

After all the screaming, bad calls, alcohol, and a fight the boys lose to the Red Wings 4-0. This one was a tough one to swallow as we made our way outside of the visitors' locker room to sit and wait and after about twenty minutes we hear footsteps coming down the hallway.

"Can we talk for a few minutes?"

"Yeah sure!!" Elizabeth gets up to go take a walk with her uncle down the hallway.

They talked for a little while then some of the team was starting to come out every few minutes then a few moments later Sidney comes out and it seems that he was looking for her so, I told him what was going on and after talking for about a minute he leaves and then I see Jordan come out. He looks bummed but, then he sees me and smiles.

"You'll get them next time." I say softly in his ear as I give him a hug.

I smile at him as he walks towards the bus and right after that Liz comes back from talking to her uncle.

"How was your talk??"

"It was alright. The family was bitching all day and us missing the to get here didn't make anything easier and he needed to vent!!"

"What were they bitching about??"

"My aunt and my mom were fighting about something with furniture or something like that so, I didn't ask for any of the details and knowing my mom Ill be talking to her soon."

"Oh okay so, you're good??"

"Yep all good!! I asked him about our room too and we have it together and we will see him at practice tomorrow."

"Of course he looks for me when I'm not around!!!! Why me?!?!?!" She says that pretty loud which gets us a look from the people working at the arena and a few others. We make our way to the parking garage to the car to go back to the hotel. We check in, get our keys and head on up.

"Well, that wasn't a fun game to watch!!"

"No, it was was not but, they'll bounce back though. So, did you get to see Jordan?"

"I did!!! We hugged and I told him that you'll get them next time and we smiled at each other....and we hugged!!"

"Awe!!! You two are so cute!!" Elizabeth says eagerly.

"You know we are not together."

"Not yet!!! Plus, you said that Sid was looking for me too. I bet we go out on actual dates with the two of them sooner rather than later and we both know that's better than imagining it."

"That's true and I would love for us to go out with them soon."

"Well, lets head back to the room, get to bed and maybe wake up a little early to look cute for these guys so they really notice us and who knows we both might get dates after practice." Only after a few seconds of thinking about it, this might be a good opportunity for us to take advantage of.

"Alright, let's go!! I'm actually thinking about what I wanna wear already."

"Atta girl!!! That's what I like to hear."

We make our way to the parking garage to get in the car and get in the car to go back to the hotel and talk about tomorrow and how we're gonna get dates with our boys.

We wake up somewhat early the next morning to get ready to go to practice deciding on a black and gold outfit instead of a jersey again and going with black and gold makeup and bright jewelry. We both grab a bottle of water out of the fridge and making sure we have everything. We grab a bite of food since we have a little bit of time before going to the rink and as we're eating and I am getting a look from Liz and it seems that we have been spotted and I instantly have a small smile on my face. I turn my head to see the boys walking out the bus to go to practice and right away I see Jordan and Sid walking side by side and we're both smiling at each other. We say hi to the rest of the team and Coach Therrien comes over and offers us to ride on the team bus so we finish up our food and get ready to leave. We take two seats near the front by the coaches, so we don't mess up any players' superstitions and we notice that Sid and Jordan are sitting next to each other near the back which makes Elizabeth and I look at each other and giggle. Finally, after coach gets on the bus we are ready to leave!!! Fingers crossed to a good practice.
♠ ♠ ♠
Is anyone out there?? I would love some feedback!!! Questions, comments and suggestions and hopefully I'll have another update posted soon!!!! :)