Status: in progress!!

Taking Over

Savior

Rashel looked around the entrance to the tall building. No one. This would be perfect. She held her Zune and cell phone in each hand, ironically blasting Don’t Jump by Tokio Hotel in her ears. She was tired of this, of everything. She was ready to die. She quickly made a text message, selecting everyone in her contacts, and pressed “send” it read goodbye, I love you.
Within seconds her phone was buzzing, getting replies that she knew would either read “What?!” or “No, please don’t, we need you!!!”
She knew no one really needed her though, and as Rashel approached the roof, she gave up every hope she had ever had. She already left a note for her parents, so they would know why she did it. Not like they would care.
As she made it to the last flight of stairs, her phone began playing the song that only played for unknown numbers. Reluctantly, she picked up and heard a voice whisper “Don’t give up yet, sister!” Rashel jumped slightly.
“Who is this?!” she said harshly.
“A friend. My name is Samantha, und if you come up to zee roof, I can help you.” The girl, Samantha, spoke with a slight and very cute German accent.
Rashel froze up. Was this girl a stalker? How did she know Rashel? Rashel then shrugged. She wanted to die anyways, so why not just go with it. If the girl was a psycho-stalker, it would end faster. She spoke into the phone quietly. “I’m on my way.” Then she hung up. Her Zune blasted a song in her ears, Fallen Angels. It was from the newest album of her favorite band, the Black Veil Brides. She sang quietly to the band that had always given her hope and joy, and then opened the door to the roof.
On the roof was a small girl. She had mid-length black hair and a small smile that seemed to be permanently plastered to her face. She wore a short black skirt and a black tank top with “TOKIO HOTEL” in big blue letters. Rashel giggled at her shirt, because she was slightly obsessed with that band. But it was nowhere near how she was with BVB. Rashel walked forwards, cautiously, waiting for the girl to notice. Without really looking at her, Samantha spoke.
“Rashel, ve know who you are, und ve want to save you.” She giggled slightly. “I've always vanted to use that line!” Samantha bounced forwards and shook Rashel’s hand, grinning. Rashel let loose a small smile, finding it impossible to keep a blank face around this bubbly girl. Samantha spoke again.
“Ok, but seriously, ve, being ze band und its army, know who you are. Ve’ve been keeping track of you ever since you decided to join ze BVBArmy online. Those dogtags, ve have zem bugged.”
Rashel looked at her alarmed. So she was a stalker! Rashel tore off the tags that had come with her official BVBArmy kit. She had become obsessed quickly, and then begged her mom to let her join the website (bvbarmy. com) as soon as possible. Since she had gotten the tags, she refused to take them off unless she had to. She looked them over, but couldn’t see anything that she’d never seen on them. Samantha giggled quietly.
“Everyone does zat ven ve tell zem zay are bugged!” She took the tags from Rashel and poked a few places, seeming to know what she was doing. Suddenly, the tag that had the Black Veil Brides symbol on it opened up, and a quiet male voice asked “Name, please.”
Samantha rolled her eyes, “Anthony, it’s me! Recharge ze cards und prepare the jets!” the voice laughed.
“Ok Sammie girl. Everything will be set. How many you got?” Anthony and Samantha seemed to be friends.
“Not sure yet, we may have a few. Just charge it all.”
“Alrighty. See you soon, sister. Never give in, never back down.”
“Bis spater. Und when your life feels lost, fight against all odds.”
The device closed up, suddenly looking just like it had before. Samantha handed the tags back to Rashel, who giggled and asked “Sammie-girl?”
Samantha rolled her eyes and smiled. “Ve are all family in ze BVBArmy, und Anthony likes to tease me. I'm one of ze youngest ve have.” Rashel nodded. She had questions, but sensed she should wait until later. Samantha sighed heavily, looking tired. She turned to Rashel.
“Alright, so here's the deal, girl, you can either join ze BVBArmy, or you can go over zat ledge und never know vat may have happened.” To anyone else, it would have sounded like a threat. But Rashel knew what she meant. She could kill herself, or accept the help. Either way, there was no turning back. Rashel looked down at the phone in her hand that was still buzzing with messages from friends. She looked at Samantha, and nodded slightly.
Samantha clapped her hands and jumped up and down, looking scarily familiar….
“Ok! Vell, first things first, do you know any Bridesmaids or Ushers that we could recruit?” Rashel thought for a moment, and then nodded. She knew the perfect girl that needed saving, just like Rashel did.
“My best friend. She needs this. We were supposed to go together but…I couldn’t wait any longer.”
Samantha nodded, and handed Rashel her phone. “Call her. I'm going to get rid of your phone.”
Rashel paled. “Get rid of it?! That makes no sense!”
“Zay can track you. Hell I’d be surprised if ze preps hadn’t bugged it.” With that, she took off the back of the phone. Pressed against the battery was a large four-leaf clover in clear tape, which Rashel had always kept with her. Samantha handed her the clover, and the memory card from her phone, then took out a small screwdriver and poked at a few openings. The phone started to smoke, and then a cheery (and snobby-preppy) voice sang out “this device will, like self destruct in, like, ten seconds!” then it ended with a super-girly giggle. Samantha cursed quietly, and pulled out the phone’s battery. She then, to Rashel’s horror, threw the phone off the roof of the tallest building in the city. The battery went flying off the other side. 3…2…1…crack! The two devices made a popping-snapping type of explosion noise, and Rashel looked in horror as a car nearly got hit by the flying firecrackers.
Samantha giggled quietly to herself, but straightened up and poked Rashel’s shoulder.
“Zo, are you going to call your friend or do ve have to just go get her?”
Rashel jumped slightly. This was all too much…. Hidden conspiracies, teenager techgeeks, an impending war led by teenagers! It was insane! She knew she would end up going into shock or something, so she quickly dialed her best friend’s number and prayed she would pick up. She did.
“Hello…?” A sad voice answered.
“Hey, Rylee! Hun, I and a friend need to come over. It’s time for this to end.” The other line was quiet for a moment.
“End? Rashel have you lost it? I already told you, I can’t die just yet! I mean I still have that damn bucket list I'm committed to and-“
“No, no, Rylee, not die. Not yet. Look, Samantha and I need to come over. How long are you free?”
“Um… for like an hour. How close are you?”
Rashel looked around. She could just make out Rylee’s house from where they were standing, so she guessed it wasn’t too far. “About fifteen minutes. If that. See you then, open the window!”
“What? Fifteen? Rashel Raven Richards are you the idiots on top of the STAR building?!”
“Got to go, love you, bye!” Rashel hung up quickly. For some reason, no one seemed to have noticed the two girls sitting on top of the tallest building in the city, which the girls noticed as they peeked over the edge. Rashel shuddered. In all that was going on, she had forgotten her deathly fear of heights. The two girls walked to the roof door and began the descent of the endless staircase.
ooo000~time skip of ten minutes because authoress is lazy as fuck~000ooo
The two girls slipped into Rylee’s backyard. As told, her window was opened. Under the window there was a fence wall thing covered in ivy, like in all those cheesy romance movies. Rashel, used to sneaking into Rylee’s house, climbed quickly and slid into the window. Samantha grinned at Rashel when she looked out the window for her, then jumped about a third of the way up the fencing. She launched herself up to the windowsill then swung herself in, almost in one motion. Rashel couldn’t resist the urge to clap, and Rylee stumbled out of the hallway at the noise.
“Rashel?!” she asked in shock. “I guess you were closer than you thought!”
Samantha didn’t want to waste any time, so she bounced forwards to shake Rylee’s hand. “My name is Samantha, und we are here to ask you to come with us. Ve are in ze BVBArmy, und need more recruits. Ve can explain more on ze vay. Are you coming or not?”
Rylee looked in shock at the small girl, and then turned to her best friend who was nodding so hard Rylee was scared her head would fall off. Rylee was scared, but trusted Rashel, so she nodded slightly. She grabbed her kitty cat purse (it was a black cat with straps on it so she could wear it like a backpack) and walked towards them. Samantha looked at Rylee’s bag, and then realized Rashel was wearing a similar one, except hers was a panda. The girls noticed her confusion, so they explained.
“My animal is a cat” Rashel started.
“While mine is a panda!” came next from Rylee.
“So one day we saw these-“
“And had to get them, for each other,”
“So we would always know-“
They finished together- “That we’re sisters!”
The two hugged each other with a giggle and Samantha just smiled bigger.
“Vell, let’s go then.” Samantha looked around the room. “Rylee, you need to write a suicide note. Everyone must think you are dead.” She pulled a little glass vial out of her pocket. “We’ll put zis on it, to look like blood. Vould people believe you killed yourself?”
Rylee looked sad, but nodded, writing her note. “Same as for Rashel, everyone knows it’s coming. There’s no avoiding it.”
Samantha, on an impulse, bounded forwards and hugged both girls. They hugged back, and the three stayed like that for a moment before breaking apart. Rashel and Rylee wiped their eyes and adjusted their bags, then Samantha, Rashel, and Rylee walked out the front door together.
ooo000~another time skip because the three girls walking to the mall is boooring~000ooo
“So, if I give you my phone, you're going to make it blow up, and then I won’t have a phone?” Rylee had accepted everything that Samantha and Rashel had told her, but the thought of losing her phone made the textaholic twitchy.
“Ja. If ve don’t, ze Preps may track us to ze base. Zis is unacceptable. So, ja. Your phone must go.” Samantha poked the same places on Rylee’s phone that she had on Rashel’s, and they heard that annoying voice tell them it was going to blow up. Samantha threw the phone and it fell in a metal trash can, causing the contents to catch fire after the signature snap!
“Ahh, Ich never get tired of zat!” Samantha’s two companions had gotten used to her broken English. They had learned that Samantha was really from America, and German was her second language, but when she learned to speak it she used the accent so much that it just stuck.
“Ok, so I just realized that Rylee and I have no clothes or anything!” Rashel looked a little freaked out. Samantha smiled, and handed each girl a shiny plastic card.
“On each of these is $600. One hundred is for things like hair dyes, tattoos, und piercings. Ze other five hundred is for clothing und accessories.” Rashel and Rylee looked at each other in shock. They knew exactly where they were going shopping. As though they were all of one mind, the three girls squealed out
“Shopping spree!”
000ooo~at hot topic! ~ooo000
The two girls were just about done in Hot Topic, and were still nowhere near the limit. They had hair dye, some trippy colored piercings for what they were planning on getting later, and lots of gothic/emo clothing. Rylee had grabbed a hat with kitty ears and stuck it on Rashel’s head, so Rashel did the same with a panda when Rylee walked by her. They ended up getting the hats, along with fingerless gloves, a few chokers, and Rylee grabbed a neon rainbow studded belt.
They walked around the mall, Samantha pointing out a few food places, which made the girls realize how hungry they were. They all stopped at a Burger King and Rashel ordered a veggie burger. When Samantha gave her a questioning look, Rylee explained that Rashel was a vegetarian. This led to some light joking and banter about her. Rashel smiled at it all though, used to the teasing.
000ooo~ piercing shop ~ooo000
Rashel paled at the large needles the worker was approaching her with. She was terrified of needles. Rylee was sitting next to her, another worker doing the piercings on her. Samantha was laughing at Rashel as she tried not to squirm in the chair. She finally stayed still long enough to get them done.
Rashel ended up with snakebites, four new holes in each ear, her tongue, and her left eyebrow. Rylee got a labret, her nose, tongue, and her right eyebrow. She already had three in each ear, so she didn’t feel like she needed more.
Samantha, from her joining a few years back, had a labret, her nose, and two in each ear.
Dying their hair was a totally different experience. Samantha walked them to the nearest hotel and talked to a boy that looked suspiciously similar to someone who would join BVBArmy. He handed Samantha a card and she kissed his cheek then walked back to the confused Rashel and Rylee. She smiled at them.
“He is one of ze people ve have on the ‘inside’ of things. Ve have many people everywhere. Ve vill stay here for ze night, and then go to ze base later. Lezzgo!” Samantha skipped to the nearest elevator and pushed the button. As the girls walked in it, Rylee screamed out “I wanna push the button!” Samantha and Rashel laughed, but Samantha pointed to the fifth floor button.
“Zat one then.” Rylee squealed like a little kid and poked the button.
The hotel room was huge. It was a suite, with its own mini kitchen and living room. There were two beds, and Rylee and Rashel knew they would end up sharing. Samantha clapped her hands when they investigated the bathroom.
“Ve vill need to work on hair next, then. Rashel, Rylee, which of you vill go first?”
The two looked at each other, seeming to know what the other was thinking. They turned to Samantha and in perfect sync said “Rylee.”
Samantha shook her head at the girls, wondering if they really were lost twins…like another pair of twins she knew…. She shook her head. No fangasming allowed right now. She pulled Rylee towards the bathroom, hair dye in hand.
Three hours and a lot of chemicals later….
Rylee looked very different than she did when she woke up that morning. Rashel did too. Rylee had dyed her entire head pink, with blue tips and one purple streak in her bangs. Rashel had dyed hers purple, with red tips and one pink streak in her bangs. Rashel hated pink, but she and Rylee agreed that they needed something more of each other that would never leave them.
So now, coupled with the piercings, the two girls were totally different. After learning that there was a tattoo artist at the base, they decided to hold off on the tattoos for a while.
They needed to get up fairly early to catch their plane, as Samantha said, so they decided to relax and listen to some music before bed. What better band to listen to than the one you devoted your life to? So they put on Black Veil Brides. Rashel smiled at Samantha, and then picked up her Zune and the speakers that Samantha had. She plugged it into them and pushed play on a song.
“Samantha, this song I will forever say is from you to me. You saved me today.”
The three listened to the music that lulled them all to a peaceful sleep…
I never meant to be the one
Who kept you from the dark.
But now I know my wounds are sewn
Because of who you are.
I will take this burden on
And become the holy one.
But remember I am human
And I'm bound to sing this song.
So hear my voice, remind you not to bleed.
I am here.
Savior, will be there,
When you are feeling alone, oh
A savior, for all that you do.
So you live freely without their harm.
So here I write my lullaby to all the lonely ones.
Remember as you learn to try to be the one you love.
So I can take this pen, and teach you how to live,
What is left unsaid,
The greatest gift I give.
So hear my voice, remind you not to bleed,
I am here.
Savior, will be there,
When you are feeling alone, oh
A savior, for all that you do.
So you live freely without their harm.
I am here.
Savior, will be there,
When you are feeling alone, oh
A savior, for all that you do.
So you live freely without their harm.
When I hear your cries, praying for life,
I will be there.
When I hear your cries praying for life,
I will be there!
I will be there!
I will always be there!
I will be there!
♠ ♠ ♠
Author’s note time!!! Ok everyone, so this is something I got the idea for while talking on the phone to Samantha. So, it’s a takeover story, and a more serious and much longer version of the “memo” that was sent to the BVB in my one-shot, TO THE BLACK VEIL BRIDES. That was just crack, but this is a what if. I'll post that too :) Like, what if that really happened, and the BVBArmy did get organized? So here ya go. Some feedback would be nice. I know it may seem a little rushed, but I don’t have much time to write and I'm trying to work on my other fics. So yes, new fic, please please please review. I need to know if this is pointless bullshit or not. I have the whole thing written already up to chapter 8, so if it just so happens that I don’t update for a while, its because I’m either lazy, busy, or have no internet. Oh and this’ll be the longest author’s note I'm gonna put on here, because it’s just stuff that must be said.
DISCLAIMER! I do not own BVB, their record company, or anything of theirs. I have a shirt. That I hugged CC while wearing heehee. Ahem. So yeah, I guess I own Rashel because she’s me, but my bff Miranda owns Rylee, and Samantha owns Samantha. Oh and Anthony owns Anthony. A few OC’s will appear later, so I’ll point them out. Because I own them too. But since they make me no money, I claim them not!
Rashel: ugh well, glad to see I'm fucking loved :P
Alex: eh at least you’re a main! I wouldn’t be surprised if I die because of her!
Me: ahahaha Alex you silly goose… I won’t kill you. Just horribly maim. You aren’t even in here yet! Fuck of! So yeah, have fun, me own none.
Lovelovelovelove
~Myriad~