Chelsea Horror Hotel

In the last hours of the night of October 11, 1978 or wee hours of the morning of October 12, 1978, 20-year-old Nancy Spungen was stabbed in the abdomen by her 21-year-old boyfriend, Sid Vicious, the bass player for the controversial British punk rock band The Sex Pistols. and bled to death on the bathroom floor of the shabby hotel room she and Sid were living in - Room 100 of the Hotel Chelsea (AKA Chelsea Hotel) in Manhattan, New York. Sid died of a heroin overdose a few months after Nancy died. Some say it was an accident and others say it was suicide, but no one knows for sure if the overdose was accidental or intentional.

Almost twenty years later, on the weekend of Friday August 8, 2008, through Sunday, August 10, 2008, I, Rachel Renee Pritchard (I am Mike Dirnt's niece, by the way, but we're not blood relatives, since Uncle Mike was adopted, and I'm his adoptive mom's sister's daughter, or, in other words, I'm his adoptive aunt's daughter) am staying in what used to be Room 100 of the Chelsea Hotel. A few years back, they knocked out a wall of Room 100, so it's now like two rooms, and the number on the door is no longer 100, but 117. Other than it being bigger than before, and it now being called Room 117 rather than Room 100, and it is a lot cleaner and the furniture is nicer and everything, not much has changed about the room since Sid and Nancy stayed here back in '78. Not even the residents.
  1. Prologue
    Introduction
  2. Friday, August 8, 2008 (Part 1, Day 1)
    Me and Uncle Mike's first impressions of Room 100/117 of the Chelsea Hotel.