Sequel: Collide

Her Monologue

T E N.

The morning came all too quickly for my liking I woke when I smelt the strong scent of perfume, coffee and what I guessed was honey. I sat up and rubbed my eye for a few brief seconds I was upset I wasn’t in the bed back at the clubhouse. I walked into the kitchen and smiled seeing the little old lady. “Good morning Deary.” She said noticing me as I walked into the kitchen, “Good morning Emily.” I said sweetly sitting next to the old lady I saw the extra cup of coffee already on the table, “For Henry?” I asked she shook her head pushing it to me, “For you.” I never was much of a coffee fan but I still drank it anyways out of respect for this lady who put me up in her home for the night.

“Alright dear, you want to hear the story?” She asked me as I nodded, “Good because I’m going to tell you.” The lady held her cup of coffee in her shaking hands I watched her closely. “I was only a young lady at the ripe age of 13 when I met an unforgiving fate that was handed to me. My brother Johnathan who was fighting in the wars was killed this sent my family into a deep dark depression.” She said I studied her face as she thought back on what she was trying to tell me. “My parents were upset they send me to live with my aunt and uncle in a very little town of Abrin, New Mexico.” I smiled a little at her. “I lived there until I was 18 then I would make the journey back here to this house, I stopped along the way at many places. To see the sights I missed out on when I was a young lady. As I reached California my car broke down on me and I was forced to spend three days in a small town of Charming,” I looked at her as my face became straight I leaned in. “Henry was a mechanic at the shop, he was a charming young man. He really did fit the town.”

I hung on every word this old lady was saying, “I spent three days with this young man, I didn’t understand at the time why I had opened up to this new man the way I had.” She said as she took a sip of her coffee and cleared her voice. “I sat with him one night at a local Diner called Sadie’s,” I smiled a little remembering the name from the place Jax had taken me. “I told him everything about me, my name where I was from. Why I was leaving Abrin. I even told him some secrets about my family that nobody knew.” I watched her closer. “When the three days were up and my car was all fix, I got in it and drove away.” My heart sunk hearing that I swallowed the lump in my throat.

“I didn’t think I’d ever want to go back to that Town,” Emily said recalling, “As I left the town behind me I made it back here to home,” she smiled sweetly at me, “I didn’t last here long before I turned and went back to Charming. I realized the reason I opened up to Henry is because I was his soul mate, we were destined to be together. I was the daughter of a preacher he was a mechanic in a small town.” I smiled at her and sighed quietly. “I married henry after only a month of being in charming full time, we had our three sons and our little daughter,” She said fondly as she recalled I smiled at her. “My henry passed away last year, I stayed in charming for three months after he passed just to feel close to him, and then I moved back here into my childhood home.” She looked around us I looked around. “My point is, I found the love of my life in a small town, and sometimes they’re not as bad as you would think my dear.”

I looked at her and cleared my throat, “Would your story still work if Henry was a biker in an Outlaw MC and you were the daughter of a murder?” I asked looking at her seriously I felt her hand on my forearm. “If you love someone your past means nothing to that person, only your future matters.” Emily teared up and stood picking up a picture frame handing it to me I looked at it seeing Henry and her at a young age, “Wow, you didn’t look like a preachers daughter and he…” I looked at her, “What were your son’s names?”

Emily smiled widely, “My oldest was Nathanial, Middle was Thomas, Youngest was John.” I stared at the picture of Henry looking at Emily, “John Teller?” She smiled widely. “Yes, my youngest was laid to rest before his father. A tragic accident took his life on the high way you just drove into town on. My grandchildren Jackson and Thomas were left without a father but their mother Gemma sure did take great care of them.” She trailed off I watched her and frowned as I knew I had lost this old woman in her memories, I set the picture back where it belonged I set down a few dollars on the table and walked out to my car I got in and started it I backed out of the drive.

When that fork in the road came into vision I looked at it the sign said Left to Charming or Right to Dixon county. I inhaled deeply as I turned the steering wheel left I think it was my time for a happy ending only time will tell if that ending was to be met in charming.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'd love to thank all of the commenters and subscribers. You all mean a lot to me thank you for your support. I'd have to give a special thanks to the three who inspired me to write the most.

Jackson Teller;, White Line Fever;, and Sugarplum.

Keep an eye out for the sequel to find out what happens.