Status: In progress

I Need Your Love

If you do not love me I shall not be loved If I do not love you I shall not love

-Carolina:
Twenty. By that age you finally pass through childhood and officially become an adult. With being an adult, there's all this responsibility and expectations from others. You're supposed to have a job, an apartment, be on your way to a full university degree and start planning your family. Me and my brother turned twenty just yesterday, he's been all excited, but I feel panicked, I don't want to face the world and it's expectations yet, I don't know what I want to be, I don't have a job and I'm in no way planning a family yet. I feel like I need time to find myself, to stop time for a minute and rewind, see what's really happened during my life.

Eddie and I are twins. Fraternal. We were adopted from some place in South America by our family when we were little. I remember when mom told us, it was two years ago. Far too late if you ask me. Eddie was shocked and angry, I just didn't say anything. Like I always do, whenever something happens I pour it into myself, not letting people see. That's one of many things that I don't have in common with my brother. We're completely different, he's spontaneous, reckless, fun, athletic and emotional, whilst I'm boring, selfless, clumsy and carry this wall around me, afraid of getting hurt.

We don't only have different personalities, we also look very different. In fact, people often think we're joking when we say that we're fraternal twins. He's tall and broad, with bright blue eyes and light brown hair, whilst I'm short and curvy, with deep brown eyes and dark brown, almost black, thick long hair. If it weren't for the fact that my parents were there for the birth with my biological mother, I'd say people are right, we're way too different to be twins.

"Carolina??, why are you taking so long, I need to piss!" Eddie yelled through the door and knocked violently. I sighed and took one last look at my reflection, before opening the door and heading out of the bathroom. I smiled slightly at Eddie and punched his arm playfully.

"Stop being a jerk Eduardo." I said, knowing that he hated being called by his full name. He just cursed at me before heading into the bathroom and locking the door. I shook my head and went to the kitchen, smelling mom's breakfast. I smiled at her as I made my way to the table, where she had made blueberry pancakes.

"This is amazing mami, but you know we're capable to fix breakfast ourselves, you need to rest, you don't have to do everything around here." I said softly and she smiled at me.

"Oh you know I love to cook, besides if I don't prepare breakfast for you, then you'll skip it and I don't want you to go hungry, sweetie." she said and I went up and hugged her tightly.

"I love you." I whispered and she hugged me tighter.

"I love you too sweetie, now eat before your breakfast gets cold, I need to go and wake your dad up." she said and I laughed lightly, dad was never a morning person, so he took long to get up, causing him to get late for his job countless times. I loved my parents more than anything, but sometimes I felt lost, almost as if I needed to find my real family, to ask them why they didn't want us. Throughout our childhood, me and Eddie have been called abnormal and some other names, in school just because we don't look like our parents. That hurt both me and Eddie, but he distracted himself with football, whilst I never really grew from it. This started when we were about four, and Eddie's been playing football every since, he loves it and spends most his time with his team and practice, but there are times when he just disappears to play football alone. And that's when I know he's hurt by something or someone, he uses football as therapy. I however, just keep it in me, no matter how hurt I feel, I never let anyone know.

Yet another thing to add to the pile of the things me and Eddie don't have in common, is football or sports in general. He loves watching, playing, talking and even betting about football and most other sports. I however don't like it at all, I find it being ridiculous to see grown men chase after a ball, it's way too time consuming to fit my life. And so is any other sport as well. I just like to watch movies and tv-shows.

"Good morning babygirl, how are you feeling today?" Dad said, breaking me out of my thinking, as he ruffled my hair playfully. I grimaced as he ruined my hair, but laughed nonetheless.

"I'm ok, how about you dad?, I'm surprised you actually woke up in time." I said and he smirked.

"You're lovely mother found a perfect way to wake me up this morning, so it was more than easy." he said as mom blushed. I groaned and stuck my tongue out.

"Eww, PDA that's just disgusting you guys!" I said and they both laughed. We spoke a bit more until Eddie decided to grace us with his presence.

"Well hello prince charming, so you finally decided to join us?" I teased and he just rolled his eyes before smiling brightly.

"You won't believe what's happened!" he said excitedly and I raised an eyebrow.

"Well I certainly won't believe it if you don't say what it is." I teased him yet again and he just sighed loudly before ruffling my hair. He was about one minute older than me, and he never lets me forget it.

"There's going to be a scout from FC Barcelona at our next game, and my coach has recommended me!" he said, smiling widely and mom and dad gasped, before embracing him tightly.

"Congratulations son, you deserve it!" dad said and smiled proudly at Eddie, mom was wiping tears away by now.

"I'm so proud of you, I know how much this means to you, and know that we're all supportive of you no matter what happens." mom said and hugged him tightly. Eventually Eddie turned to me, looking at me expectantly, he knew I hated football. I just smiled before hugging him as well.

"Although I don't like football, I'm proud of you Eddie, you're gifted when it comes to playing and no matter what I only care about your happiness, and if this makes you happy, then I'm all for it!" I said and he smiled widely before kissing my cheek. We spent the rest of the day, chattering about Eddie's next game, and I promised him I'd be there. Eventually night came and we all went to sleep. Eddie grabbed my hand as I was about to open the door to my room, and turned me around.

"Are you sure you're ok with this?" He asked me and I just smiled at him. Whatever we did, we always made sure it was ok for both of us, I guess it's a twin thing.

"Yes, this is your dream Eddie, and I'm happy to see you fulfill it." I said and he smiled.

"Good night then sis." he said and winked before moving to his room.

"Night Eddie." I whispered and smiled before walking into my room and plopping down on my bed, braiding my hair. Suddenly it struck me. If Eddie got signed by Barcelona, he'd have to move all the way to Spain, leaving me here alone. Even though I was happy for his sake, I was scared of being left entirely alone, yes I had my parents and they were great, but it's different with Eddie, he understands what I'm going through, and without him here, I'm afraid I'll drown in my worries. I sighed and shook my head, nothing was planned yet, and I could handle myself, I wouldn't let Eddie ruin his dream because of me,I wouldn't.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 1.

Alright so I've been thinking about publishing this story for about a week now, and now I'd thought I'd go for it, and we'll just see what happens with this, it might be something and it might now :)

With updates, it's the same for this story as it is for Half a Heart, I have tons of homework at the minute, and I'll update whenever I can, but I'm not sure about how it'll be. Bear with me please :)

Also, please comment and tell me what you think, your comments really motivates me to write more :)

Happy reading!
xxx