Status: In progress

I Need Your Love

Love can sometimes be magic. But magic can sometimes... just be an illusion

- Carolina:
It had been about five minutes since the woman had announced who she was, and I still hadn't answered. I guess this was shock. I shook my head and cleared my throat, letting her know that I didn't hang up, there were loads of emotions going through me at the moment, and I didn't know how to react. Leo was staring at me, concern written all over his face. He rubbed my shoulder and whispered soothing words in my ear. Eventually I sighed and took a deep breath.

"Why are you calling?" I asked stiffly, really not feeling comfortable.

"Me and your father have been looking for you and your brother for years, we regretted what we did as soon as we signed the contract, you're parents never said anything about where they were taking you, leaving us with nothing but your names." she said and I frowned, my parents would never do that, or would they?

"With all respect, I don't think my parents would do that, the question is why you even gave us up, I don't think this is going to make a difference Mrs Alvarez, simply because my brother doesn't want anything to do with you, and I don't do anything without my brother." I said and she sighed.

"I know you probably won't trust me, all I'm asking for is to see you again, to be able to see my babies one more time, please just consider this." she pleaded and I just sighed, this was so difficult.

"I'll talk with my brother and see what he says, but I'm not promising anything, the least you could do is give me an address, at least that way I know you're real." I said and she agreed.

"We're in Rosario, Argentina, if you ever want to visit, just give me a call and we'll be there to pick you up from the airport." she said and I agreed, we hung up soon after that and I just closed my eyes taking a deep breath.

"What happened mi amor?" Leo asked and I just sighed, leaning my head on his shoulder.

"That was my biological mom." I whispered and he gasped, wrapping his arms around me tightly.

"How are you feeling nena?" he whispered, kissing my neck.

"I'm so confused, why did it take twenty years before she thought about picking up the phone and call?" I asked, tears going down my face. Leo just wiped my tears away, hugging me tightly.

"I understand amor, do you want to call your brother?" he asked and just a minute later my phone called and it was Eddie. I answered, sniffling slightly.

"Caro?, Are you ok?." he said as soon as I answered and I just broke down completely, Leo held me tighter and Eddie growled.

"I had a feeling you weren't ok, what happened, if it's Leo I swear to god-" he said but I broke him off.

"It's not Leo Eddie." I said and he sighed.

"Then who's got you crying so hard, it's been a long while since I've seen or heard you cry." he said and I sighed.

"Our biological mother called, and I'm just so confused." I said and he growled again.

"What did she want?" he said coldly and I frowned when I realized that Thiago was looking at me, pouting, his eyes filled with tears, I gave Leo my phone, before grabbing Thiago, who burst into tears as soon as he was in my arms. I gestured to Leo to talk to Eddie whilst I calmed Thiago down.

"Shhh mi amor, yo estoy aquí, no llores Thiagui, te amo, papá te ama y los dos estamos aquí, no vamos a ir a ninguna parte." I whispered and kissed his forehead. Eventually he stopped crying, but held on to me tight. I had a feeling that me crying, brought up memories from Antonella leaving. I plopped back on the couch, with Thiago laying against my chest, and grabbed the phone from Leo.

"Sorry, had to be there for Thiago, but I'm back now." I said and Eddie sighed.

"I think we should meet up with them, let them explain, and besides, we both need some closure as well." he said and I agreed.

"She said that they live in Rosario, and I think Leo's family's from there and maybe it'll be better if Leo's with us?" I asked and Leo raised an eyebrow as I mentioned Rosario.

"You're right, I'll book the tickets, and tell Leo it's on me, I'll call you back and tell you when we're going." he said and I nodded.

"Be careful Caro, I love you." he said and I smiled.

"I love you too Eddie, and you be careful as well." I said and we hung up soon after.

"Do they live in Rosario?" Leo asked, playing with Thiago's feet, making him laugh.

"Yes." I answered, running my hand through Thiago's hair.

"Then my family might know them, Rosario's not a big place." he said and I nodded. I told him about the trip and he agreed to go. We spent the rest of the day, just cuddling and watching a movie, spending time together. I was extremely worried about meeting my biological parents, and I wasn't looking forward to it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 12.

Thanks to Ladyfiaran and Jayme112234 for the comments.

Happy reading!
xxx