Status: In progress

I Need Your Love

To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance

- Carolina:
It had been an hour since I stormed out the café and I had been strolling around the street, ignoring everyone calling me, even Leo. I needed to be by myself for a while, to sort things out. Eventually I realized that I was lost, and groaned before spotting a bench, making my way towards it and sitting down. I ran a hand through my hair, going through what had happened. I couldn't believe that Eddie had seemed to accept their explanation, and that Leo took their side. I understood that he trusted them, but I didn't. I think I had a fair reason to trust my parents more. I sighed as my phone rang again and I hit ignore. The more I thought about it, the more I realized that coming here was a mistake, I would never get closure, instead this just added to the confusion and miserableness.

"There she is!, Leo, I've found her!" I heard Eddie's voice and I groaned, getting up from the bench and walking away. I felt someone run up behind me and grab my arm, turning me around.

"Why did you walk away?, you could have been lost!" Eddie said and I rolled my eyes.

"I'm fine, I just needed to be alone for a while." I said, as Leo walked over to us, wrapping his arms around me.

"I'm glad your fine amor, I know this is difficult, but I called my parents over, maybe they can help you sort things out." he said and I sighed before nodding.

"I just find it difficult to trust them, I know you trust them Leo, but you have to realize how difficult this is." I said and he nodded.

"I know querida, but I think you should let them explain, and then decide on what you want to do." he said and I sighed before nodding. We went back over to the café, where I spotted Elena and Alejandro along with another couple, which I figured would be Leo's parents. They smiled when they saw me and I forced a smile on my face, Thiago, who was in his grandma's lap, immediately reached his hands out when he saw me and I smiled, grabbing him, kissing his cheek before placing him on my lap.Leo cleared his throat.

"Mami, papá this is my beautiful girlfriend, Carolina." Leo said, introducing me to his parents.

"Hi, it's amazing to finally meet you." I said to Leo's parents, who nodded at me. I knew they were both big fans of Antonella, so that had me worried. Leo wrapped his arms around me and kissed my cheek.

"It's nice to meet you as well,I'm Celia, last time I saw you, you were a baby." Celia said and I raised an eyebrow. So they had met me and Eddie when we were babies. Then why did my parents say that we didn't have any family or friends over for the birth, and that they just gave us away without any sort of fight.

"My parents said that there were no one around when Elena gave birth to us, that it was only them and Elena, and then Elena signed the papers and gave us over, without any fight." I said and they frowned at me.

"We were all over for the birth, even Elena's parents, and we spent a day with you and your brother, and then when we came back, you were gone." Jorge, Leo's dad, said.

"But that doesn't make sense, why would our parents lie to us?" Eddie said and I nodded.

"I don't know, but it might have been so the could keep you, or that they'd had a deal with Elena's parents." Celia said and I frowned. So there was a possibility that our parents truly didn't love us, only adopted us because of a deal with Elena's parents.

"This is a lot to take in, I'm not saying I don't believe you, it's just overwhelming, I hope you understand that I need some time to melt this down." I said and they nodded.

"That's understandable, I just want you to keep your options open, because now that we've found you, we're not letting you go that easy." Alejandro said and I nodded.

"Seems fair enough." Eddie said and I breathed out in relief. We left the café after that, going home with Leo's parents. I needed time to think, and I'd call mom and dad, confronting them about this, maybe that way I could fix this.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 15

Thanks to Ladyfiaran and Jayme112234 for the comments.

Happy reading.
xxx