Status: In progress

I Need Your Love

All my life, my heart has yearned for a thing I cannot name

-Carolina:
It's been a couple of days since Eddie told us about the scout, and he's barely been home since he's been busy with practice, he's spending all his time practicing, he really wants to be signed. I've spent the last couple of days looking for work, since I still haven't applied for uni, I need a job. But for some reason, no one seems to want me. It's the same answer everywhere, "I'll call you back." I sighed and went out of my room, a couple of weeks ago my boyfriend of two years broke it off, deciding that he suddenly didn't feel anything for me anymore. I wish it was the same for me, but of course it isn't. It's been about a month, and it still hurts, it seems as if like everything in my life is falling apart. Nothing seems to work anymore. I walked into the living room and plopped down on the couch next to Eddie.

"How are you sis?, you seem down" he asked as he wrapped his arms around me and I sighed, leaning my head on his shoulder. Eddie was the only one, except mom, that I could trust with everything.

"It feels as if like everything's falling apart, David broke up with me, no one wants to give me a job and I'm still undecided about un!" I said, feeling frustrated and hopeless.

"First of all, David was a jerk, and if I ever see him again, I'll rearrange his face, and you'll get a job eventually sissy, it's just difficult in the beginning, and lastly it's ok to be undecided, let things unfold the way they're supposed to and relax." he said and I just nodded.

"You know you'll need to work on your spanish if you're getting signed by Fc Barcelona, barely anyone knows english over there." I teased and he groaned. Whilst I had chosen to pick spanish throughout school, he'd picked german. So I was fluent in spanish and he in german, and now it was coming back to bite him.

"Don't remind me, but I'll have you to help me ,right?" he asked and I smiled.

"Always Eddie, you just give me a call and I'll be over as soon as I can." I said and he smiled, before kissing my forehead gently.

"You know, you're only about a minute older than me, stop acting as if you're ten years older." I said and he laughed loudly.

"A minute is a minute sissy, I need to brag about it, besides someone has to protect you." he said and I rolled my eyes, suddenly I spotted something on his arm and gasped.

"Eduardo Juan Alvarez, did you get a tattoo without consulting with me?" I asked him and he gulped.

"Carolina Elena Alvarez, yes I did and it was supposed to be a surprise, and I thought you might want to get a matching one." he said and I rolled my eyes before grabbing his left arm and examining the tattoo. It had my date of birth, with roses around it and an infinity sign along with a heart. I smiled at him before hugging him tightly.

"It's beautiful Eddie, and I'd love to get a matching one, just name the time and place." I said and he smiled.

"Promise me that if I get signed, you'll come visit me in Barcelona for my first game, then we can go get your tattoo over there." he said and I smiled.

"I might hate football Eddie, but I wouldn't miss your first game for the world, it's a deal." I said and he smiled. We spent the rest of the afternoon just talking and watching tv.

The next day it was time for Eddie's, hopefully last, game with the swedish football club Hammarby, hopefully by tonight he'd be signed to Barcelona. I shook my head as I put on the jersey Eddie had handed me with his number on, Eddie had played football for years, yet this was the first game I ever saw. I really didn't like football, and the only reason I was going today was because of Eddie's big moment. As I put on the green and white jersey of Hammarby, I frowned at how much my life would change without Eddie here. I knew he'd be signed tonight, he's really talented, and honestly they'd be crazy not to sign him. I shook my head and put a smile on as I left my room, I needed to be happy for Eddie, he deserved this.

We arrived at the stadium and I followed Eddie to the dressing room.

"Good luck Eddie, they'll be crazy if they don't sign you." I whispered as I hugged him tightly.

"Thanks sissy, I just hope there'll be time for me to score, just to make an impression." he said and I raised an eyebrow.

"You'll do amazing Eddie, just play the way you always do, with passion and remember it's just for fun." I told him and he smiled before hugging me again.

"Good luck again Eddie, and remember to have fun!" I told him as I left the dressing room and he smiled.

"Thanks, now don't trip up the stairs of the bleachers sissy, love you!" he said and I rolled my eyes.

"Love you too." I said and finally left the dressing room. I made my way up the stairs carefully, and joined my parents at the bleachers, they were both decked in green and white, I just shook my head and took a seat next to mom. She smiled and kissed my cheek.

"How are you sweetheart?" she asked me and I smiled.

"I'm ok mom, just a bit nervous for him, I know how much this means for him." I said and she nodded.

"He'll do amazing, and we'll be there no matter what." she said and I nodded. The game started and I bit my lip as I spotted Eddie. I watched as he focused entirely on the game and chased the ball, after focusing on him for a while, I got bored and decided to look around the pitch. As I scanned the crowds, I spotted a man in a fancy shirt and a Barcelona cap. Gee he must be the scout, I thought. The game went on without goals and I could see that it affected Eddie, he was now running his hand through his hair, that always meant that he was frustrated.

This went on for a few minutes until Eddie suddenly got a hold of the ball and dribbled it across the pitch, avoiding every player of the opposite team, my eyes followed him as he ran fast with the ball and eventually kicked it right into the net, as the ball hit the net, I got up and cheered loudly, along with my parents and the rest of the Hammarby fans. Eddie ran across the field, pointing his fingers to the sky, like every other player did, before getting embraced by his team. I spotted the scout, taking some notes before getting up and walking across the pitch, towards Eddie and the rest. I smiled slightly, I knew he'd do it.

"What a game!, I'm so proud of him!" Dad said and smiled as we walked out of the stadium, heading to the car. I smiled widely and nodded.

"Yeah, I have to admit that it was pretty great." I said and mom and dad laughed.

"I MADE IT, THEY SIGNED ME, I'M OFFICIALLY PLAYING FOR BARCA!!!!" we heard Eddie yell and I winced before turning around, getting attacked by Eddie who spinned me around. I laughed before hitting his shoulder, indicating that I wanted him to put me down.

"I told you you'd make it, I'm proud of you!" I said and he smiled, kissing my cheek and moving on to mom, who had tears in her eyes and I watched as he hugged her tightly, then did the same with dad. We got into the car, and the entire way home, Eddie kept talking about the match, and Barcelona and all the players he now had on his team. I just shook my head and smiled, if Eddie was happy, then I was happy as well. His happiness mattered more than mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 2!

So he got signed! How do you think Carolina will handle living alone without her twin brother?

Please comment/subscribe, keeps me motivated :)

Happy reading!
xxx