Status: In progress

I Need Your Love

Faith makes all things possible... love makes all things easy

- Carolina:
I ended up staying at Shakira's, and Leo still hadn't made an appearance. I started to think that maybe this was the end for us. I had also been an emotional wreck, I couldn't seem to stop crying and parting from Leo was one of the hardest things I've ever done. I sniffed and wiped my eyes, going to the bathroom and wincing at my reflection. My eyes were red and swollen, my hair a tangled mess and I still had remainder makeup on my face, mascara tints running down my cheek.

"Hey chica, how are you feeling?" Shakira asked as I made my way into the kitchen.

"Like shit, I miss him and Thiago, Shakira." I said, covering my face and sniffling, just the thought of them made me cry.

"I know you do." she said softly, rubbing my back gently.

"Do you think I overreacted?" I whispered and she shook her head.

"He was being a jerk Caro, Eddie's your brother and he shouldn't have made you choose between him and Eddie, he just needs to get off his high chair and realize that what he did was wrong." she said and I just shook my head.

"I don't think he's coming back, Shak." I said and she frowned.

"What makes you think that?" she said softly.

"I know him, if he wanted us back together, he'd be on his way here the same night, talking it over and working it out." I said and she frowned.

"Well if he doesn't, then he's an idiot, he will never find someone like you, you're it for each other, and if he don't realize that, then he doesn't deserve you." she said and I frowned before breaking down again.

"I don't think he'll show up, as a matter of fact I think I'll have a letter over soon, with him wanting me to give up my rights to Thiago." I said, my silent crying turning into sobbing.

"Shhh, it'll be fine Caro, you have me, Gerard and Eddie on your side, we won't let him hurt you more than he's already done." she said and I raised an eyebrow in the middle of crying.

"Why would Gerard do that?, isn't Leo his best friend?" I asked and she shook her head.

"He's seen and heard you break down, and he doesn't like it, and don't forget that he's good friends with Eddie as well, he doesn't like what Leo's done." she said and I smiled slightly.

"Thank you for being here, I wasn't sure where I would go, Eddie doesn't need me being a burden now that he's got his head wrapped around the whole issue with Maria Sol." I said and she nodded.

"There's nothing you need to thank me for, we're friends and that's what friends are for." she said and I smiled. I spent the rest of the day moping but feeling slightly better, almost preparing myself for what I felt was happening. The day went by and it was another no show from Leo, and this time I embraced. I knew it was over, he probably just didn't want to tell me. Around 8pm I got a call and I raised an eyebrow when I saw it was Leo. I answered and swallowed thickly.

"Hola?" I answered, my voice all raspy from the crying.

"Hola." he said with no emotion what so ever.

"I just called to say that Maria Sol is keeping the baby, she wanted me to tell you, so you could tell Eddie." he said and my eyes widened and my blood boiled. I was fuming, how could he treat me like that?

"Well thanks for sharing that information, I just want you to remind your sister that I'm not her personal slave, if she wanted to tell him she could've called him herself, I'm sure she still has his number from their last encounter!" I said angrily, I was pretty pissed.

"Don't talk about my hermana like that, I don't even know who you are anymore!" he said and I froze.

"Good because I clearly don't know you as much as I thought I did." I said and we were both quiet for a while.

"I'm not sure I'm comfortable with my son having a mother who spends more time with a man who knocked my sister up." he said and I sighed.

"Grow up Leo!, it takes two to tango, stop blaming my brother when she's as responsible!, and I'm sorry that Thiago has such a jerk for a father." I said and I immediately regretted what I said. I knew how self conscious Leo felt about being a father, and I knew I had hurt him when I said that.

"I'll send the paperwork over, I don't want anything between us anymore." he whispered and I just hung up. I was prepared for this and I kind of knew it was happening. Mom was right, my brother needed me and I couldn't let Leo ruin things between me and Eddie, especially not when he clearly didn't understand things and acted like a jerk. Sure it hurt, but I shouldn't let him walk all over.

Even though I was expecting this to happen, it still hurt. I loved him and Thiago more than anything, and I wasn't sure how I would survive without them. I sighed and shook my head. I guess I just had to adapt to the circumstances, I knew Leo wouldn't want me ever again, he always valued his family over everything else. I just never thought he'd value them over me, and not include me in his family.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 21!

Thanks to Jayme112234 and Ladyfiaran for the comments.

Happy reading