Status: In progress

I Need Your Love

Love is like war: easy to begin but very hard to stop

-Carolina:
It's been about a week since Eddie was signed to Barcelona, and he was moving to Barcelona tomorrow, the scout had called Pep Guardiola, who seemed incredibly interested, so he wanted Eddie there for training as soon as possible. This was hard for me, since I wasn't prepared for him to leave so early.

"I can't believe you're leaving so early." I said as we sat on the couch, watching some games from El Clasico, that Eddie wanted me to see.

"I know Caro, but why don't you come with me?, I'll need someone to talk to, especially in the beginning since I don't know anyone." he said and I laughed.

"You know that's not possible Eddie, at least not now, besides, what would I do over there?, I know nothing of football anyways." I said and he just shook his head.

"Yeah, but you promised me to be there at least once." he said and I nodded.

"Yeah, but not this time Eddie." I said softly, and he nodded before hugging me tightly.

"I'm going to miss you Eddie." I whispered softly and he sighed.

"Me too sissy, but well see each other soon." he said and I nodded. We spent the rest of the night, just watching the games and chatting, before I knew it, it was getting late and we had to go to sleep, since he was leaving early tomorrow, and we were going to the airport with him. I sighed as I laid down in my bed, I would miss him so much, and I just hoped that I could see him soon. I drifted off to sleep soon after that, letting my worries go for just one night.

I woke up by the alarm ringing and I groaned as I realized it was two am. I got up an rubbed my eyes, shivering slightly, as it was cold. I blindly put on the clothes I had laid out the night before, and trudged out of my room and into the hallway. I entered the kitchen, plopping down on the chair and resting my head against the table.

"Here, have some coffee babygirl, I know how tired you are." dad said and pushed a cup of coffee towards me. I grabbed it and took a sip, wincing at the taste. I never liked coffee. Nevertheless, I drank it all, and almost immediately felt more alert. As I had some breakfast, Eddie walked into the kitchen, yawning loudly.

"Morning sissy, how are we feeling today?" he asked and I giggled.

"We're fine, you must be extremely excited." I said and he smiled like a little kid on christmas eve.

"Do you realize I'll be playing with the best players in the entire world?, Pique, Xavi, Neymar, Iniesta, Fabregas and the one and only Lionel Messi, this is crazy." he said and I smiled.

"I'm going to pretend I know who they are." I said, making them all laugh. We had breakfast and then drove off to the airport. At the airport, Eddie checked in and got his boarding pass. Since it was still early, we spent some more time with him.

"You have to be careful in Barcelona you know, no drinking on regular days, no partying on regular days, no sleeping around, no reckless things." mom said, making us all laugh.

"What counts as a regular day?" Eddie asked and I rolled my eyes.

"Weekdays, monday through friday, and these are rules young man, you might be twenty years old, but you're still my son." mom said and Eddie smiled widely.

"I promise mami, don't worry about anything." he said and I smiled as he proceeded to hug dad as well. Eventually he turned to me and I couldn't hold it anymore. I burst into tears as he grabbed me and hugged me tightly.

"Shh, it's ok Caro, we'll be fine, I promise." he said and held me tightly. We stood there for a while, holding on to each other, we had never been apart before, this would be the first time.

"Promise me to take care of yourself Caro, don't wear yourself out, don't let anyone hurt you, and if that tosser David turns up, tell me and I'll come over and give him what he deserves, and also remember that everything will happen when it's supposed to, don't get worked up about being undecided, I love you sissy." he said and I smiled widely.

"I promise Eddie, and you promise me to have fun and not worry about me?, promise to be careful and keep yourself whole and healthy until we see each other again." I said and he nodded, wiping the tears away from my face.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, flight SK789 to Barcelona is boarding, please make your way to the gate to board the plane." They called out and Eddie sighed.

"I promise sissy, now I have to go, I love you." he said and I smiled.

"I love you too Eddie, good luck!" I said and he grinned, hugging me one last time.

"Bye son, have fun and kick some Real Madrid ass." dad said and we all laughed loudly. Eddie hugged mom and dad, before glancing at us one last time, and heading to the gate. We waved to him as he went in and I sighed. This was it I guess. We drove home in silence, I could already feel Eddie's absence.

As soon as I got home, I looked at tickets to Barcelona, I smiled as a plan formed in my head. I'd surprise Eddie at his first game, the tickets weren't as expensive as I thought, and besides I needed a vacation to relax, and stop being so uptight all the time. Let go, let flow, right?
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 3!

Thanks for the comments ArsenalFanKT, Jayme112234 and Ladyfiaran! Really helps the writing!

Happy reading!
xxx