Status: In progress

I Need Your Love

In love the paradox occurs that two beings become one and yet remain two

- Carolina:
It had been two weeks since we made the phone calls and we were now on our way to Argentina. I was extremely nervous, partly about the flying, but also about meeting up with the family. I really wanted them to be there for our children, especially since I know how important it is with family.

"Are you ok amor?" Leo asked as we found our seats in the plane, buckling up. I smiled at him reassuringly and nodded.

"Yes, I'm just a little nervous." I said and he smiled.

"No nausea or dizziness?" he asked, placing his hand on my stomach.

"Nope, seems like that's finally wearing off." I said and he smiled.

"I'm happy that's wearing off, and I promise you that the plane won't crash." he said and I laughed. About ten hours later, we landed in Buenos Aires and I yawned. Thiago had fallen asleep three hours ago, and I grabbed him slowly, lifting him up, making sure that he didn't wake up, as we left the plane, with Leo holding our hand luggage. As soon as we got in the airport, the paparazzi's started snapping pictures and having a field day. I just ignored them and held Thiago tighter to me, walking after Leo.

"I don't think I'll ever get used to that kind of attention." I joked and Leo laughed.

"Me either, I don't understand why it's so interesting to bother me, I'm a normal human being, like the rest of them." he said and I nodded. We got into the car and started our journey towards Rosario. I fell asleep with Thiago in my lap and woke up later, by Leo shaking my shoulder.

"We're here amor." he whispered and I groaned slightly, opening my eyes and smiling at Leo.

"How long was I asleep?" I mumbled and Leo chuckled, moving away a strand of my hair that had made it's way to my eyes.

"About two hours amor, but you needed it." he said and I nodded. I smiled at Thiago's sleeping form, he was completely knocked out.

"I don't want to wake him." I whispered, carefully running my hand along Thiago's hair.

"We don't have to nena, you carry him out and I'll get the bags, his room is the first one on the right when you get in." he said, handing me the keys as well. I smiled and pecked his lips quickly before grabbing Thiago carefully, walking up the driveway and towards Leo's house. I opened the door and walked into Thiago's room, putting him in his bed, tucking him in after taking off his shoes and socks.

"Dulces suenos mi amor." I said, placing a kiss on his forehead, before turning the lights off and leaving the room, leaving the door open.

"How do you feel about them coming tomorrow?" Leo asked, putting his hand on my stomach as we laid in bed, both of us exhausted.

"I'm honestly terrified, but it feels great be done with it, the sooner the better." I said and he nodded.

"But you have to tell me if it becomes too much amor, you and our baby is top priority." he said and I nodded.

"We'll both be ok Leo, you need to stop worrying, I'm pregnant, not a porcelain doll." I teased and he laughed.

"Right, we need to get some sleep so we can tackle tomorrow, dulces suenos querida." he said, kissing me softly before moving down and pressing a kiss to my stomach.

"Dulces suenos a tu tambien mi amor, te amo." he whispered to my stomach and I smiled.

"Dulces suenos Leo, I love you." I said after he got up again and he smiled.

"Te amo nena." he whispered and we fell asleep soon after that. I woke up to the sun shining and I groaned as my phone was ringing. I reached over and answered it, looking over and seeing Leo still asleep, snoring lightly.

"Hola mami" I croaked, my voice still laced with sleep.

"Hola mi hija!" mom said and I smiled.

"How are you doing mami?" I asked and she laughed.

"We're getting ready to head over to you soon, we're all really excited." she said and my eyes widened. I took a look at the clock and grimaced as it was past noon, and I had told them to be over for lunch. We had overslept.

"Right mami, I overslept slightly since we just arrived last night, Leo went over to his friends and I just woke up." I said, whilst getting up and almost running to the kitchen, starting to prepare lunch.

"Aww it's ok babygirl, we'll help each other out with lunch." she said and I smiled. We hung up and I ran to the bedroom again after chopping the onions, waking Leo up. For all I knew, his family could be over any minute.

"Leo baby, wake up, it's past noon and everyone's coming over soon." I said and he shot out of bed, before we made our way back into the kitchen. He started making the salad, as I started preparing everything else quickly. Before I knew it, the dorbell ran and I took a deep breath before going to check who it was. I peeped out the little whole on the door and sighed in relief when I saw my mom. I opened the door and she smiled. I was glad I was wearing a baggy shirt that was concealing my baby bump.

"Mi hija!, it's been too long." Mom said, hugging me. I smiled and hugged her back, trying not to press against her that much, so she wouldn't feel my bump. The last thing I'd want is for her to find out that way.

"Hey sissy, how are you?" Eddie asked, smiling at me. But it didn't reach his eyes. I frowned slightly but nodded at him.

"I'm ok, what about you Eddie?" I asked and he shrugged, not saying anything else. I sighed and moved on to dad.

"Hola papi." I whispered, hugging him.

"Mi hija." he said, kissing my cheek. I dragged them to the living room, before heading in to the kitchen, where Leo was hiding behind the fridge. I laughed slightly, leaning up and kissing his cheek.

"Relax." I whispered in his ear, as he was tensed. He smiled at me and nodded. I winked at him before joining my family in the living room, distracting them, since I knew that Leo's family was coming soon, and I didn't want them to find out and leave.

"So how have you been mi hija?" Dad asked, looking at me curiously. I opened my mouth to answer, before I heard the door open. I coughed loudly, trying to drain out the noise of Leo's family coming in.

"I've been ok, been feeling a little sick, but I'm ok." I said and he nodded, smiling at me.

"Sick?, what do you mean?" mom asked me, her eyes showing concern. I smiled at her reassuringly before I answered.

"Thiago had the flu a couple of weeks ago, and I guess I caught it from him, but I'm ok." I said, smiling at her. I was only half lying, I left out the part where I discovered I was pregnant.

"oh, but you're both fine now?" she asked again and I nodded. I heard footsteps and I took a deep breath, bracing myself. I quickly got up from the couch, and moved to the side as Leo's family stepped through and they all gasped. I heard my dad growl as Leo stepped next to me, wrapping his arms around me. I gulped and looked at everyone, who were glaring at each other.

"Umm hi everyone." I said loudly, and their eyes were all glued to me.

"What's going on mi hija?" dad practically growled and I winced.

"You all know why we're really here." I said, stepping up and wrapping my arm around Leo. I had no idea how Thiago slept through all of this, I was just glad that he was asleep, this was nothing I wanted him to witness.

"I think this has gone too far, you used to be best friends papi." I said, glancing between dad and Jorge.

"Things change mi hija." dad said, glaring at Leo. I frowned and rolled my eyes.

"I think it's about time you accept that Leo's in my life papi, how come you accepted and forgave what happened between Eddie and Maria, and you won't with me and Leo?" I asked, starting to get angry.

"That situation is different mi hija." he said and I rolled my eyes again.

"Leo is in my life papi, whether you like it or not, we had our fights, but we found our way back to each other and in the end that's what matters, I'm not giving up on him, or this child." I said, gesturing to my stomach. They all gasped again.

"You're pregnant?!" Jorge asked, his eyes wide. I nodded and felt Leo hold me tighter to him.

"Si papa, we're having a baby." Leo said proudly, saying something for the first time.

"I thought you knew better mi hija, he hurt you and you turned back to him?!" dad said, his eyes flashing with anger, directed at Leo. I sighed and shook my head.

"Look, the reason you're all here, is because I've had enough, I miss my brother, my parents and the friendship we had between our families, I want both Thiago, this baby and our future children to have a family, that's it, but if you want to make it difficult, then be my guest!" I said loudly, before leaving the room. I heard Leo curse loudly and I just shook my head, getting into Thiago's room and locking the door. Just as I entered the bedroom, they all started yelling and I winced, crawling in next to Thiago and putting my hand on his ears as he stirred in his sleep. He didn't need to hear this. A tear slipped down my face as I heard our families fight. Why couldn't they just get along?, for me and Leo's sake?
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 31

Thanks to Jayme112234 for the comment, each and every one of your comments mean the world!

Happy reading!
xxx