Status: In progress

I Need Your Love

Choose your love, Love your choice

- Carolina:
It had been about four months since we arrived in Argentina. I was now seven months pregnant, and huge. We had decided to stay there for a while, and now I wasn't allowed to travel anymore, making Leo forced to stay with me. Or he wasn't forced, but he refused to go back to Barcelona, the last thing he wanted was to miss out on stuff. Eddie still wasn't talking to me, and I had sort of gotten used to it, sure it hurt, but I was slowly starting to accept it. Leo had invited some of his friends over to Rosario, and they were currently watching tv, whilst I was in the kitchen with Shakira, who was heavily pregnant, but they let her fly anyways, something that amazed me.

"Are you ok Shak?" I asked, concerned as she was wincing.

"Si, it's just Braxton Hicks contractions, I've been having them since last month." she said and I frowned. Shakira had managed to be three weeks late, which almost put her in the 10th month of her pregnancy. Suddenly she gasped and I looked as her pants got wet. My eyes widened and I took her hand, leading her into the living room.

"I think your water broke." I said, pointing out the obvious and she just rolled her eyes, squeezing my hand hard as she breathed through the pain. When we arrived in the living room, Gerard immediately moved to my side and I let him hold Shakira. Leo wrapped his arms around me and I called the hospital. Soon the ambulance were here and drove Shakira and Gerard to the hospital, we would have driven her there ourselves, but her contractions were barely minutes apart, and I could tell that she'd give birth in the car if we were to drive her over there. Leo helped me into the car and we drove straight to the hospital. The whole ride I was feeling uncomfortable and I kept squirming in my seat, making Leo look at me concerned.

"What's wrong amor?" he asked and I gasped as there was a slight pain around my stomach.

"Leo, there's something wrong." I said, gasping as the pain got more intense. His eyes widened and e immediately sped up.

"Hold on nena, we'll be there soon." he said frantically. I just tried controlling my breathing as the pain got worse, I bit my lip to keep from screaming and I gasped as I spotted blood on my jeans. Leo cursed loudly and drove even faster.

"It's too soon Leo, our baby is to small!" I said frantically, this time screaming slightly at the pain. When we got to the hospital, Leo carried me bridal style, and ran into the hospital, screaming for help. They quickly placed me on a stretcher and placed me in a room, where I could hear Shakira screaming from behind the curtain. I guess this was the room where the birth takes place. A midwife came in and looked at me concerned.

"We think that your child might be born prematurely, but we'll do everything in our power to stop it from happening, since the chances of the survival are minimal." she said as she quickly inserted a drip and some sort of shot. My eyes widened and I started crying.

"How much are the chances of everything turning out ok and our baby be fine?" Leo asked thickly, holding my hand. The midwife sighed and looked at us.

"Right now I'd say I don't know, if you give birth now, there's a chance that Carolina won't survive and the baby will, or if she survives, the baby won't." she said and Leo gasped. On the other side of the room, Shakira was screaming and cursing, but I couldn't concentrate on that now.

"Can you find a way to save my baby?" I asked, whimpering as tears ran down my face.

"I'm trying, luckily it's not too late." she said and I nodded, praying to God that my baby would be ok.

"Does this have to do with you madre having difficulties with you and Eddie's birth?" Leo asked softly and I nodded.

"I guess so." I said and he sighed. A couple of weeks ago, I had talked with mom about giving birth and she had told me of how difficult her birth was, how I had been born dead and then miraculously survives, and how she was almost dying. It had put me on edge every since, and I guess this was the outcome, all of that stress turned into this.

"You'll both be fine amor, I won't let anything happen to you, and you need to stay strong for me nena." he said and I nodded.

"I love you." I said and he kissed me passionately.

"Te amo, mi vida." he whispered and I smiled weakly. A couple of hour passed and we heard Shakira's baby finally arrive, crying. I couldn't bring myself to be happy for her, partly because of the pain I was in, and also since I was scared for my baby. Shakira had another boy, and when she discovered my state, she panicked, but was wheeled out of the room when the nurse decided that she was contributing to stress that I didn't need. I rolled my eyes at the nurse, Shakira hadn't done anything wrong, the problem was me, I was stressed because of my fear of losing our baby. Eventually the pains started to subside and I got Leo to call on the midwife. The midwife walked in and immediately grabbed the tools for ultrasounds.

"I'm going to check something, and if it is what I think it is, we might have succeeded in stopping it." she said and I grabbed Leo's hand as she spread the cold gel onto my stomach. After a while the image of our baby popped up and I sighed.

"Everything seems ok senor and senorita, we'll just listen to the heartbeat to be 100% sure." she said and I nodded. I sighed in relief as the room was filled with the sound of our baby's heart. Leo leaned over and kissed me softly.

"Everything's absolutely fine, no signs of damage and the heart's beating fantastically well, do you want to know the sex?" she asked and I looked at Leo who smiled at me. I nodded at the midwife and she smiled.

"By now I can guarantee you the sex, it's very clear, congratulations senor and senorita, you're having a baby girl!" she said and I smiled widely. Leo laughed and kissed me.

"A girl!" I said smiling at Leo, who was tearing up slightly.

"Since everything is ok, I'm going to discharge you now, but you'll have to be on bed rest most of the time, no working or cleaning, since that puts an effort on your body, and I'm going to have to ask you to relax, stress if your worst enemy." she said and I nodded. She discharged me and Leo helped me out of the bed. I put on some spare clothes that Leo had brought over, and we left the room. We were met with Shakira and Gerard outside and Shakira hugged me as soon as she saw me.

"Are you ok?" she asked and I nodded.

"It was close, but we're both fine, we're having a girl!" I said and she smiled.

"I want you guys to meet Elias." she said, holding her newborn and I smiled.

"He's precious, congratulations to the both of you, sorry we couldn't be there." I said and they laughed.

"He looks like his daddy but he's got his madre's eyes, you both did great, congratulations." Leo said and hugged both Shakira and Gerard. Shakira gave me little Elias so I could hold him, and I smiled at him, whilst Leo wrapped his arms around me. Shakira and Gerard looked at each other and smiled, before looking at us.

"We want to make you guys his godparents." they said and I blinked, before smiling.

"It would be an honor." Leo whispered and I nodded. Eventually we drove back home and Leo helped me up the stairs, before quickly directing me to the bed. I groaned.

"You heard what the midwife said nena, it's bed rest for you." he said and I rolled my eyes.

"She said most of the time, not all the time." I whined and he laughed. I sighed as he went down to get everybody upstairs. I put my hand on my stomach and smiled, I was happy our baby was alive, I wouldn't know what I'd do if we'd lose her.

"I'm glad you're ok." Neymar said as he was the first one to arrive and I smiled at him. I'd never really talked to Neymar, he had always kept his distance for some reason. He smiled and sat down on a chair next to the bed. I noticed how he kept looking at me and I it my lip, I hoped he didn't have any feelings for me, I'd hate to hurt him because I love Leo.

"Can I tell you something?" he whispered and I nodded warily, something didn't feel right.

"Every since you walked into Eddie's living room that very first night, I've been in love with you, you took my breath away, you're so alive, funny, caring and loving, I just never had the chance since Leo moved first." he said and I frowned, closing my eyes.

"You're a great guy Neymar, and there's probably a girl out there who'll love you for who you are, as much as you claim you love me, I hate to hurt you, I really do, but I love Leo, more than anything." I said and he frowned.

"I could be so much better than him, he's already hurt you once, I'd never hurt you, can you just please consider it?" he asked, and I sighed.

"I'm having his baby Neymar, I love him, I think you should try and let it go." I said, grimacing at the pained look he had on his face.

"I won't, I can't, I'll just have to prove it to you." he said and I sighed as the others came in to the room and he got up from the chair, looking at me once again before Leo came to my side and kissed me softly.

"How are you mi amor?" he asked and I smiled slightly.

"I'm ok, still a little bit shaken up." I said and he nodded.

"That's understandable mi amor, I'm so happy you're both ok." he said and I smiled. I noticed Neymar slightly rolling his eyes from where he stood, and I just sighed. I knew I loved Leo more than anything, he's the one. I wouldn't let Neymar come between us, no matter how much I hated to hurt anyone, I'd rather have Neymar be a little hurt, then me losing Leo again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 33

So I've had writers block, and I still have writers block for Half a Heart, so I have no idea when there's coming a new chapter for Half a Heart.

Thanks to Jayme112234 and Ladyfiaran for the comments

Happy reading!
xxx