Status: In progress

I Need Your Love

Absence sharpens love, presence strengthens it

- Carolina:
It had been about three days since I got my wedding dress and tomorrow me and Leo were getting married. I was currently in the kitchen, watching Leo get ready for his bachelor party, he was going to spend tonight at Gerard's with the other guys. I was spending the night here with Shakira and our mothers.

"I don't want to go." Leo whined as he came to the kitchen and I laughed. He came to me and wrapped his arms around me.

"It's just one night Leo, one more night of freedom." I teased and he rolled his eyes.

"I've been waiting forever to get married to you mi amor, and you know I can't sleep without you." he whined again and I just shook my head, laughing.

"You'll be fine, besides the guys will make sure that you have fun." I said and he sighed.

"I can't wait to see you walking down the altar." he whispered, kissing me softly. I smiled and looked him

"One more night, it'll be worth the wait, I promise." I said as the someone knocked on the door, signaling that Leo had to leave. He smiled at me and kissed me again.

"I'll see you tomorrow hermosa." he whispered and I smiled.

"I'll be the one in white." I teased and he rolled his eyes, blowing me a kiss before leaving the house. Soon after that, Shakira, Celia and mami arrived. I smiled and let them in. I told them to wait in the kitchen, whilst I brought Thiago and Thalia in. I had decided to have them here tonight, since I wasn't going to do anything special for my bachelorette party, I wasn't really in to things like that.

"Maria Sol had her baby." Celia said as she held Thalia and I frowned slightly, but nodded.

"I assume Eddie didn't want me to know." I said and she nodded. I sighed and shook my head.

"Lets not talk about that tonight, you're getting married tomorrow it should be a night of celebration." Shakira said and I smiled gratefully at her, she had brought Milan and Elias with her, and Thiago was happily playing with Milan whilst I held Elias.

"So do you have cold feet?" mami asked and I laughed.

"Not really mami, I feel more than ready to be Leo's wife." I said and she smiled.

"I'm so proud of you mi hija." she said and I smiled and hugged her.

"So has Leo told you anything about the honeymoon?" Celia asked and I raised an eyebrow.

"Nope, I wasn't even sure if there was a honeymoon involved." I joked and she laughed.

"I've never seen him this excited before, not even for his first wedding, I'm glad you came into my sons life and I can't wait to have you as a daughter officially." Celia said and I smiled.

"I can't wait to have you as my madre, I'd run down the aisle if that was ok." I joked and they all laughed. We spent the night just talking and having fun, when it was time to sleep I sighed and crawled into the empty bed, hugging Leo's pillow close to me. I missed him. I ended up not sleeping at all, no matter how happy I was about marrying Leo, I was extremely nervous. I got up as the door opened and Shakira frowned at me.

"You look exhausted, did you get any sleep at all?" she asked and I sighed.

"Nope, I generally can't sleep when I'm nervous." I said and she nodded. We ended up grabbing a quick breakfast before going to the salon where I was getting my hair done. We arrived and I sat down in the chair as the stylist started to fix my hair. After three hours of fixing my hair and makeup, I was finally ready. I smiled as I put on my dress and mami helped me with the veil. We got in the car and drove over to where the venue was. I noticed that there were no paparazzi's anywhere and I smiled as I realized how much thought Leo had put into this. We arrived at the venue and I gasped. It was at a house, and I could tell that the aisle was set in the garden. I smiled, it was simple yet beautiful.

"Who's house is this?" I whispered as we got in and mami started to fuss over the veil and helping me into my shoes. She laughed at my question and shook her head.

"It's a rented house mi hija, it's the most private place Leo could find for the ceremony, the reception won't be here." she said and I nodded. From what I could see, the garden was beautiful. Papa walked in with my bouquet and I smiled as I saw the red roses, Leo had really made an effort. Mami kissed me on my cheek before leaving.

"You look absolutely hermosa mi hija, I'm so proud of you." papa said and I took a deep breath, smiling and taking the flowers from him and kissing his cheek.

"Te amo papi." I whispered and he smiled. I grimaced as I heard the music start and held on to papa tighter, swallowing deeply.

"Please don't let me fall." I muttered as we started walking out of the room and he chuckled.

"Never mi hija." he whispered and lead me through the aisle. I smiled as I saw everyone sitting there, my eyes searching for Leo. I nearly gasped when I saw him standing there, and it took me everything not to run down the aisle. I bit my lip as he stared at me, his eyes shining with love. Eventually we reached him and papa took my hand and placed it in Leo's.

"You better take care of mi hija Lionel." he said and Leo nodded quickly. Papa kissed my cheek and I smiled at him, taking Leo's other hand and looking him in the eyes.

"Hey." I whispered before the minister started and he smiled.

"Hola hermosa." he whispered back and I blushed. The minister cleared his throat and we turned to him.

"We are gathered here today to join together Lionel Andrés Messi and Carolina Elena Alvarez in holy matrimony; which is an honourable and solemn estate and therefore is not to be entered into unadvisedly or lightly. If anyone can show just cause why they may not be lawfully joined together, let them speak now or forever hold their peace,” the minister said and I held my breath, a bit scared that anyone would object, when it was clear that no one would object, the minister looked back to us, continuing.

"Lionel, do you take Carolina Elena Alvarez as your lawful wedded wife? Will you love, honour, comfort, and cherish her from this day forward, forsaking all others, keeping only unto her for as long as you both shall live?” he asked and Leo smiled.

"I do." he said confidently and I smiled widely, biting my lip as the minister turned to me now.

"Carolina, do you take Lionel Andrés Messi as your lawful wedded husband? Will you love, honour, comfort, and cherish him from this day forward, forsaking all others, keeping only unto him for as long as you both shall live?” he asked and I smiled.

"I do." I said softly and Leo smiled widely at me, making my knees weak as always. The minister now asked for the rings, making Leo turn to his best man, Gerard, whilst I turned to Shakira, they gave us the rings and we handed them to the minister.

"Splendid, now Lionel please repeat after me: I, Lionel Andrés Messi, take thee, Carolina Elena Alvarez, to be my wedded wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love, honour, and cherish, 'til death do us part" he said and I looked at Leo.

"I, Lionel Andrés Messi, take thee, Carolina Elena Alvarez, to be my wedded wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love, honour, and cherish, 'til death do us part." Leo said, sliding the ring onto my finger and I smiled, I just couldn't stop smiling.

"Now Carolina you repeat after me: I, Carolina Elena Alvarez, take thee, Lionel Andrés Messi, to be my wedded husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love, honour, and cherish, 'til death do us part." he said and I gulped before licking my lips.

"I, Carolina Elena Alvarez, take thee, Lionel Andrés Messi, to be my wedded husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love, honour, and cherish, 'til death do us part." I said softly, gently sliding the ring onto Leo's left ring finger.

"May this couple be prepared to continue to give, be able to forgive and experience more and more joy with each passing day, we hope that they may have loving assistance from their family, the constant support of friends, and a long life with good health and everlasting love. By the power invested in me by God, I now pronounce you husband and wife, you may kiss the bride." the minister said and I sighed in relief. Leo gently pulled the veil away from my face and grabbed my chin, looking me in the eyes before softly pressing his lips against mine. I smiled into the kiss and resisted the urge to wrap my arms around his neck. He pulled away too soon and I couldn't help but pout slightly at the loss of contact. Leo smiled widely and wrapped his arm around me as we turned around.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I'm honoured to present you for the first time, Mr and Mrs Lionel Messi." the minister declared and everyone got up, smiling at us and clapping. Leo pulled me in for another kiss and I smiled, this time wrapping my arms around his neck.

"Te amo Mrs Messi." he whispered in my ear and I smiled.

"I love you more Mr Messi." I said and he laughed. We walked down the aisle again, this time as husband and wife, we waked rather then ran like everyone else did, because of the train of my dress. I held on to Leo's arm tightly as I was scared of stumbling in my heels. We finally got into the car that was going to drive us to the reception and I sighed and leaned my head against Leo's shoulder when we had succeeded to get the veil off.

"Thank you for all of this, it was beautiful." I said, kissing him softly, he laughed and looked at me.

"Have I told you how beautiful you look?, you took my breath away when you walked down the aisle." he said and I blushed.

"I love you so much." I said and he smiled.

"I love you too mi amor, now lets go and have fun." he said and I laughed as he dragged me out the car. I was loving married life already and it hadn't even started.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 39!

Thanks to Jayme112234 and Ladyfiaran for the comments.

Happy reading!
xxx