Status: In progress

I Need Your Love

Love is a smoke made with the fume of sighs

It's been about a month since Eddie left, and it's been getting better.We had been skyping ever night and he seemed to be having a blast over there, and his happiness made me happy. I ordered tickets to Barcelona about two weeks ago, and I'm leaving tomorrow, or late tonight, depending on how you see it. I had spent the entire day, packing, since I was staying there for a few weeks, I needed plenty of clothes. I entered the living room, joining my parents on the couch. I sat next to mom and leaned my head on her shoulder as we watched CSI Miami, we loved this show.

"Are you all set for Barcelona sweetie?" mom asked as she stroked my hair and I smiled.

"Yeah, as far as I know everything's set." I said and fumbled with my nails. Truthfully, I was nervous for Barcelona, I had a feeling that everything would change with this trip. As if I would find something different.

"You might find a spanish boyfriend over there you know, make sure to stay protected." mom teased and I rolled my eyes.

"You know that's never going to happen mom, besides everyone knows that long distance relationships suck and I'm not interested in a relationship at the minute." I said and she just shook her head.

"You need to live a little sweetie, sure that David was a jerk, but you can't keep pushing love away, what if you fall in love?" she said and I sighed.

"The chances of me falling in love is minimal mom, besides I'd be crazy to get involved in a long distance relationship, I'm perfectly happy being single." I said and she sighed.

"When love is not crazy, it's not love sweetheart, that kind of love is exactly what you need, you need someone who's the total opposite of you, so you can balance each other out." she said and I raised an eyebrow.

"Ok mom, but I can find that over here as well, it's not as if Spain's the only country with men." I said and she rolled her eyes.

"You're missing the point sweetie, what I mean is that you should let go entirely on this trip, have fun, have a fling and just live, you're not as vibrant and happy as you were before David, and I miss having that Carolina around, my real daughter." she said and I frowned. She was right, every since David, I've been different.

"Fine mom, but I won't promise anything." I said and she smiled before kissing my cheek. We spent the rest of the night in front of the Tv, chatting and watching random tv-shows. Eventually it was time for us to go to sleep, since I was leaving at three am. After taking a shower and brushing my teeth, I got back into my room and plopped down in bed, laying down and staring at the ceiling. I thought about what mom had said and frowned as I thought about David. We had been together for two years, when he suddenly decided that he didn't love me anymore, that was bearable it was what I discovered afterwards that really broke me to pieces. A couple of days after we broke up, I discovered that he had cheated on me from day one, and that really broke me and lowered my self esteem a great deal. I shook my head and stopped thinking about him, I shouldn't be thinking about that jerk.

I didn't get any sleep that night, so I got up by the time I was supposed to get up, after spending 8 sleepless hours in bed, playing with my phone. I changed into a simple black dress and a thick cardigan with purple tights. I braided my hair and put some make up on, before grabbing my suitcase and leaving the room. I left my suitcase in the hall and entered the kitchen. I seemed to be the only one awake, so I decided to make breakfast today, letting mom have a break for once. I cooked up breakfast and set the table, sipping one some coffee. Eventually mom and dad came in and I smiled at them.

"Wow babygirl, you've outdone yourself today." dad said and I just chuckled.

"Thank you darling, this looks amazing." mom said as she piled some blueberry pancakes onto her plate. I smiled and ate my breakfast.

"How long have you been up?" mom asked as I sipped on some orange juice.

"All night, you know how I get when I'm nervous." I said and she shook her head.

"I've always hated that habit of yours, you should've woken me up, now you're going to be exhausted." she said and I rolled my eyes.

"I'll be fine mom, stop worrying." I said and she chuckled. We spent the rest of the morning, chatting and laughing, eventually it was time to go and we left the house and headed for the car. As we drove over to the airport. I couldn't help but feel weird, I had a feeling something major would happen on this trip.

When we arrived at the airport,I checked in and handed over my luggage. I turned to mom and dad as we neared the gate and I smiled at them. Dad opened his arms and I hugged him tightly.

"Be careful dad and take care of mom, I'll miss you and I love you." I said and closed my eyes. Dad worked as a police officer, so we were always worried about him one way or another.

"I promise baby, now you have fun and be careful as well, remember the things I taught you in case someone touches you, I love you more baby." he said and I chuckled.

"Yeah I remember dad, knee him hard. " I said and he laughed loudly. I moved on to mom and she hugged me close.

"Have fun darling, and remember what I said about letting go." she said and I nodded.

"I love you mom, take care." I said as we pulled away and she kissed my cheek.

"I love you too sweetie, we'll see each other soon." she said and I nodded and made my way into the gate, blowing them one last kiss, before moving in to board the plane. As soon as I found my seat, I smiled as I realized it was a window seat, I buckled up and closed my eyes, breathing deeply. I had always been uncomfortable with flying.

I spent the next three hours sleeping, possibly because I was exhausted. By the time I woke up, we were ready to land. I looked out the window and smiled, Barcelona was beautiful. The planed landed pretty violently and I winced. Eventually we were allowed out and after collecting my luggage, I called a taxi. You see, some time ago I had discreetly asked Eddie where he was staying, so now I had the address, as the cab pulled up, I handed him the address I had written on a piece of paper and he nodded before starting the car. I felt both excited and extremely nervous, what if he wasn't home, or what if he had friends over?. At the same time I was excited to see his face. The car pulled up at the driveway and my eyes widened. The house was huge, this only meant that Eddie was staying permanently, otherwise he wouldn't buy such a big house.

After paying the driver, I dragged my suitcase and got to the gate, I frowned as it was locked, meaning I had to call, and this would totally blow my cover. Suddenly I got a great idea, since Eddie wasn't expecting me, and none of his friends knew who I was, I could get away with calling and saying it was pizza delivery or something. Knowing my brother, he'd probably ordered some food, since he was crazy about food. I smirked and pulled the hood of my jacket on so he wouldn't suspect anything from the window, and put my suitcase behind me. I took a deep breath and pressed the button.

No one answered, and for a while I really thought that he wasn't home, until I heard some shuffling. I smiled, this would work.

"Hola?" someone said and I frowned, he did have this friends over, this would be so embarrassing. I cleared my throat and tried to remember my spanish.

"Hola seƱor, es la entrega de pizza." I said and bit my lip.

"Que?" the voice said again and I rolled my eyes.

"La entrega de pizza." I said again, a bit louder.

"Ok espera" the voice said again and I smirked as they opened the door. I stepped in, dragging my suitcase along, my eyes widening at the garden, it was beautiful. I made my way to the front door and bit my lip once again, feeling extremely nervous and giddy, before knocking firmly. The door opened by Eddie and he gasped when he saw me, standing there looking at me with his mouth wide open.

"Are you going to let me in bro, or am I going to stand here all afternoon?" I asked and smirked. Before I knew it he picked me up and spinned me around. I giggled and hugged him tightly as he finally put me down.

"What are you doing her Caro?, this is crazy!" he said and I just giggled.

"Well I'll tell you if you let me in." I mused and he shook he head before grabbing my suitcase and dragging me into the house, shutting the door after him. As I walked into the house, I marveled at how big and beautiful everything was and I suddenly felt nervous as I heard people speaking and laughing in the living room. Eddie went into one of the rooms and left my suitcase, and I just stood there, not daring to walk into the living room. When Eddie came out, he rolled his eyes at me before going into the living room, I knew he wanted me to come in by myself. After standing there for a while, I decided to go in, nothing bad would happen, right?

I stepped into the living room shyly, looking down and suddenly everyone grew quiet.

"Everyone, this is my little sister Carolina, she was the pizza delivery gone wrong." Eddie said and stood up, wrapping his arms around me. I looked up shyly and smiled.

"I'm not your little sister, you're only a minute older than me." I mumbled quietly and Eddie laughed.

"Fine, this is my almost little sister, I'm only a minute older." he said and I just shook my head.

"Carolina, this is Lionel, Neymar, Gerard, Cesc and Xavi." he said and I nodded at them all, briefly locking eyes with the one guy Eddie named as Lionel.

"And these are Gerard and Cesc's girlfriends, Shakira and Daniella." he said and I nodded at them as well, giving them a small smile. They smiled back widely and Eddie ushered me to the couch, I sat down gently, with Eddie plopping down next to me. I bit my lip and played with my nails, scraping off the nail polish, refusing to look up, this was so embarrassing.

"C'mon Caro, what's wrong?, you're unusually quiet." Eddie said and everyone looked over at me, I blushed slightly and looked up.

"This didn't go exactly as I planned, I didn't expect you to have guests over." I said softly and he rolled his eyes.

"I told you about it just last night, and why didn't you tell me you were coming?" he asked and I mentally face palmed myself for not remembering something as important as this.

"I wanted to surprise you for your first game." I said and shrugged. He looked at me and raised his eyebrow.

"Are YOU volunteering to watch a non important football game of mine, what has happened to you sissy, do you have some sort of fever?" he asked and put his hand on my temple. I shrugged his hand off and glared at him.

"It's your first game dumbass, of course I'd want to be here, even though I still think it's ridiculous to see grown men chase after a tiny ball for ninety minutes." I said and Eddie laughed loudly whilst everyone else looked at me curiously.

"I really don't like football, I think it's a waste of time, however it's different when Eddie plays, sort of becomes a must to be there." I explained and smiled at them.

"Yeah, my sister's nuts." Eddie said and I gasped.

"Hey!, this sister also flew across Europe to come see you play." I said and crossed my arms over my chest, pouting slightly.

"I know, and I also know that you're faking that pouting, so stop." he said and I rolled my eyes.

"Fine mr know it all." I said and they all laughed. Things turned awkward again when the laughter stopped and they all resumed to stare at me.

"So have you had anything to eat Caro?" Eddie asked, breaking the ice again, I smiled at him appreciatively.

"Yes, the airplane food actually wasn't that bad, not to mention the huge amount of breakfast that mom forced in me." I said and his eyes glazed over slightly.

"Aww I miss mom's cooking so much, don't tell me there were blueberry pancakes involved?" he asked and I laughed.

"Sorry to disappoint you Eddie, but there were some involved, and I actually made breakfast this time." I said and suddenly he smiled widely.

"That's great, it means you can make some right now!" he said and I raised an eyebrow.

"You want breakfast instead of dinner?" I asked and he shook his head.

"Nope, we already had dinner, this counts as dessert." he said and I shook my head before nodding and getting up.

"Show me the kitchen." I said and sighed as he grew eager and dragged me to the kitchen. He showed me where things were and they all proceeded to watch me as I made the pancakes.

"We've always had a problem with Eddie, he eats way more than all of us, so mom always has to do double amounts, I have no idea where all that food goes, if he was normal he'd be huge by now." I said as I stirred the batter, trying to make small talk with them.

"Yeah, we've only known him for a couple of weeks, and he eats all the time." Shakira said and I nodded.

"And have you seen just how much?, I'm his twin and I can't eat half of what he consumes, it's scary." I said and she laughed.

"You're twins?" Daniella asked, and I nodded.

"Fraternal, unfortunately I had to share womb and everything else with that giant kid for nine months, don't ask me how I survived." I said and they all chuckled.

"You don't look like each other, it's almost as if you're entirely opposite each other." Lionel said, locking eyes with me once again. I looked at him and got stuck in his eyes, he had the most beautiful eyes I'd ever seen. I looked away quickly and nodded.

"Yeah, I get that a lot, but that's what makes us unique I guess, and I wouldn't have it any other way." I said and he nodded. After cooking an entire batch of pancakes, I sat with them as they ate and talked a bit more with them. But Lionel stayed quiet, he was staring at me most of the time, and every time I would meet his gaze, I blushed and looked away. This kept going on the entire night, and I already felt weird when I was around them. Eventually they all had to leave, and as I shook hands with all of them, I gulped when I reached Lionel. He just looked me deep in the eyes, as he had done the entire night, and I shook his hand. But he didn't pull away, we kept shaking hands for a while, before I pulled away and cleared my throat. They all left and I sighed.

"Is there something going on with you and Lionel Caro?, I saw the way he kept looking at you, have you met before?" Eddie asked as I plopped down on the couch.

"No there's nothing going on, I just saw him for the first time tonight." I said and shrugged, but I couldn't shake off the feeling I had when I saw Lionel, and also I couldn't quite place it either.

"Good, because I don't want you getting involved with him, he's a footballer and there's this huge maze of danger with being famous, I don't want you in it." he said and I frowned.

"Since when did you decide who I was allowed to date?" I asked and he sighed.

"I won't discuss it further Carolina, I don't want you with him, and that's it, I'll tell him you're off limits too, and if I find out that he touched you, I'll kill him myself." he said and I frowned as he left the living room, why did he want to control me all of a sudden?
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 4!

So I was supposed to upload this earlier, but my computer died and the entire chapter somehow got deleted, so I had to rewrite the whole thing...

Thanks to Jayme112234 and Ladyfiaran for the comments!

Happy reading!
xxx