Status: In progress

I Need Your Love

Love does not dominate; it cultivates

"Where are we going Leo?" I whined as he dragged me around. As soon as we stepped out the car, he had put a blindfold on me. I knew we were going to the reception, but I'd had enough with the surprises and this was driving me crazy.

"We'll be there soon hermosa." he mused, chuckling slightly as I huffed and let him guide me. We walked for a bit more, until Leo stopped, removing the blindfold. I opened my eyes and smiled. We were in front of a hotel.

"You've outdone yourself Leo, this beautiful." I said as we stepped in to the garden and were surrounded by music, the guests were already there and when they spotted us they smiled and made their way towards us.

"Only the best for our day amor, I wanted things to be private, but not plain." he said, shrugging and I rolled my eyes slightly.

"And I guess you kept it from me because I'd say it's a waste of money?" I asked and he laughed before shaking his head.

"No amor, I just wanted to surprise you." he said and I smiled, kissing him.

"Gracias then, te amo Leo." I said and he smiled. I spotted Celia and mami walking towards us with Thalia and Thiago. I smiled and grabbed Thiago whilst Leo held Thalia close to him.

"Hey baby." I cooed as Thiago played with my hair. I went over and kissed Thalia's cheek, making Leo smile at me.

"Congratulations to the both of you!" Celia said and moved to hug us. I smiled and hugged her tightly before moving on to mami.

"Congratulations mi hija, I'm so proud of you." mami said and I smiled, kissing her cheek. After we pulled away she turned to Leo, who was grinning widely.

"Congratulations to you too mi hijo, and Gracias for making my daughter happy, you better keep it that way." she said and Leo nodded.

"I promise." he said and I smiled. Eventually we moved towards the rest, sitting by the table. I noticed the food hadn't arrived yet and frowned slightly, I had been up early and I was starving. As I looked over at Leo, I noticed Thalia was fussing slightly and I smiled before putting Thiago down and grabbing Thalia.

"I think she's hungry, I better go nurse her." I said before kissing Leo softly. He smiled as I left and turned to Thiago. After I had finished nursing Thalia, I fixed my dress before hugging her close to me and walking back to everyone else. As I was about to enter the room again, I was stopped by someone. I frowned as I turned around and spotted Neymar.

"Você está absolutamente linda." he muttered and I sighed. I knew very little portuguese, but it was enough to understand what he had said.

"What are you doing Neymar?" I asked, cuddling Thalia closer to me as she was starting to fuss again.

"I just wanted to talk." he mumbled and I raised an eyebrow.

"There's nothing we have to talk about, I'm married and I love Leo, thats it I just don't know why you can't get that through your head." I said frustrated and he just shook his head, stepping forward and kissing my cheek. I gasped and pulled away violently, glaring at him. I turned around and was about to leave, before he stopped me again.

"You made a mistake, he'll hurt you I'm certain of it, but I'll be here when he does, no matter what I'll be there for you." he said and I just shook my head, shrugging his hand off my shoulder and leaving. I smiled when I spotted Leo and joined him again.

"You were gone long." Leo mused, kissing my shoulder. I laughed and rolled my eyes.

"I was gone for ten minutes hombre." I said and he just laughed.

"I can't wait until we get out of here senora Messi." he whispered in my ear and I blushed, moving away slightly. He smirked at me and I shook my head.

"Get your act together senor Messi, if you keep this cockiness up then I guarantee you that nothing will happen tonight." I teased and he gulped before nodding. I laughed, I loved doing this to him, knowing how much he wanted it.

"Siento mi amor." he mumbled and I laughed, kissing him.

"Nothing to be sorry for Leo, I'm just messing with you." I said and he shook his head before tickling me, I squirmed trying to get away from him.

"Ok, ok I'm sorry Leo, please stop tickling." I said, trying to catch my breath. He chuckled before stopping and pecking my lips, I realized we had attracted quite the crowd and I blushed. We spent the rest of the night, eating, dancing and having fun. The only thing that was missing was Eddie, it hurt that he had refused to come, more than I thought it would. I was dragged out of my thoughts, as someone burst into the room. I furrowed my eyebrows and took a look, I gasped at what I saw. Maria Sol and Eddie were at the door, holding their child. I got up and headed towards them. As I reached them, I felt Leo wrap his arm around me.

"Hola Leo, Carolina." Maria said and I nodded, my eyes moving to the child she was holding. She gave Eddie a quick look before turning her gaze back to me and Leo. She stepped forward and I felt Leo's grip on me tighten.

"I wanted to introduce your nephew, this is Jorge." she said and I smiled slightly as I took in the little boy. He had blue eyes and light brown hair, looking exactly like Eddie.

"Can I hold him?" I asked shyly, looking at her and Eddie. She nodded and gave me Jorge. I smiled and held him close to me, going back to Leo, who was smiling at his nephew.

"Congratulations to the both of you, and I'm so sorry that we haven't been here." Maria said and I nodded, my eyes moving to Eddie who was staring at the wall, not acknowledging anything. I gave Jorge to Leo, before moving to Eddie, hitching my dress up so it would be easier to move.

"Why are you here Eduardo?" I asked softly, making him look at me. Maria Sol was here for a reason, but I wanted to know Eddies reason, I knew he'd stick by his choice of hating me if he wanted and wouldn't have showed up if that was the case.

"Should I have a reason to be at my sisters wedding?" he murmured and I couldn't help but smile.

"Welcome back then Eddie, you should both come in." I said and he smiled slightly, moving to Maria and grabbing her hand. I smiled as they found a seat. Leo raised an eyebrow at me as we got back to our table and I just shook my head.

"How come you let him get away that easily?" Leo mused and I laughed.

"That's just the thing between me and him, we can fight and ignore each other, but we can never stay away, so we usually just make up, and this is the way we usually do it, it's a little awkward in the beginning but it'll pass." I said, shrugging and he nodded. I felt immensely happy that Eddie had finally gotten his act together and decided to come, now my wedding day felt perfect and complete. There was nothing that could ruin this.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 40

Thanks to Jayme12234 and Ladyfiaran for the comments.

Happy reading!
xxx