Status: In progress

I Need Your Love

Love means to love that which is unlovable; or it is no virtue at all

- Carolina:
It had been a couple of days since Leo started acting strange, and he hasn't stopped. He's been more absent and comes home late when I'm asleep and leaves early in the morning. Even though I had been trying to assure myself that he wouldn't cheat, I have my suspicions. Last night when he came home, he smelled of sex and perfume, and he had love bites on his neck, and he wasn't even trying to cover it. I was almost sure he was cheating, yet I didn't want to confront him, a part of me kept insisting that I was wrong, that he'd never do anything like that to me. The thought of him with someone else, broke my heart alright, but the thought of losing him hurt me more, it would kill me. Unfortunately I love him more than anything. I sighed as I made my way over to Shak's house, I had left the kids with mami, I needed to talk to Shakira.

"Hola Carolina." Gerard said as he opened and I smiled at him weakly. He didn't know what was going on because I had begged Shakira not to tell him, he was one of Leo's best friends and I wouldn't want Leo to lose his friends over me. As soon as I stepped into the living room, Shakira hugged me.

"Tell me." she said softly as we sat on the couch and I burst into tears.

"I think, no I'm pretty sure that he's cheating." I said quietly, before sobbing. She gasped and hugged me again.

"Tell me what that idiot has done." she spat out, holding my hand comfortingly.

"He's been gone almost every day, and last night he came home, smelling of sex and perfume, with love bites all over his neck, and he didn't even deny it." I said and she frowned.

"Did you confront him?" she asked and I shook my head.

"No, but he knew I was awake, he walked past me without a single glance, I don't know what to do Shak." I said and she sighed. We stayed quiet for a while until I stopped crying.

"Perhaps marrying him was a mistake, maybe everything was a mistake." I croaked and she just shook her head.

"Think of your beautiful daughter and your son, he might be an absolute idiot, but without him you wouldn't have them." she said and I nodded slowly.

"I can fight for Lia's custody, but not for Thiago's." I said softly and she frowned.

"Why not?" she asked and I sighed.

"I'm only his adoptive mother, Leo has more rights than I have, and I can't stay with Leo, I feel sick whenever I imagine him with someone else, but at the same time I don't want to lose Thiago or Leo, I'm so confused." I said and buried my face in my hands.

"You've always been so selfless hermana, maybe it's time to think about yourself for once, you need to stay strong because I can't let this tear you apart, think about what's best for you." she whispered and I nodded slowly.

"I think I have to file for divorce." I said after a while, and she nodded.

"I think so too, and I'll be there every step of the way so will your family, you're not losing Lia." she said and I smiled at her slightly. I decided to spend the night at hers, I couldn't bare the thought of going home and spending another night with Leo next to me, the thought disgusted me. I ended up crying myself to sleep. I just hope I was doing the right thing.

- Lionel:
I sighed as I drove back home after spending the day with Anto. It was killing me to do this to Carolina, but at the same time I couldn't deny my feelings for Anto, that I had decided were stronger. I frowned as I stepped into an empty house, with no trace of Caro or the kids. I shook my head as I realized that she probably knew, and had left. It was better this way, I couldn't bare to tell her, so I had decided on not covering up, letting her find out by herself. I went upstairs and got into bed, avoiding her side of the bed completely, since it still had her scent lingering on the pillow.

I woke up by my phone ringing and I groaned slightly as I opened my eyes. I smiled as I saw it was Anto and answered.

"Amor." I breathed out and sat up.

"Where are you Leo?, don't tell me she's keeping you from coming? I thought you were telling her today." she said and I sighed.

"I'm on my way nena, and no she found out by herself I think." I said and she sighed.

"Thank god you got rid of her, now when are you bringing the kids over and moving out completely?" she asked and I frowned. I hadn't thought about Lia yet, and I had a feeling that Caro wouldn't give her up without a fight.

"That's not a good idea right now, besides I don't think she'll give them up that easily, especially not Lia." I said and went downstairs.

"Ok, but get over here, I'm bored and I want you to come shopping with me and Dani." she said and I grimaced at spending the day shopping with her and Daniella.

"I'll be there soon." I said and we hung up soon afterwards. I grabbed some of my things and took a quick look at the house before locking the door and leaving. As I went back to the car, a part of me felt ashamed and hurt at the thought of losing Caro. But I knew Anto was the one, it was just unfortunate that it took me too long to realize and put Caro in between...

-Carolina:
After I woke up, I immediately called mami and let her know, and made her promise me to not give Lia away, I couldn't stop Leo from taking Thiago away, but I was going to fight for Lia. Shakira stepped into the living room, just as I had finished calling mami.

"Good morning." she said softly and I smiled slightly.

"Good morning, I wish it was a good one though." I said and she frowned.

"Have you called your brother?" she asked and I shook my head.

"You better call him, you know he deserves to know." she said and I nodded. I swallowed and dialed Eddie's number. He picked up almost right away and I took a deep breath.

"Hey sissy!" he said cheerily and I pinched the bridge of my nose, I knew he'd be mad.

"Hey Eddie, I have to tell you something." I said seriously.

"What's wrong?" he said, I knew he'd detect it right away.

"Leo's been cheating. " I said softly and grimaced as he growled angrily.

"He's been what?, I'm going to kill that son of a bitch!" he said angrily and I sighed.

"Calm down, I'm filing for divorce but the important thing is to keep him away from Lia, I don't want her with Leo at the moment." I said and

"Absolutely, do you want me to hire a lawyer?" he asked and I bit my lip.

"I was hoping you could, I'd do it myself but I don't know any good ones." I said and Shakira looked down.

"I'll fix it babygirl, and stay away from Messi." he said and I nodded. We hung up and I sighed.

"This is probably the shortest marriage in history, it's only been three months." I said sadly and Shakira shook her head.

"I still find it hard to believe, I really thought he loved you, I guess that shows you can't trust anyone." she said sadly and I nodded. We decided to watch some movies, mainly to distract me from breaking down again. About half way through rush hour, my phone rang and I raised an eyebrow since it was an unknown number.

"Hola?" I answered and Shakira paused the movie, looking at me.

"Hola Carolina." the voice answered and I rolled my eyes when I noticed who it was.

"What do you want from me Neymar?, now is not the best time." I mumbled and Shakira shook her head.

"I just wanted to talk, I had a feeling you weren't ok." he said and I frowned.

"I'm seriously not in the mood right now." I said and he sighed.

"Fine, but promise me to call back?" he asked and I rolled my eyes before agreeing. We hung up shortly after that and Shakira looked at me, raising her eyebrow, waiting for an explanation.

"What was that?" she asked and I just shook my head.

"Neymar's been calling me for a couple of months, he says he's in love with me or something, I have a feeling he's the reason why Leo wanted us to get married so fast, he was a threat." I said and she frowned.

"And what did he want now?" she asked and I shrugged.

"He wanted to talk." I said and she nodded.

"Are you calling him back?" she asked and I looked down before nodding.

"I need to really move on, besides I'm curious about what he wants." I said and Shakira nodded.

"You didn't deserve any of this Caro, and it's important to get Leo to see what he's missing out on, what he lost when he decided to be stupid." she said and I nodded.

"Who do you think he cheated on you with?" she asked curiously and I blinked.

"I'm not sure, but after spending forever thinking about it last night, I'm pretty sure it's Antonella, Leo may be a jerk, but he wouldn't sleep around with strangers." I said and she nodded.

"If it's Antonella, then he's truly an idiot, she's only after his money and Leo's just thickheaded for not seeing it, trading in true love for someone who doesn't even love him." she said and I looked down.

"It's hard to say Shak, they spent years together before they divorced, it's natural for him to have those feelings, I was obviously just a distraction, there's no way his feelings for me are as strong as his feelings for her, he wouldn't have cheated if he truly loved me." I said and she frowned.

"That woman left him and her child, he was devastated when she left and you fixed him and brought him back to life, if that isn't love then I don't know what he expects love to be like, just promise me to not forgive him when he realizes that he's made a mistake." she said and I nodded.

"As much as I love him Shak, there's absolutely no way that I'll forgive him, not when he's been with another woman, I don't believe in second chances Shak, and this is it, he really blew it this time, and there's no coming back." I said and she nodded.

"I'm proud of you hermana." she whispered and I smiled weakly. It was the truth, and as much as it hurt, I needed to forget Leo. He was now only Lia's father and nothing else.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 43

Thanks to Jayme112234, ArsenalFanKT and bxmenjivar for the comments!

Happy reading!
xxx