Status: In progress

I Need Your Love

Who, being loved, is poor?

- Carolina:
It had been yet another couple of days, and I was now sitting in front of my lawyer with mami, papi and Eddie by my side. I had sent Leo the divorce papers two days ago, but he had refused to sign them. So that was the main reason for meeting with my lawyer.

"There's no easy way I can say this to you senora." he said and I frowned.

"What is it?" I asked and Eddie wrapped his arms around me.

"Senor Messi demands to have full custody of Thalia, in exchange of divorce." he said and I gasped.

"That's not acceptable, she's the madre senor Garcia, doesn't she have some rights?" papi said, fuming.

"As far as I know she does, but only if she reaches to a conclusion with senor Messi, we can't move forward until he signs the papers." senor Garcia said and I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

"Then I'll talk with him, but I'm not giving up Lia." I said firmly and he nodded.

"That can be arranged, in fact it can be arranged right now if you want to?" he asked and I looked at mami before swallowing and nodding.

"Splendid, now you wait here whilst I arrange things." he said and I nodded. He left the room and we were left alone.

"Are you sure you want to do this?, we can always sue." Eddie said and I nodded.

"There's only one way to solve things, and as much as I hate him for what he did, he is Lia's father and deserves to see her." I said and he frowned before nodding. About an hour later, the door to the office opened and senor Garcia stepped in with Leo and his lawyer. I swallowed and avoided looking at him. Senor Garcia cleared his throat and I looked at him.
"I think it's better if we step out and give them space to talk." he said and they all nodded.

"We'll be right behind the door mi hija." mami whispered and I smiled at her, nodding. When they had all stepped out, Leo took a seat in front of me and I gulped. Things were pretty awkward and quiet between us for a while, until Leo cleared his throat.

"Lo siento for putting you through this." he said softly, making me look up at him. I just shook my head and scoffed.

"You should have thought about that before sleeping with her." I said quietly, looking down again.

"I can't control my feelings Carolina, the question is why you want to take my daughter away from me." he said, and I just shook my head.

"You're the one demanding full custody of her." I said angrily and he just sighed.

"I don't want her around Antonella, there's no way I'm having my daughter around her." I said, shaking my head firmly.

"So you want me to hide her from my family?, From her brother?" he asked and I glared at him.

"There's no compromising this Leo, I don't want Lia around the woman who ruined my marriage, that's it, no turning back." I said and he rolled his eyes.

"And I don't want her growing up with another man that she'll call papa, but that's not anything I can control, I can't stop you from moving on and you can't stop me either." he said and I just scoffed.

"You don't get it do you?, Whatever you're planning Leo, I won't give up until I can protect my daughter from that woman, and if it means not signing the divorce papers, then so be it." I said, before storming out of the room. If he wanted to mess around, then I would as well. After leaving the lawyer's office, I went back to Shakira, who was looking after Lia. As she opened the door she frowned at me. I just grabbed Lia and held her close to me.

"What happened?" Shakira asked and I sighed.

"Well it appears that I'm still married, and I'll probably be married for a while." I said and she shook her head.

"What did he do?" she asked as I sat down with Lia.

"He demanded full custody of Lia in exchange for divorce and I refused." I said and explained what had happened.

"Well I'm proud of you, and I can't believe what an ass Leo is being." she said and I nodded.

"What happened with Neymar?" she asked and I chuckled. He had called me back two days ago, upset that I hadn't called him and we had gone out for lunch.

"It was ok I guess, but I'm not really ready to get involved yet, and I sort of feel guilty since I'm still married." I said and she nodded.

"You're right but don't feel guilty about still being married, Leo didn't and you should relax and have some fun too." she said and I laughed.

"Define fun." I said and she shrugged.

"I don't know, maybe let go a little and see what happens between you and Neymar, who knows, he might be amazing." she said and I raised an eyebrow.

"Are you serious?" I asked and she nodded.

"Well I don't know, but I guess I could let things happen naturally, maybe this is exactly what I need." I said and she nodded.

"Let go, show Leo how much he's missing, make him regret it." she said and I nodded. She was right, as long as I kept an eye on Lia, there was no reason for me to stay by myself while he had fun.

"I don't know what I'd do without you, thank you for being here." I said and she smiled.

"There's nothing you need to thank me for, I know you'd do the same." she said and I smiled, hugging her. I grabbed my phone and dialed Neymar, I needed to move on now, Leo and I weren't happening ever again, so I better move on and forget. I smiled when he picked up.

"Hey I was wondering if you are free later tonight?" I asked and Shakira smiled at me, nodding her head.

"Hey Caro, and yeah I've got nothing special planned." he said.

"Do you want to head out for a drink then?" I asked shyly and he laughed.

"Absolutely, but I'd rather have you over at mine, the last thing we want is to alert media." he said and I agreed.

"Great, then I'll see you soon." I said and we hung up. As I got up to get ready, I couldn't help but feel guilty anyways, however I brushed the feeling off, I was having fun tonight and I wasn't having Leo ruining it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 44

Thanks to Jayme112234 and bxmenjivar for the comments

Happy reading!
xxx