Status: In progress

I Need Your Love

Take away love and our earth is a tomb

-Carolina:
It's been about a week since Leo called, and I'd been ignoring his calls every since. I fact, I dreaded to meet him at the doctor's appointment for the baby that I had booked for tomorrow. I sighed as I got out of bed and went downstairs. Just as I got downstairs, the door bell ran and I groaned before wrapping a blanket around me and opening the door. I gasped slightly as I spotted Leo on the other side.

"Caro." he breathed out, looking at me. I just closed my eyes and shook my head.

"What are you doing here Lionel?" I asked and he flinched at my tone.

"You haven't been answering my calls." he said simply and I rolled my eyes.

"It might have been because I'm avoiding you." I mumbled and he sighed.

"I have a doctor's appointment booked for us today." he said simply and my eyes widened.

"As far as I'm concerned, I booked an appointment for tomorrow." I muttered and he shook his head.

"I want the best care for you and our baby, that doctor you booked an appointment with simply wasn't good enough." he said and I glared at him.

"You don't get to decide things for me Lionel." I said firmly and he rolled his eyes.

"I love you, besides you're my wife and I simply want the best for you." he said and I scoffed.

"If you loved me you wouldn't have cheated." I mumbled and he blinked before looking at me seriously.

"I love you, I had a moment of weakness and I'm going to spend the rest of my life asking for forgiveness if that's what it takes, but don't say I don't love you." he said and I just sighed.

"I don't trust you anymore, as far as I'm concerned you might have been pretending all this time, there's a chance your love for me was all lies." I said and he shook his head.

"I love you, more than anything in the entire world, I love you so much it hurts." he whispered and I closed my eyes.

"I'll be down shortly, let me just get changed." I said, ignoring what he said completely. After I got changed, I went back down and left the house, spotting Leo standing right where I left him.

"I want the divorce Lionel." I said as we got in his car and he shook his head, before looking at me.

"Never, I refuse to sign the papers." he muttered and started the car.

"We can't work things out, we're done Lionel." I said softly and he sighed before pulling the car over and stopping. I furrowed my eyebrows at he got out of the car and came to my side. He opened the door and reached over to unbuckle my seatbelt.

"We need to talk." he said as he unbuckled me and dragged me out. I shook my head and let go of his hand, wrapping my arms around my body as it was slightly chilly.

"What do you want to talk about?" I asked as we sat on a bench nearby. He ran his hand through his hair, before looking at me.

"I want to work things out." he stated simply and I sighed.

"It won't work." I said and he rolled his eyes.

"Why do you always say it won't work when you haven't tried?" he muttered, and I could tell he was annoyed.

"I'm scared." I said after a while and he froze, before inching closer to me, but I shook my head and kept my distance.

"Why are you scared?" he said and I shrugged.

"I'm scared of getting hurt, I'm scared of getting attached to you again when I've just started to let you go, I'm scared of losing you, I'm scared of loving you." I said and he blinked before grabbing my hand. I could still feel the immediate tingle and butterflies when he touched me, just as the very first time we met.

"If I promise you that you'll never ever have to feel this way again, that I'll never leave you again. If I promise to love you and cherish you, will you consider in changing your mind?" he said and I looked down.

"I still love you, that's not anything I'm going to ignore, but the problem here is trust." I said and he nodded, before getting up and dragging me along, back to the car.

"I'm still not giving up until I can kiss you and love you again, we're not done talking amor." he said and I gasped slightly at the nickname, which he used to call me all the time.

"We'll see." I said simply and he smiled, obviously since this was the first time I didn't say no. We arrived at the hospital and went in, as soon as I had registered my name, a nurse came and ushered us in to the room, where the midwife was. I changed and got into the hospital gown.

"Hola senora Messi, please have a seat." the midwife said, gesturing to the bed. I grimaced slightly as she used my new surname, but Leo was beaming. After she did the exam, it was time to listen to the heartbeat, and I was nervous.

"Alright senora, the baby seems healthy and lets listen to the heartbeat." she said and I smiled. Leo gripped my hand and I didn't let go. Suddenly the sound of our baby's heartbeat came and I smiled, but the midwife was frowning.

"What's wrong?" I asked frantically and she just furrowed her eyebrows, before taking out the ultrasound machine again.

"I hear another heartbeat." she said and I gasped whilst Leo stiffened. I winced slightly as she put the cold gel on, but smiled when she pointed to the screen.

"Well senor and senora, it seems as if you're having twins." she said and I laughed.

"Twins?, are they healthy?" Leo asked frantically and the midwife smiled.

"Si senor, I had just missed one of them on the ultrasound, which is fairly normal." she said and he nodded. After we had gone through everything, I changed back into my clothes and we left.

"How do you feel about having twins?" Leo asked and I smiled before shrugging.

"it doesn't really matter, makes me more excited." I said and he nodded. He drove back to Eddie's house, and as I was about to get out, he grabbed my hand and turned me around. Without another word, he kissed me swiftly before letting me go.

"Te amo." he said simply before I swallowed and left. As I watched him drive away, I couldn't believe he still had this effect on me. I shook my head and went inside, I needed to think about what I wanted before I hurt someone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 49!

Thanks to Ladyfiaran and Jayme112234 for the comments

Happy reading!
xxx