Status: In progress

I Need Your Love

Touch seems to be as essential as sunlight

- Carolina:
After the doctor's appointment with Leo, everything had changed. I was still ignoring Leo, but I didn't really feel like I hated him anymore, and at the same time my feelings for Neymar had grown stronger. I hadn't really pursued anything with Neymar, we were still friends, even though I knew how much he wanted more. I sighed as I put Lia to sleep and went downstairs, to where Eddie, Maria Sol, Shakira and Gerard were talking. I noticed Eddie was speaking with Gerard in the kitchen, whilst the girls were sitting in the living room. They smiled when I approached them.

"Hey chica!" Shakira said and I hugged her, before hugging Maria as well.

"How are you?" Maria asked and I sighed.

"Good, I guess, but extremely confused." I said and they both frowned.

"What did my brother do now?" Maria asked and I just shook my head.

"He suddenly decided that he wants me back." I said and they were silent for a while.

"And how do you feel about that?" Shakira asked and I frowned.

"I don't know." I said and she nodded.

"What about Neymar?" Maria asked and I closed my eyes.

"I definitely feel something for him, but I don't know, maybe it's better for the twins and Lia to have Leo back in my life." I said and she nodded.

"But still think about yourself hermana, you're the one who's going to live with him, even though I believe that you belong together, the most important thing is for you to feel comfortable." Shakira insisted and I smiled

"I think I need to talk to Leo and give Neymar a chance, it might be good if I try a relationship with Neymar, things feel so forced with Leo now, even though I might love him." I said and they sighed.

"You do whatever feels right, but remember that love doesn't happen twice." Maria said and I nodded.

"I know, I'm just not sure if love is enough when it comes to me and Leo, there's some serious lack of trust." I said and they frowned.

"Love is the most important thing Caro, without love there's no trust, and trust is something that comes after a while." Maria said and I just shook my head.

"I just wish you could tell me what to do, I don't want to hurt either of them, and with choosing, someone's gonna get hurt." I said and Shakira shook her head.

"It's your choice chica, there's nothing I can say that'll make things easier." she said and I nodded. Just as I was about to turn the tv on, my phone rang and I sighed as I saw it was Leo.

"Hola." I answered and Maria and Shakira raised an eyebrow.

"Amor." Leo breathed out and I sighed.

"What is it Lionel?" I asked stiffly, I was stilly pretty uncomfortable around him.

"You didn't tell me you've been spending time with Neymar." he said after a while and I closed my eyes.

"We're not together Lionel, I think it's ok considering the circumstances, besides we haven't even done anything." I said and he scoffed.

"We're still married amor!" he said and I rolled my eyes.

"That didn't stop you from cheating." I mumbled and he sighed.

"Lo siento mi amor, just give me a chance por favor!" he said and I shook my head.

"You don't need to beg Leo." I muttered and he didn't say anything.

"I'll do anything to get you back, I'll even go down on my hands and knees if that's what it takes." he said and I frowned.

"I have feelings for Neymar, at least I think so." I blurted out and he exhaled.

"But you love me, don't let a fling ruin things for us, think about Lia, Thiago and the twins!" he said and I shook my head.

"Fine Lionel, I'll give you a chance, but only for our children." I said after a while of being silent, before hanging up.

"I know it might be difficult to see this now, but you did the right thing chica, there's this thing between you and Leo, you can't function without each other." Shakira said and I sighed as I dialed Neymar's number.

"I hope you're right Shak, because I'm about to hurt someone I care for." I said and she nodded. I gulped as I waited for Neymar to answer.

"Olá?" he answered and I sighed.

"Hey Ney." I said and played with my hair.

"Carolina." he breathed out. After staying silent for a while, I mustered up enough courage and told him about what I had done. He didn't say anything for a long time and I bit my lip.

"I hate that he has this effect on you, but I understand that you're doing this for the children, I'll always love you Carolina, just know that." he said before hanging up. I sighed and closed my eyes. This was difficult, I hated hurting people, especially people I cared about. I just hope I did the right thing here.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 50!

Thanks to Ladyfiaran, Jayme112234 and nicole 555 for the comments!

Happy reading!
xxx