Status: In progress

I Need Your Love

Love is the triumph of imagination over intelligence

-Carolina:
After fighting with Eddie, I hadn't spoken to him every since. I had spent the last couple of hours in my room, texting with Shakira. Eventually I heard the front door slam shut and realized that Eddie had left. I got up to get ready, since Leo was picking me up soon. I put on jeans and a simple red blouse, curling my hair and putting on a little amount of makeup. I wasn't aiming to impress Leo, I wanted him to see the real me and nothing else, then he could decide if he wanted to see me again or not. As I put some lip-balm on, my phone rang and I answered when I saw it was Leo.

"Hola." I answered and he laughed slightly.

"Hola, are you ready?, I'm outside waiting." he said and I looked out the window, seeing a car parked in the driveway.

"Yeah, I just have to put on my shoes, I'll be down soon." I said and hung up. I quickly took one last look in the mirror, before heading out of my room, putting on my shoes and going out, locking the door after. I walked to the car and Leo got out meeting me halfway.

"Hi." I said softly as he stood in front of me.

"Hi." he whispered and grabbed my hand.

"You look absolutely beautiful Carolina." Leo said and I blushed before clearing my throat.

"Thank you, you don't look so bad yourself, now we should probably go." I said and he laughed before nodding, moving over and opening the car door for me. I smiled and got in. He walked around and got into the drivers seat quickly and started the car. I bit my lip as he drove to his house, I felt nervous about this date, especially how I would tell him that I knew about his son. Eventually we got to his house, and got out of the car. Leo grabbed my hand and led me inside his house. I could smell dinner, and I was surprised that he cooked.

"You cook?" I asked curiously and he smiled and nodded.

"Yeah, mami practically forced me when she realized how unhealthy I was being." he said and I laughed.

"That's great, I just wish someone would teach my dad and my brother how to cook, they're the laziest people on earth." I said as I helped him set the table.

"Your brother mentioned that you're adopted." Leo murmured and I sighed.

"Yes, we were adopted by my parents at birth, our biological parents didn't want us for some reason." I said and Leo frowned.

"But you still have your last name?" he said and I nodded.

"When we were adopted, our parents didn't want to rename us or change our surnames, so it would be easier to find our biological parents if we wanted to, later in the future." I said and he nodded.

"Do you want to find them?" he asked softly as we sat down to eat. I sighed and nodded.

"I do, but Eddie doesn't and I can't get the search up alone, I need is consent and his help." I said and Leo nodded.

"Why do you want to find them?, are you not happy with your family?" he asked curiously and I closed my eyes.

"I love my parents more than anything in the world, but I'm always wondering how my real mom looks, if I have any other siblings, if my dad is tall, if I'm from a hispanic country, but the most important question I want answered is why they abandoned us, why we weren't enough." I said and looked down.

"I understand, it must be terrible, do you know exactly where you're from?" he asked and reached his hand across the table, placing it on my hand.

"No, we were told it was some place in South America, but I've googled our last name and unfortunately Alvarez is the most common surname in every country except possibly Brazil." I said and Leo frowned.

"In my opinion you both look Argentinian somehow, but there's something else there as well." he said and I raised an eyebrow.

"You really think so?" I asked and he nodded.

"Yeah, that was the first thing I noticed about you, you look Argentinian and I was surprised when I realized you weren't." he said and I laughed slightly.

"That's a new one, people usually think I'm middle eastern or something." I said and he laughed.

"Leo, I know you have a son." I whispered gently after a while, deciding it was better to get it out. He raised an eyebrow and looked at me.

"How did you find out?." he asked and I sighed.

"That's not important Leo, what's important is that I won't think less of you or leave because you have a son, if we'd ever start anything between us, I'd want your son as much as I want you." I said, making sure that he understood that I would be there for both of them.

"You have no idea how much that means Carolina, his mother didn't understand that and left as soon as he was born, without a single glance, she even turned in her rights, giving me full custody." he said softly, looking down. I realized how hurt he must have been.

"That's heartless and cruel Leo, I'll be there for you as much as I can, but only if you feel comfortable with me spending time with you and your son, it's especially important to see how your son reacts." I said and he looked at me before nodding, smiling at me widely.

"Honestly I haven't really been looking for anyone, but with you it's entirely different, I want you in me and Thiago's life." he said and I smiled.

"I want to try too, but baby steps Leo, nothing too drastic." I said and he nodded, stroking my hand softly. I smiled at him, squeezing his hand back.

"I know, but how long are we keeping this from your brother?" he asked and I sighed.

"Since you're son is involved, I'd say it's better if we keep it from him until we realize that we're staying together, I don't want to involve my brother and the rest of the world, having Thiago go through huge amounts of pressure." I said and he nodded.

"You read my mind there Carolina, I'm happy you think about Thiago." he said and I smiled.

"He comes first, no matter what Leo, he's already lost his mother, the last thing he needs is more pressure." I said and Leo nodded.

"Do you mind me asking why you know so much about children in pressure?" Leo asked and I shook my head.

"No, I don't mind, I have some volunteer work back in Stockholm, where I work with children going through divorces or children who lost a parent, or both parents, I act like a mentor, someone they can talk to without any worries." I said and Leo smiled.

"That's amazing Carolina, working as a volunteer is always amazing, but this is just extraordinary, how come you decided to do it?" he asked curiously and I smiled.

"I have a very close friend, she's almost as my sister, and she spoke about her parents divorce and how it affected her, and I've always been tortured with the thought of who my real parents were and I guess that sort of made me want to help children." I said and he nodded.

"Do you have any plans for what you want to work with yet?" he asked and I frowned.

"No, not really and that's scary, everyone's expecting me to work, and start thinking about family soon, and it's difficult to meet up with everyone's expectations and at the same time find myself." I said and Leo frowned.

"You're only twenty, you have your entire life in front of you, you shouldn't let others break you down." he said softly and I sighed before nodding.

"I know, but it's difficult to keep up most times." I said and looked at our hands, every since Leo grasped my hand, I hadn't let go. After dinner, I helped Leo clean up the dishes and after we put everything in the dishwasher, Leo turned around and faced me.

"This has been amazing Caro, and I can't wait to know more of you." he said and I blushed.

"Yeah, this has been pretty great Leo, I can't wait to see you again." I said and he smiled, looking me in the eyes, and then glancing down at my lips.

"Can I kiss you?" he whispered thickly and I just nodded. As soon as he got the ok from me, he crashed his lips against mine and I moaned slightly as we kissed. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he pulled me against him, lifting me up slightly. After kissing for a while, we were interrupted by his phone ringing and he groaned before pulling away, answering his phone but still holding me against him.

"Que?" he answered slightly annoyed and I giggled. Suddenly his eyes widened and I raised an eyebrow.

"Of course, lo siento Shakira, I'm on my way." he said and I realized what he meant.

"I'm sorry to have to end this, but I have to pick up Thiago." he said and stroked my cheek. I smiled and pecked his lips gently.

"It's your son Leo, we can always meet up later, go get your son." I said and he smiled.

"Would you mind staying here, I want him to meet you." he said and I shook my head.

"First of all, it's too early to introduce me to Thiago, lets move slowly, and secondly I have to go home so Eddie won't suspect anything." I said and he sighed before nodding.

"I'll drive you." he said and I shook my head.

"I believe there's a boy who longs for his daddy, it's best if I catch a cab." I said and he chuckled.

"Where have you been all my life?, you're amazing." he said and I blushed. We kissed one last time before I left his house, after calling a cab, entering the cab and waving to Leo one last time before the cab drove away. I smiled on the way home and gently touched my lips, this would be amazing. I just hope we could have the chance to get to know each other before Eddie found out, I knew he would eventually.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 7!

Happy reading!
xxx