Love & Death

band t's and secrets

I sat on the couch in my music room, waiting what seemed like an eternity for my band to come over for practice. As I wrote down some lyrics for a new song, my mom came in.
“So you're good, you're positive you don't wanna come with me and your brother” she asked as she made me get up to give her a hug.
“Thanks for the offer, but I'm okay on my own. I won't do anything stupid and if I do, I'll call you. Don't let the fact that I'm 19 fool you”, we pulled apart and she sighed. My mom and my brother, Dom, were going off to visit some family up north; I personally don't get along with any of them and had no urge to see them.
She kissed my cheek and headed out the door, I followed her out to the porch and waved them off as they left. I walked back into the house and seen myself in a mirror, I noticed that I was still in my pajamas and looked like a wreck. I ran up to my room to change into some black skinnies and my new Tokio Hotel T-Shirt that I picked up from Hot Topic. As I put on my make up the doorbell rang, I rushed down the stairs to get it, but as I went to the front door nobody was to be found.
“IN HERE!” Yelled Turtle, the drummer in my band, with his deep German accent, “You are to slow my dear, I couldn't wait any longer” I walked into the music room and walked over to him as he sat down in front of the drums. He looked up from fixing the symbols, his eyes never reached mine, he was fixed on my shirt.
I looked closer to him and he didn't seem to please with my shirt. “What, you don't like Tokio Hotel. I'd figure since you're from Germany that you would like them” He snorted as he turned to the drums and started to play them, I just stood there surprised by how he was acting. Usually Turtle was chill and fun loving.
I heard the front door open and seconds later Alexis and Mike came walking through the door. Alexis was my guitarist and my closest friend along with Turtle. Mike was the strangest and yet coolest girl that I had ever meant, she was also the most girlie too, which was strange since her name was so masculine.
“Thanks for knocking you guys, it makes me feel so much safer” I laughed, Alexis just stuck her tongue out. “Did you guys know that Turtle doesn't like Tokio Hotel?”
Mike and Alexis both laughed at that. “Well this will suck for you then, cause I just bought there new album and I plan on listening to it while I'm here” Alexis said and pulled it out from the Hot Topic bag that Mike was holding.
Mike pulled out a couple of new picks, then tossed the bag to me. “There you go, I knew you needed some new ones” she said and I looked in it to see there was some nose hoops for me. I gave her a hug and thanked her for them. She suddenly turned and looked to Turtle as me and Alexis started to get ready for practice. “Why don't you like Tokio Hotel, you share the same last name as the Kaulitz twins”
At that moment me and Alexis both looked to him in shock. “How did we not even think of that.” I shook my head in disbelief of how stupid I was for not thinking of that, the fact that Mike noticed that only made me more upset since she wasn't the sharpest crayon in the box.
Turtle sighed and looked at us. “The truth is that they are my cousins from my dad's side, I can't stand them. When we were little Tom had broke one of my dads war time pieces and blamed it on me. My dad beat me with his belt and left this” He lifted up his shirt showing a fairly long cut mark going down his side. “Plus they got famous to young and it went to their heads. So yea... I don't really like to tell people”
“SEE! This is why I can't stand Tom, he cares for no one but himself” Alexis said and went mumbling on as she picked up her guitar.
So many things went threw my head at that moment, I couldn't get out the right words. Alexis came over and smacked the back of my head, I glared at her then looked back to him. I ran over to Turtle and grabbed him by his shoulders. “I know you don't like them, but just think that if you forgive them, we could actually stand a chance in this damn music industry. We could finally make a dent and people would know our name”
He just laughed and looked at me, I gave him my puppy dog eyes. “I want to, I do, but I can't just forgive them for all the years of torture they caused for me”
“I'll finally give you that kiss that you've been asking for if they help us, plus once we get real gig's you can get some money” He thought about it and then sighed.
“I'll do it, but you better keep that promise, Bliss” He got out his phone, got up and walked out of the room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Before I get asked this, yes this is already a story, it is my story on a different website. I wrote it about 5 years ago and decided i wanted to update it and put it on here. It will not be exactly the same as my old one because i have gotten older and my writing style has changed.