Stuck in This Hell

I'm the Life of The Party

I was the center of attention, one girl dangling on my hip, another flirtatiously running her fingertips up and down my arm. Cheers echoed as everyone sang happy birthday to yours truly. Finally, I was 18, officially an adult, yet, for some reason, I wasn't satisfied. All birthday's where the same, nothing different, I wanted something different, no, needed it.

"So, how do you feel Mr. Eighteen year old?" Questioned a red head, scrawny, small, the complete opposite from me, but regardless, he was my best friend.

"Honestly? The exact same as I did before." I admitted, raking my hand through my caramel wisps of hair.

The girl on me was completely wasted, and it didn't take much to finally get her to leave me alone. Don't get me wrong, I love the attention, but I had a feeling she was going to barf on me any second. She downed half the beers in my fridge before I could stop her, and her face was turning greener by the second, I wouldn't risk it. A hot chick throwing up on me, not exactly what I call a happy birthday present. My gaze shifted over to the clock on the wall, sighing.

"It's already 12? If my parents come home to find this place a wreck, they'll skin me alive." The red head pat me on the back.

"No worries, I'll help ya clean up," he grinned as he yanked the plug that hooked up to the stereo, out, "Parties over!!"

He hollered, the crowd groaned, but headed to the door. They all knew what would happen if they were caught. The last time I held a party, it ended up with my parents giving all of them, a two hour speech on why teenage parties with alcohol were bad, along with phone calls to their parents. "Sorry everyone," I apologized, thanking everyone for coming, and patting the back of a few jock friends.

"Sammy, maybe I can give you a special birthday gift later," winked a blonde as she pressed her lips to mine, her hips swaying back and forth as she followed the crowd out.

"I hate that girl." I grumbled under my breath as I shut and locker the front door, the red head blinking in confusion.

"Really? I always thought you had a thing for her, I mean... She did just kiss you, right?"

I grabbed at a few paper plates that were left on the table, tossing them into a garbage bag.

"Just because I kiss someone, doesn't mean I like them. Don't get me wrong, she's cute, but she tries WAY too hard to be sexy." The red head only laughed.

"Like me?" He teased, I laughed and nodded my head.

"Yes, just like you."

~~~~
I laid on the ground of my living room, yawning. It would have took days to clean up the mess, but thanks to my friend, we finished cleaning around two hours after everyone left.

"Finally, we're done cleaning." I said as I sat up, glancing over to my friend that was taking down the happy birthday sign.

"Thanks for helping." My friend shook his head.

"No problem."

Me and Ethan have been friends since Preschool. I can faintly remember all the kids making fun of the bright orange haired kid with glasses, and little me jumping in to be the heroic hero. Complete opposites, really did attract.

"You staying the night?" I asked, Ethan nodding his head.

"Yeah, probably. Mom's boyfriend is a complete brick. I swear, I don't think I've ever seen him smile, I refuse to go home if he's there." I opened my mouth to respond, when the door swung open, mom and dad stepping inside.

"Hello Mrs. And Mr. Richardson." My mother smiled, she liked Ethan. He was the paragon of perfection, straight A student, and a complete suck up to get anyone to like him.

"Hello Ethan. Are you staying over again tonight?" Asked my mom, Ethan nodded.

"Yep, seems like it!" My mother nodded, "Alright, you two, don't stay up too late, understand?"

We both shook our heads, and spoke in unison, “Yep!"

I can't exactly say we listened to what my mom told us. Ethan passed out at around four in the morning, and I followed a few hours later. It was a Saturday, so I didn't have to worry about heading off to school. I woke up somewhere in the afternoon, sitting upright to see Ethan playing on my Xbox.

"Still stuck on that level?" I questioned, rubbing the sleep from my eyes.

Ethan sighed, "Yes... This dragon is quite persistent, it doesn't want to die. I've been playing for the last hour, and if I can't make it to the next level, I think I'm going to break this game."

I chuckled, "Let's not do that."

Ethan set down the controller, glancing over to me with a frown.

"What?" I questioned.

"Last night you where moaning... I woke up to use the restroom, and you kept moaning and mumbling nonsense. Was it another precognition?"

I shook my head, "No, just a bunch of weirdness."

I shivered at the thought. Ever since I was younger, my dreams saw the future of what was to come. My first precognition came to me in middle school. I was sitting in class when I dozed off, and that was when I saw it. Ronald, the kid who nobody liked, got hit by a car while riding his bike. Of course, I told nobody, I didn't think anything of that dream, but... When I saw him take off on his bicycle that day, I regret not stopping him.

"What was the dream about?" Asked Ethan, his overly wide green eyes peering down at me with curiosity.

"I don't want to talk about it," I grumbled. I didn't, that dream, I couldn't comprehend it. It went by too fast. A necklace, me running, blood, a car, and a girl with silver hair? I didn't understand, but I would soon.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I originally planned for Samuel to be the main character, but while writing, I ended up making Ethan. Shall I keep Ethan in the story? Yay, or nay?