Wrong Side of Heaven

I speak in verses, prophecies, and curses

“Dean!” I exclaim, as my boyfriend walks into my apartment covered in blood; obviously not his own. “When is this going to end?”

“What are you talking about Lia?” He asks, walking into the bathroom in my bedroom.

“This!” I yell, following him, “coming into my apartment covered in blood!”

“It’s my job,” he counters, “I do this so people like you can stay safe.”

“No, this is what your dad wants you to do,” I scoff, “you can be anything you want, Dean, but your dad wants you to do this. Hunting things; it’s not healthy.”

“Your dad does the same thing.”

“He’s a demonologist, he doesn’t kill demons and the people they possess.” I counter, “he never came home to my mom covered in blood. He studies demons, Dean, he doesn’t kill them.”

“What do you want me to do Lia?” He asks, looking at me through the reflection in the mirror. “Say the word and I’ll do it.”

“Leave this life,” I tell him, “get a job as a mechanic in town. Stay here for more than a few days. Be with me. That’s all I want Dean, for you to come and actually have a life with me.” He turns around and by the look in his eyes I know he’s never going to leave this life,

“You know I can’t do that. Since Sammy left, I’m all my dad has.”

“The faithful soldier that’ll blindly follow him into battle,” a humorless chuckle escapes my lips, “this has to stop. I can’t keep doing this. If I’m going to get out of the world of demons, I can’t keep this shit in my life.”

“What are you saying, Dahlia?” Dean questions me, sadness glazing over in his eyes.

“Get cleaned up, wash off all the blood and change,” I tell him, “after that, leave. As much as I love you Dean, and trust me I do, I just can’t keep doing this. I can’t keep getting dragged into the world of the supernatural.”

“Are we really have this conversation now?” He scoffs, “are you really breaking up with me over this?”

“I want to get out of the world of demons whether it’s hunting them or studying them,” I begin, “I love you Dean Winchester; I just hate the life you lead. I’m sorry but once you've cleaned up please leave. And don’t come back…”


“So you’re saying, Rose Red wasn’t a real house?” One of my students shouts out mid lecture. “I thought it was based off real events.”

“Stephen King did base Rose Red off of a real house,” I begin to explain, “but the movie is fiction. The only reason why I bring it up in class is because of it’s relevance in parapsychology.”

“Are you going to be doing that kind of experiment with us?” Another students asks, “this time in the real house?”

“I don’t do experiments on my students,” I inform them with a laugh, “and the day I step into the Winchester Mystery House is the day I spend a night on Poveglia.” I let out a laugh, followed by the class of 20. Soon my laughing stops when I see my TA, Mike, walking into the lecture hall followed by a familiar face. “I’ll be right back,” I tell my class before walking over to the two men.

“Doctor Madison, this is Agent Banner,” Mike says pointing to the man next to him, “he says you might be able to help him with his current case.”

“You mind finishing up here?” I ask Mike. He shakes his head no before walking towards the class. I turn to the man left and smile, “follow me to my office Agent…” He nods his head before we head to my office, locking the door behind us..

“It’s good to see you Dahlia,”

“Cut the shit Sam,” I snap, “what are you doing here really? You must know I don’t hunt anymore.”

“You also said you wanted nothing to do with demons,” he counters, “but I see you took an interested in demonology like your dad.”

“I’ve got a doctorate in Parapsychology.” I counter, “yes I deal with paranormal and the supernatural, but it’s nothing like what you and Dean do.” Sam winces at the mention of his older brother. To a normal person it would be barely noticeable, but not to me. “Seriously Sam, why are you here? It’s been over ten years since I last saw a Winchester on my doorstep asking for my help.”

“It’s Dean,” he sighs fiddling with the arm he has in a cast, “he hasn’t been the normal.”

“He’s a Winchester, normal isn’t exactly in your vocab.”

“The last year, he hasn’t been himself.” Sam begins, “you know about Abaddon, right?”

“In Greek is means The Destroyer,” I state, “but she was a Knight of Hell. What about her?”

“We had problems with her and had to kill her,”

“Naturally,” I cut him off, “but what does ganking a demon have to do with Dean acting un-Dean-like.”

“The only way to kill a Knight of Hell is by using the First Blade…”

“As in the same blade Cain used to kill Abel?”

“You still remember your bible stories I see,” Sam laughs, “but yea that blade. And the only way to use the blade is to have the mark of Cain.”

“So Cain helped you?” I ask.

“He transferred the Mark of Cain over to Dean,” he explains. “The Mark changed him. He was then killed by Metatron--”

“The angel scribe killed him?” I question, completely clueless, “and if he’s dead why do you need me to help you when it comes to him?”

“He was turned into a demon,” Sam’s infamous bitchface washes over his face. He’s clearly annoyed with my constant interruptions.

I can feel the blood drain from my face as my heart stops and a shiver dances up my spine, “Dean’s a demon? How?”

“He was in hell for 40 years and he has the Mark of Cain, do the math Dahlia.”

“Can’t you just exorcise him?” I ask, “if he’s a demon, you can do that right? Just get the demon out of him.”

“Crowley, the King of Hell, says the only demon inside of Dean is his own.”

“So are you really going to believe a demon?” I ask, “they do lie, you know?”

“If there is one person in the world that can bring Dean back, it’ll be you.” He states, looking at me with puppy eyes, “demon or not, you always know how to get through to Dean.”

“Sammy, I haven’t seen your brother in over ten years,” I sigh, “I don’t know who he is anymore. I want to help you, truly I do, but I can’t.”

“Can’t or won’t?” Sam snaps.

A sigh escaeps my lips a I go to unlock the door, “both, Sam, both.” I open the door and walk out, leaving Sam there alone in my office...
♠ ♠ ♠
Dahlia; in class

This is the first time I wrote about Supernatural in over 2 years. Hope this works out. I miss writing about Sam and Dean.

comment&subscribe?