Cheers to "Friends"

[05] "I'll Take You"

Three excruciating hours went by. I know what you people are probably thinking; and No. It’s not that Kane’s bad at History, he’s pretty good but he’s just really bad at dates and facts of events. To tell you the truth it wasn’t that excruciating, we actually had quite a lot of fun talking about infamous people in History. We even started playing a little game on finding a totalitarian for every country.

“What about Spain?” he whispered.

There was a silent moment as I pondered over dictators of history. “Franco!” I squealed excitedly. What can I say? History was just something that I always liked.

A wide grin played across Kane’s face as he looked at me; my cheeks played up on their own accord. After about 2 seconds of him just looking at me and me going beet red, I felt a tap on my back. I twisted my body around to see the librarian behind me; looking very stern I will add.

“This is the library, in libraries you stay silent.” She stressed. I gave her a reassuring grin to signify her not to worry. She returned it with a tighter line pulled across her lips and stalked off; in a quiet fashion, of course

I turned around to see Kane sniggering, and then it hit me like a truck. Kane wasn’t looking at me, giving me a grin before, he was grinning at the librarian; because he knew what was going to go down!

With that, a sense of doing something to him came over me so I only did what my body told me to do; I stood up, leant across the table, making sure I looked at him intently for a couple of seconds I swear I saw his eyes change from that emerald green to that more darker blue-grey, that almost looked like the color of a storm coming. It was the same color that I witnessed in the lunch queue.. He seemed to have more of this shocked look slapped on his face with a slight blush, the closer I got to him. Those emotions seemed to radiate out of him and I took it with one of those smirks as I shortened the void between us. His eyes widened as I was closing in on the near 15 centimeters, and with that I stopped abruptly to give out an even bigger smirk, and smacked him lightly on his head.

Sniggering, I sat down; and gave little glance in his direction. He looked at me bemused with my action while still rubbing the part of his head where I had just hit him; and merely asked “What was that for?”

In return I lifted my shoulders with a shrug and a playful glee came across my eyes. He replicated my facial expressions which seemed just as fitting on him as it seemed to have on me.

Caught up in the moment, I looked down at my watch to see the time. It was 3 o’clock, and the bus to town was going to leave in 15 minutes. A sense of panic overcame our giddy moment.

“Shit! I’m late!” I whispered.

“Huh?”

“I need to go.”

“Where?”

“Brighton.”

“Oh Ok.”

I quickly closed the books and shoved them into my messenger bag once again. He seemed to follow my actions too, stuffing his pen in his pencil case.

We both quickly rushed out of the library doors. Being the klutz I was, I didn’t look down as we descended the stairs and managed to miss a step or two and fell the whole way down banging my tailbone against each and every single step there was. The impact of this made my squeal treble every time I landed on a step.

I finally landed on the floor with my legs slightly crossed, and I kind of bracing my knees with my eyes tight shut. As soon I found out that there would be no more bumping down the stairs my hand automatically guided itself towards my coccyx, I touched the sore area lightly and forfeited a tiny “yelp”. Soon after Kane caught up with me and pulled me up lightly to ease pressure I might have felt if I just stood up on my own accord.

“Are you ok?”

“Just… peachy” I commented sarcastically.

He gave me a reassuring smile as I slowly let go of him (He didn’t seem to be very keen on that idea as I had to give him a reassuring squeeze on his hands that were wrapped around my waist.). I started to walk by myself steadily, counting each step as if I were one of the Queen’s soldiers, guarding Buckingham Palace. After three or four steps I turned around to see him staring at me intently. I guess it was just to make sure I wasn’t going to fall back or something. I wasn’t sure or anything because he seemed to have this un-readable expression across his face. I waved my hand as a good-bye gesture and walked off sturdily to the direction of my house, as to make sure I didn’t think anything of the way he was watching me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Jesus Christ, that's a pretty face
The kind you'd find on someone that could save
If they don't put me away
Well, it'll be a miracle

Do you believe you're missing out
That everything good is happening somewhere else?
But with nobody in your bed
The night's hard to get through.”

Underneath my feet lay grey tarmac which contrasted, with the light blue that seemed to have taken over the sky. The shrubs and flowers around me seemed to be manicured in the most orderly fashion as I continued predicting which colored flower would be next. I walked down the driveway with my iPod turned up as loud as it could; concentrating on the words of the song; until I realized that the bus that was usually there was gone. I quickly raised my arm that possessed my watch towards my face to see it was exactly 3:20. I was five minutes late, and the bus left. Annoyance was coming over me, and I swung around on the heel of my royal blue flats and stomped off in the direction I came from.

With a huff, I collapsed on the bench where I usually spent time pondering over my life on. I sprawled across the bench making sure my back was at the sky so I could act dead with my hands touching the floor. How could this happen? I was only five minutes late. I drew circles in the grass, and concentrated on a shadow on the ground that seemed to be nearing me. I didn’t think much of it as I thought it were my feet making the silhouette. If I just kept a better track of time I could -

“Hey, I thought you were going into town.” I looked up slightly scared out of my pants to see Kane interrupting my thoughts.

“Uhm, well the bus already left.”

“You must really hate me for making you late, huh?”

I got up from the dead position that I possessed and looked up at him slightly baffled. His shaggy hair seemed to gleam in the sunlight and the board shorts he was wearing seemed to accentuate his olive-toned skin. What was this guy talking about “You must really hate me for making you late, huh?”?

“No, I blame myself for not looking at my watch.” I said matter-of-factly.

“You know I still feel bad, right?”

“There’s no reason to be.” I got up ready to walk back to the house in utter depression, but he seemed willing to cheer me up as he stepped in front so my face would bash against his chest.

“How about I take you to Brighton?” he continued. Looking up at him I replied with,

“Look, really I’m ok. I’ll get over it.” I smiled meekly.

“No really, it’s the least I could do.”

“No. I’m fine, but thanks for the offer. You’re not even going out.”

“On the contrary, I am now. With you and don’t say ‘No’ because I insist.” If I were to act stubborn on this subject, the situation would’ve laid moot. So I gave in to the persistent boy.

“Ok but I’ll be going shopping. You know, the thing that a girl does.”

“Well you’ll also taste the manly shopping as well, so we can call it even.”

A grin formed on my lips, and with that small gesture it was agreed that we were to go to Brighton. Together.
♠ ♠ ♠
"Jesus Christ" by Brand New
Seriously people, you should get this song.

I would also like comments as well. I know I sound like some begger,but desperate times call for desperate measures. It would seriously be nice if you people could comment on this story and stuff. Good or bad. It doesn't matter I just want some feedback to make me a better writer and to give me a little motivation, you know?

Anyway thanks to the lovely rawrit'shailey who gave me my first comment. ** Big drum playing Display starts**

=]

P.S. I re-edited this so you should probably read again.