‹ Prequel: Fallen Embers
Sequel: Kiss the Flame

Feed the Fire

What Happens in New York, stays in New York

Image

During the plane ride the next day, the 6 people involved with what happened the night before never spoke about it at all, and it was never mentioned again. The plane was en route to Plattsburgh International to drop off Beth for the holiday break. After seeing the younger woman off, they then headed down to Elmira Corning Regional Airport to drop off Sabrina before ending up at Oakland International.

During the 10 days that Sabrina had off she went about finding a birthday gift for Tre. She had thought long and hard if she was even going to get him something but decided that he was a friend and the father of her unborn child and figured that in and of itself warranted a gift. After making several phone calls, calling in favors and promising the sun and moon; she finally procured an appropriate gift for the drummer and within days it was delivered to the Farm. She took the precious package to a store and had it readied for the big day.

Thanksgiving came and past with little fanfare for the women on the east coast. Sabrina was alone since Henry had passed away and Chris took his family to the in-laws for the holiday; while Beth spent the holidays with mother, step father, and sister. After Thanksgiving, Beth drove down to Albany to stay with her best friend and cousin, Maia. The two young women quickly caught up on recent events and enjoyed the time that they got to spend together until the 28th when the tour started back up again in Albany.

When Beth brought her cousin to the show that night, the men; being red blooded creatures that they were soon lusted after Maia. Tre and Mike were sitting watching the two women without looking obvious. As the two females walked away, the view of their perfect behinds appeared making Tre wolf whistle quietly. "Damn, those Pritchard women got it going ON." Mike chuckled and nodded his agreement.

The tour soon continued on up to Hartford and Boston before going over the border to play Montreal and Toronto. The last gig the day before Tre's birthday was Buffalo, New York. Sabrina had Tre's present sent up to the HBSC Arena. Toby smuggled it onto Billie's bus without anyone seeing it.

After the concert Sabrina was going back to the Farm for the few days off and then rejoin everyone on the 10th in Pittsburgh. When the concert was over, Sabrina grabbed Billie "Hey can you do me a favor Bill?"

The younger man looked at Sabrina and raised his eyebrow at her, "What? Does it have to do with getting naked?" he asked with a smirk.

Sabrina rolled her eyes and smacked his arm, "No, you perv. I need you to take Tre's present to his party and give it to him for me. Can you do that?"

"Wait, aren't you going?"

"Yea... that would go over so well with Jill. No, I'm gonna head back to the farm for our days off." Billie nodded his agreement to her favor and was rewarded with a kiss on the check.

The next night at Tre's party he sat in the restaurant opening up the gifts from everyone. He grabbed an unmarked, huge and heavy present and eagerly tore off the wrapping paper. His eyes lit up when his gift made it self known. A beautiful frame nestled some items mounted within; a drum head and a pair of sticks. A small brass plaque at the bottom identified whose items once belonged to; "Keith Moon". Without a shadow of a doubt he knew who the gift was from and silently thanked her for it.

After Sabrina returned to the tour in Pittsburgh, they played Cincinnati, Ohio on the 12th of December. Beth was in a quiet reflective mood that day and it wasn't lost on the bassist from Green Day. Mike watched her as she kind of moped around, not really being talkative to anyone. When she disappeared into an empty dressing room, he followed with the idea that he needed to talk to her. He knocked slightly and pushed the door open not waiting for her response. He saw that she was curled up on a loveseat with her legs tucked underneath her staring into space.

"Hey," he said as he lowered himself to sit next to her. The woman blinked at the intrusion but never acknowledged his presence. They sat there not speaking for a few moments before Mike broke the silence, "Can I ask you a question?"

Beth turned to look at the man beside her and saw the concern in his eyes and realized that he wanted to help her, but didn't want to piss her off at all in the process. "Sure, go ahead," she said softly.

"Ummm, I was wondering... ummm... " Mike grimaced at the fact that anytime he asked her something he seemed to turn into that gawky seventh grader who couldn't speak to a girl without freezing up. "Ummm would you ummm like to come out to Oakland... for ummm Christmas?"

Beth closed her eyes as she considered his request. The look on his face as he asked was hopeful and innocent, that she didn't really want to break his heart and scream no at him. The memories of the nice things he had done for her in the past filtered through like a slide show on her brain. When she opened her eyes again to look at him she smiled, "Sure... I think I'd like to do that."

Nashville, St Louis, Indianapolis all fell by the wayside as the final show before the Christmas break came up. The 21st of December in Detroit was a typical winter day for that city. Snow was on the ground and the winds blew like there was no tomorrow. Inside the Cobo Arena the musicians, roadies, and crew kept warm as they went about their work day.

Sabrina and her band were onstage going through their sound check as Green Day was still on the floor doing some interviews while the other band played. During a lull in the music a loud voice echoed through the empty arena, "Where's that filly from Philly?" Everything came to a grinding halt as the owner of the voice came into view of the woman on stage.

Sabrina jerked her head at the sound of the voice and craned her neck to see where it came from and upon spying the source of the noise she jumped down off the stage and ran toward it, "Uncle Ted!" she exclaimed as she jumped into the waiting and outstretched arms.

"Hey there little girl; me and Mrs. Nuge came back to spend some family time back home here and heard you were playing so we had to stop in and say 'Hi'," the tall man said as he hugged the woman in his arms. The cameras that were once focused on Green Day now turned and brought Ted Nugent and Sabrina Sanders into their viewfinder and greedily filmed the bonus scene happening in front of them.

The Detroit City Madman suddenly stopped smiling at the woman in his arms and cocked his head at her. He pulled back a little to get a really good look at her before saying the words which would change her life forever. "How far along are you?"

Sabrina blinked as his words hung in the air. If everyone wasn't looking at them before, they were now as the words the tall man said resounded through the arena. "I don't know what you're talking about."

Ted looked at her again, "Don't lie to me hunny, I'm at one with the animals and I can smell the hormones in the air, baby."

By this time the other band came down and joined the soap opera that was playing out in the middle of the arena. Beth stood up straighter as she walked toward the guitarist who had now placed Sabrina back on the floor. Beth moved next to her boss, "Hormones, S'marmones; it just us having our periods at the same time."

Ted looked down at the creature who talked back to him without being afraid, "You have balls there Snow White," he said laughing at her.

Beth growled, "The name's not Snow White, it's Beth; let me spell it out for you; B.E.T.H," she said through gritted teeth.

Ted laughed out right at her words, "Big brass ones, and because of that you can call me Uncle Ted."

"Ewww, no. You are no uncle of mine," she spat out which made the older man laugh that much harder.

When he got himself under control he turned back to Sabrina looking at her intently. "So, I asked you a question; how far along are you?"

"I have no idea what you mean," Sabrina said trying to convince him that nothing was going on.

"Sabrina Danielle," he barked out in a tone which broke no more nonsense.

The woman in question looked at Beth who gave a sympathetic look before she hung her head and quietly admitted for the first time in public, "I'm almost 4 months along."

As soon as the words left Sabrina's mouth all hell broke loose. The reporters who had their film crews taping the events as they unfolded were now scrambling for their cell phones in order to be the first with the exclusive story of Sabrina being pregnant. They clamored over to her jamming mics and tape recorders into her face butting each other out of the way while screamed question at the now stunned woman. Ted took one look at what was happening and yelled 'Security!" and directed the bodyguards to escort the reporters and the like off of the arena floor.

Tre looked like someone had knocked the wind right out of him and he wore a look of daze and confusion on his face. Jill who was standing next to him started to almost vibrate as the anger bubbled up inside of her like a black poison. "What the fuck did she just say?" the girlfriend said out loud to no one in particular.

Ted glanced over to the annoyed young woman before his attention was brought to the woman beside him. A gleam came to his eye as he saw Beth stand up straight and narrow her eyes at the offending person. "What the fuck did you say?" Beth growled at Jill. Ted almost rubbed his hands with glee at the sight of the two women who now moved to be almost nose to nose with each other.

"I said, CUNT; what the fuck did that fucking bitch say?" Beth blinked at the words that flowed from the younger woman's mouth. Before she could say anything Jill continued her rant. "I wonder who the father is, she's such a whore and a slut; it could be anybody."

"I'll give you a hint, you low-lying gutter whore," Beth hissed. "He has one ball and you fuck it."

It was Jill's turn to blink as Beth's words registered in her brain. "Frank? She can not be serious, you couldn't have lowered yourself to that woman's level," she said turning to the man in question.

Tre's brain was going at warp speed trying to figure out what was going on. As Beth's words were said one night popped out, "The VMA's," he stuttered "That was the last time Jill, I swear."

The sound of flesh meeting flesh echoed through out the space as Jill's hand connected with Tre's check. "You bastard," she hissed.

Tre held a hand to his stinging cheek as he scrambled for an exclamation, "We weren't together then Jill, we were just dating and not even exclusively yet. You saw the show, you know what happened. You said that was the past and when we started to date only each other you said our time began then and nothing else before that mattered."

Jill was beyond hearing Tre's attempt of calming her down. "You fucking bitch, you ruined my life," she screamed as she lounged towards Sabrina.

Beth jumped to deflect the attack, "Listen little girl, try picking on someone who isn't pregnant." When Jill turned to go after her, Beth smiled and planted her feet into the ground. "Come on bitch I've been waiting for this," Beth said with a gleam in her eye.

Ted casually walked over to the two fighting woman and without a word scooped Beth up and tossed her over his shoulder like a bag of potatoes. He turned to look pointedly at Tre, "If I were you, I'd put that dog on a leash boy before this Alpha rips her apart." With that Ted walked away with Beth screaming and pounding at his back.

Jill stormed off with a huff leaving Tre standing there staring at Sabrina. The two former lovers looked at each other as if they were sizing each other up for some unknown showdown. "So," Tre began not knowing what to really say. "Is this all true? Am I... "

Sabrina just nodded her head before she found her voice, "Yea, from the VMA's."

"When, when did you find out?"

"In New Orleans was when I took a store bought test, then I flew home that night and had a doctor's test the next day confirming it... " she trailed off.

"And you didn't tell me?" he asked beginning to get angry.

"How Tre, how could I tell you? Jill... does that ring a bell?"

"I deserved to know, dammit!" he screamed.

"Excuse me? Look what happened with you knowing, Jill and Beth almost tore each other's throat out... You know... I don't need this bullshit Tre... " Sabrina turned to walk away from the man, but he caught her arm before she could.

"Sabrina, I want to be there for you and this baby."

The woman just looked at him and shook her head, "As long as Jill is in your life, she won't allow it and you know it." Sabrina then wrenched her arm from his grip and turned away again and left the arena floor.

Within minutes Toby's cell rang and after conferring on with the person on the other end he walked over to where everyone still stood in shock over what happened. "That was Sab; she's going home and will see everyone at MTV for New Years."