‹ Prequel: Fallen Embers
Sequel: Kiss the Flame

Feed the Fire

What Happens in Miami, Stays in Miami

Image

Sabrina and Nikki caught a taxi and drove to the hotel where Sabrina and Green Day were staying. They gathered a few stares as they walked through the lobby to the private elevators that would take them to the huge penthouse suite that Sabrina had arranged for. Nikki laughed when Sabrina pulled her keycard out of her cleavage. With a quick swipe she unlocked the door and pushed it open.

They walked in the living room and saw an interesting sight in the hot tub that was situated out on the balcony. Nikki and Sabrina saw with amusement that Tre and Jill were caught in a compromising position. The lovers didn't see the two people in the living room and continued on with what they were doing. Sabrina and Nikki just stood there drinking in the sight of Jill riding Tre like a cowgirl while he sat lounging in the water.

Nikki glanced at the woman next to him and saw she was breathing heavily. Her eyes were glazed over as she saw Tre's head rocked back with his eyes closed and mouth open in the throes of passion. She swallowed hard as the effect of seeing her former husband having sex flowed through her.

"Let's go," she said barely raising her voice above a whisper. She took one final look at Tre before turning and walking toward her bedroom. "I remember when he used to look like that for me... "

Nikki finally tore his eyes away and followed Sabrina to her room. When he walked through the door, Sabrina was nowhere to be found. He looked around and finally spied her on her private balcony. She was leaning over the railing and watching the ocean view. He walked over to her and wrapped an arm around her shoulder. They stood there for a few moments until she broke the silence. "God, it's been over five months and I still don't think I am over him. I dunno... "

Nikki kissed the top of her head and leaned into her. "I don't think I could see Donna with anyone else. I'd think... no, I KNOW that I would go crazy."

She nodded and felt his weight, "Nikki, we aren't... you know that right?"

"Yea, I know but you hurt a guy for trying," he said and she could hear that lopsided grin in the sound of his voice.

She chuckled and turned around to face him, "I still love ya, Stikki."

"Back at ya, Breathe."

Once Mike had Beth situated in the limo, they sped off leaving her fear behind. Mike pulled her close to him but she still was shaking like a leaf. He pulled the woman into him and held her tight. By the time they arrived at the hotel, she had finally stopped shaking. He got out and offered her his hand and she smiled at him always being the gentleman. He held open the doors as they made their way into the hotel.

They opened the door to the suite and luckily for them they didn't stumble upon the same sight that Nikki and Sabrina had witnessed earlier. Beth glanced toward the hot tub. "I think I need to soak for a bit to relax after that hell that Billie Joe put me through. I swear paybacks are going to be such a bitch for that skinny punk," she mumbled as she walked off to her room. "You gonna join me?" she asked over her shoulder to the man standing there. Mike smiled and quickly went the opposite direction to change into his suit.

A few minutes later Mike walked out of his room and towards the balcony. He stopped dead in his tracks at the sight of Beth bending over the side of the hot tub in order to feel the water temperature. At the sight of her ample bottom being barely covered by the bikini bottom made him lightheaded as all the blood rushed below the Mason-Dixon Line. He willed his now non-functioning body to move and soon was by her side. "Hey," he said softly as not to startle her.

She turned to glance at him and she had an intake of breath; not unlike the one Mike experienced earlier in the lobby. He stood there shirtless with a pair of swimming trunks on that only reached halfway to his knees. He was a modern day version of a Greek Adonis; with his chiseled chest and his lean tattooed muscular arms. She shook her head in order to clear the thoughts that were invading her brain.

It was so hard to hate him for being a 'Rock Star' when he was being such a gentleman all the time; 'well not ALL the time', Beth thought to herself. They fought terribly but more often than not ended up having the most wild, rough, and animalistic sex that she had ever had in her entire life; and nobody had ever made her feel the way he made her feel. It both scared her and amazed her at the same time. She once again shook her head and this time successfully cleared out the thoughts of him.

She grinned at him and climbed into the tub and when she turned around to sit, Mike caught a glimpse of something shiny on her upper thigh that he hadn't noticed before. "What's that?" he asked gesturing to her thigh.

"What?" she replied looking slightly confused at him.

"That; that shiny thingy that's on your thigh there. I never saw that before."

"Wha... ohhh," she laughed. "That's my birth control patch. I normally wear it on my arm, but my costume didn't allow for it there, so I had to wear it elsewhere," she explained.

A look of dawning appeared on the man's face. He nodded and entered the hot tub and seated himself across from her. He grimaced as the hot water caressed his lower extremities. With a groan he finally settled in and stretched his long legs out where they reached clear over next to Beth. She playfully pushed on his legs before finally stretching her own out in front of her.

"Ummmmm," she exhaled sinking lower in the hot water. "That's feels so good."

Mike smiled at her state of obvious bliss. "Yea, it does feel relaxing."

After a few more moments of silence, Beth broke it by saying "Poltergeist."

"Wha-what?"

"Poltergeist, the movie. That is where my fear of clowns started."

"Ohhh, damn... that scene with the chair and the clown... no wonder you have a fear."

"That and Stephen King's 'It' cinched it for me. Tim Curry made an awesomely scary clown."

"I loved that movie but the clown freaked me out too," Mike sheepishly admitted.

Beth smiled and nudged his thigh with her foot. Mike returned her smile and the two enjoyed each other's company once again; though Beth was trying her best to ignore that fact.

The next morning everyone was grabbing breakfast off of the buffet that room service had brought up. Tre, Jill, Toby, Mike, Beth, Billie and Adie were seated around the huge dinning table working through their hangovers and making small talk. The table went quiet when Nikki and Sabrina came out of her room to join the crowd.

The darkened look came over Tre's face didn't go unnoticed by anyone. He was so angry at the new arrivals that his body seemed to hum. As Sabrina passed by his seat to go grab some food she was unprepared for the outburst.

"Fucking whore... " Tre spat out as she walked by.

The woman stopped and turned around to face her ex-husband, "Excuse me?"

"You heard me; fucking slut."

Sabrina was taken about for a moment and then her own anger flowed through her veins. "What the fuck are you talking about?" she said trying to control her tone of voice.

"You; by fucking sleeping with that asshole," he nodded his head towards Nikki, "that makes you a fucking slut."

"Well for your information, I guess that makes YOU a fucking slut, since the last person I slept with was you at the VMAs; you fucking prick."

Jill jumped up and got in Sabrina's face. "Don't you dare talk like that to him."

"If I were you little girl, I would sit the fuck down so you don't get hurt," Sabrina said through clenched teeth.

"Fuck you bitch," the younger woman volleyed back. "You aren't half the woman I am."

Sabrina was silent but just smiled at Jill, who started becoming antsy at the smiling woman. After a moment Sabrina spoke up in a silent but deadly voice, "Did he scream your name last night in the hot tub when he came?"

It was Jill's turn to blink; Sabrina's comment had rendered her speechless, but the older woman continued on. "He screams my name when he comes when he's with me."

Jill sputtered a minute trying to regain her voice, but once again Sabrina beat her down. "Don't play a game that you have no chance of winning. When it comes to the sexual world, I have done it all... " the woman leaned into Jill invading her personal space, "with him... "

While the younger woman fell silent, Sabrina turned back to her ex-husband, "As for you asshole; you have no right to say a word about whom if ANYONE I choose to sleep with. Which by the way for your information, I have NO interest in sleeping with Nikki at all; that boat sailed away over 10 years ago."

She turned toward the man in question "Sorry Nikki."

Nikki just shrugged his shoulders, "Hell that's okay... A guy can dream... "

"Ass... " she muttered.

Nikki just returned her comment with that lopsided grin and walked over to kiss her. "I have got to go, got sound check a little later on. Call me if you need to talk again, I'm always here." Nikki gave her a final squeeze and waved goodbye to the others and left the suite.

Sabrina stalked over to the buffet and picked up a few bagels and diet Pepsi and turned to go back to her room. "Let me know when we're ready to leave," she went into her room and slammed the door.