It Can Only Get Better

bitching at dawn...or is it?

Well, it's been almost a year. Yippee. I'm fifteen! Sorry, well, it was great. Joey got me a lovely little necklace with my name on it, and Mike got me lots of little things, and Billie, Tré and Adie all bunched up together and got me a set of drums. I mean, how cool is that. Mike is bringing me back to Ireland for the one year anniversary, I'm not looking forward to it. I mean yeah, I love my mum, dad and Cassi, I mean there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about them, but I know that they would want me to be happy, and to try to move on with my life (I know, deep for a fifteen year old), but that isn't for another few months.

"Soph, hunny, come on wake up." Mike said shaking my shoulder, yawned and walked out of the room. I rolled over and looked at my alarm clock, 4:30! Who in the hell gets up at 4:30 in the morning, oh shit that's right. I'm going on tour with Green Day, and it's just going to be the guy's, me, Joey and Stella. "Mike! Where did you put my black converse?" I yelled down the stairs. "You mean these old, crumpled, dirty, grubby, old ones?" he said holding up my shoes. "Yeah, my old crumpled, dirty, grubby, COMFORTABLE ones." I said smiling and taking my shoes and putting them on. "Come on, let's go. Billie wants us at his in five." He said grabbing his keys as I grabbed his coffee.

"Billie, Mike's here." Adie shouted up to Billie when we arrived. "Hey Soph," she turned to me, "you couldn't do me a huge favour and get Joey's lazy ass out of his bed?" she smiled as I handed her the empty cup, of Mike's coffee, dropped my stuff and sprinted up the stairs. Third door on the right. I opened the door slowly, and climbed up onto the bed, and straddled the angel lying there. I leant down and kissed him. "Now that is the way to be woken up in the morning." He said when I pulled away. "Come on babe, your mom is waiting on you. We're leaving in like ten minutes. I'll be downstairs" I said and left the room, turning the big light on, on my out. Oh, I'm evil.

*6:00, tour bus arrived.*
"Billie dude, calm down. Tré will be here, don't worry. He's been later than this before." I said, sitting him down. Shit, where the fuck was he?
*do you have the time, to listen to me whine, about nothing and everyth... *
"Hello." I said, Jesus Soph has to stop changing my ring tone.
"Hey dude."
"Tré, where the FUCK are you. We're all waiting for you. You're late again."
"Yeah I'll be, shit, there in about five minutes"
"Tré where are you?"
"Dodging cars on the freeway. Five minutes I, shit, swear."
"Tré just hurry the fuck up, and try not to get yourself killed. We can't go on tour without a drummer" And with that, I hung up.
"Yeah Billie, Tré will be here in five. He's, ah, dodging cars on the highway."

*10 minutes later*
"Okay, babe, I'll talk to you tonight I promise. Bye." Billie said kissing Adie, give them five. Mike, Tré, Joey and I were already on the tour bus with Larry, the bus driver.
"Oh come on," Tré whined, "you wouldn't let me go in to get some coffee, and you're letting Billie take his time." I think Tré's hangover was beginning to kick in. "Tré." Mike yelled, "Either shut the fuck up or go to your room." He said pointing to a door. Haha he wasn't just like that when I pissed him off then. Finally Billie came out and got on the bus with a huge grin across his face, and we were off.

The bus began to slow, I opened my eyes and looked around. Billie was strumming his guitar gently, Tré was passed out somewhere, I was leaning up against a sleeping Joey, and Mike was sitting at the edge of his seat biting his nails. I don't know why he was so stressed about his daughter meeting me. As the bus stopped completely, I got up to go to the bathroom and Mike jumped up and ran to the door. When I came out he was still outside so I went back to the sofa. "Sophie," Mike walked in and over towards me with his daughter behind him. "This is Stella. Stella, Sophie." I stood up, looked at Stella directly into her eyes and glared an evil glare, she did the same. Mike could feel the 'tension' and just as he was about to say something, we both screamed a high pitched girly, and might I add fake, scream and hugged each other. Then we ran off to the bedroom, away from dads' eyes to catch up.

"Stella, what's up? How are you," I said hugging her again, "oh, you know same old crap. Did dad really not know that we've talked before?"
"Nope, and you're right, that was fun." I replied and smiled. I had finally met Stella. She's great. After about ten minutes we had caught up and went out into the living room, and after reassuring Mike that the whole 'hating each other' thing was a joke, we all got caught up and just chilled. At 9:30, me and Joey went to bed. I know, early, but hey, I was up at 4:30 in the morning.

"Aargh," a girly scream came from somewhere on the bus, "where the fuck am I and why is my bedroom moving." Tré was up. I got out of bed pulling some pants on as I left the room. "Tré, dude, we're heading to DC, we're on tour. Remember?" I said to him. I slapped him lightly across the face, "now shut up, the kids are sleeping."
"Aaoh, that fucking hurt bitch." He said rubbing his cheek. "Okay sorry man, come here." I said giving him a hug. "I'm just so edgy about my two kids meeting. You know how bitchy two girls can be. I'm like a fucking hormonal teenager."
"Coffee?"
"Yeah, thanks dude." I said taking the mug from Tré.
"Mornin' dad, mornin' Tré," Stella walked in and sat down. "Sleep well?" I asked kissing her forehead. "Yeah, it was great except I was awoke by a teenie screaming. No, wait, that was you Tré." She laughed, awh, isn't Tré cute when he blushes, I laughed too.

I woke up around 10:30, well actually I was awake for hours, thanks to Tré but I was just lying, watching Joey sleep, and thinking about all the good and bad things that have happened in the past year. I had enough of waiting, I was bored and hungry, and since I couldn't move from Joey's arms, I poked him in the ribs. "I didn't steal it dad I swear." He yelled. "Oh, sorry. Morning." He said kissing me. "What of your dad's did you steal, or do I want to know?" I said raising an eyebrow. "Oh, I was dreaming that my dad sent me to jail cause I stole his eyeliner. It's a recurring dream I have ever since I kept hiding any new eyeliners that he got." He laughed and poked me.
"Knock, knock. Can I come in?"
"Yeah sure, Stella. We're decent." I said poking Joey again. Stella walked in, passed a mug of coffee to me and Joey, and took a seat at the bottom of the bed. "Guy's." I yelled, almost spilling my drink. "I just had the best idea ever. I can't believe I haven't thought of it before." Both Joey, and Stella looked at me with blank faces. "Well, you gonna tell us, or do we have to guess?" Stella said after a few minutes. I nodded, "Well, I'm just thinking. Stella, with you here. There's 3 of us and 3 of them. How about a little game of prank the grown up's, if you can class them as grown up." Their faces lit up. It was a good idea. So for the rest of the morning, we plotted. We decided that since none of us were related, biologically or legally, to Tré, so he should be our first victim. But what could we do to him?
"Oh, oh, oh, what about... naw it'd never work." Joey said about 2 hours later. By this time we were all up dressed and sitting in the living area. We aren't that lazy. "Well," I began, "What is his most prized thing?" I asked. "His drums. What if we do something to his drums?" I turned to look at the guys. "Naw," Joey started, "I think I've found something he likes more than his drums, I know it's difficult, but think about it." He paused, "himself. Lets do something to alter his prettiful appearance, lets do it right before he goes on stage tomorrow night." We all agreed and laughed manically. "What are you kids up to then?" Billie said, walking in and sitting down, practically on top of us. "Oh nothing Billie. Just laughing at something on the TV." Stella replied. "But the TV is off." Billie said, cocking an eyebrow. "Exactly." I answered, and with that he got up and left. Mike walked in, "Guy's, what are you three up to? Billie said you've all gone crazy." He sat down at the end of the sofa. "Us. Up to something. Mike, you all must be going crazy in your old age." I giggled, yeah, Tré is for it.

*ten minutes before the guys go on*
The crowd were screaming, even I was excited. We were backstage. Billie and Tré were enjoying a quick beer, and mike was in back on the treadmill, a little ritual he had before he goes on stage apparently. Me, Joey and Stella were gonna watch the show from here.
"Green Day Green Day Green Day" screams could be heard everywhere. Mike came in, grabbed a beer, and sat down. "Hey Billie, looks like a full house of teenie boppers, I saw the signs on the way past." He looked at Billie. "Oh fuck. Ah well, hey ho dudes, lets go." Billie replied. "Oh Tré," Joey asked, "wait to you hear this" he whispered to me, "
Tré, why are there no clouds in the sky?" Tré's eyes lit up. "'cause God wants to watch his fucking favourite band play again. Come on guy's let's go rock this holy, holy place." And with that, they left.

*half way through the concert*
"Now guy's, I want you to meet some people we've brought with us. And to introduce someone. Gimmie a minute." Billie yelled and ran off the stage to thousands of screams, and came backstage. "Come on you three." He said, and laughed at our shocked faces. We all slowly stood up, and followed him, "You're gonna pay for this dad," I heard Joey whisper to Billie, who just laughed. "Now you guy's wait there and I'll come call you in a sec, kay." And with that Billie ran back on stage.

"Dudes, and dudettes." He looked around, "You all know over the past years we have all been horney little fuckers and have conceived our spawn. *screams* Well some of those came with us this time, and I would like to introduce, my boy, Joey, give it up for Joey." He shouted and motioned for Joey to come over, which he did. The stadium erupted with cheers, "whoa, whoa. Shut the fuck up, I ain't done. Next I want to introduce Mike's kid, Stella. Come here Stella." She walked out, and again the stadium erupted, I was getting nervous now. Billie held his hands up and there was near silence again. "Now I know you guys are expecting me to call out one of Tré's kids, but the stupid fuck forgot to bring one. No, I have someone here, who none of you have heard of, Mike's ADOPTED daughter, Sophie. Come on out Soph." at that point I thought I would have froze to the spot, but I was fine. I walked out and the crowd went wild, I was shocked. There were so many people. The three of us just stood there beside Billie as he continued to talk to the crowd. "Now, were gonna do something a little different, something, we've never done before. We're gonna let a few other people hijack our concert for a little while," he looked at us, and Joey clasped my hand. Even I knew that Billie had a knack for springing things on you at the last minute. "Now, my boy has taken after his dear old dad, well apart from the looks, he looks more like Adie than me. Anyway, he has a damn good voice, and has been playing guitar since he was three." The stadium erupted again for some reason, but quietened down as Billie continued to talk. "And, as far as Mike tells me, Stella ain't too bad on the bass. Soph, I hope you've been practicing those drums we got you, cause you're stuck with Tré's job." He laughed as the big screen showed Tré pouting. 'Excellent' I thought. Perfect time to add some super glue. "Now everyone. This may be terrible cause these guy's have never played" he paused, "instruments together before, so they may be god awful, or they could be great. So give it up for the kids." Everyone screamed again. Billie turned to us, "you guys don't mind playing somethin' to keep the crowd busy, I really need to take a piss." Joey laughed, as me and Stella grimaced, "you ever talk like that, I'll kill you," I said into Joey's ear, and he laughed harder and kissed me on the lips. Again the screams got louder, and as we pulled apart I noticed that we were on the big screen. We all agreed to play one of the older songs, but couldn't decide. So, while Stella got dad's bass adjusted, and Joey got Blue sorted, I asked the crowd. "Hey guys (lots of screaming) we've decided to do an older song, and we need you guys to decide, Do Da Da, or Misery." We waited for a response, but couldn't get a clear one, well do you reckon you could with about 40,000 people screaming at you. Just then Mike ran onto the stage and over to me, so he was close to the mic. "Ahm, message from the crapper, Billie Joe thinks you guys should play Do Da Da." Then, he winked at me and ran off again. "Do Da Da it is then." Joey came over towards the mic, and as I turned to take my place, he slapped my ass.

"Okay then guys, earplugs at the ready," and he looked up at me, then Stella, then me again. I counted, and we started. Joey's voice was great, just like his dads' it really suited the song. As soon as the song ended, I whipped out the super glue, and squelched it onto the seat, and two drumsticks, and ran down to join Joey and Stella at the mic. I winked at Joey and Stella, and they both laughed. "Hey, so what you think. We better than those old fogies?" Stella asked, and everyone screamed. Billie came out, with Mike and Tré in toe. "Now kids, you may be good, but no-one will ever throw me off my high horse, but me." He laughed. We said our goodbyes and headed back over to side stage.

Billie played good riddance, and everyone's eyes in the crowd filled with tears. It's such an emotional song. He ended the song, and shouted for me and Tré to come down to the edge of the runway. I ran down to beside him, and we both looked round. Normally Tré would be down before me, but he was still sitting at his drum kit. "Well Tré, what's wrong? You don't want to say goodbye? You don't wanna suck up your glory of being the best fucking drummer in the history of punk rock?" Billie said into the mic, and we kept looking up to Tré, even the big TV was on him. Slowly he stood up, but there was a problem. He was stuck to the seat, or rather his seat was stuck to him, with his drum sticks still in his hands. He shrugged, and undid his belt buckle, 'thank god me and Billie made him put on underwear' I thought to myself as he stepped out of his trousers and ran down the runway to us. Suddenly Billie's mic wouldn't work, and a voice came out over the speakers, Joey's voice to be precise. We were as shocked as the fans, the voice said, "Old ass adults zero, punk ass kids one." And cut out. Billie shouted goodnight into the mic, which was now working, and after waving we all made our way off stage. "Those little bastards are gonna pay. This means war." Tré exclaimed on the way back and we agreed, but who, what, and when.