Protection

Two

Having spent the rest of yesterday and the whole morning talking with Happy, Eleanor had quickly gotten to know her father as well as talking about herself. It would still take time for them, but at least they had started and talked non-stop.

Eleanor had fallen asleep on the couch in Happy’s house, her head resting on his shoulder which caused him to carefully carry his daughter’s body to the spare room. He wasn’t interested in showing any emotions other than loyalty and anger, but tucking his little girl into bed for the first time caused a few tears to roll down his cheeks.

She had however pushed him to head off to work, she felt horrible keeping him even if the blonde had called telling Happy to take the day off and any day after. Although Eleanor didn’t like the idea of her being the reason that Happy wasn’t at work, where he could be needed.

She was currently wandering around the town centre, she wanted to explore a little as she had done none the day before. After she had begun to cry, Happy took her to his home even if she said she’d find a hotel which he told her not to. They talked about everything and there were many similarities between them.

She had already visited a few stores that were open on the main street of Charming, but she had to admit to herself that being in a small town was nice. She was used to being in a large busy city that was filled with people, it was hard to walk down a street without having to dodge around numerous strangers.

An elderly man who owned a little knick knack store had even welcomed her to town, he didn’t know who she was but he knew that she wasn’t from there. Living in Nevada, she never experienced that before and it was a very welcomed change.

Happy had given her a list of places that she could visit around the town and he had also written down directions for her, she was thankful that he hadn’t pushed her away and had welcomed her with open arms.

He had called her once he made it to work, just to check in and make sure that she’d be alright on her own. Honestly she wasn’t used to someone caring so much for her, no one had called to check in on her before nor had anyone wanted to miss work just to spend the day with her.

She wasn’t sure how to take it, though it did feel really nice knowing that her Dad was there for her whenever she needed him.

******


Having marked off most of what Happy suggested she see, Eleanor stopped off at a little local café for a light lunch. She ate while flicking through a gossip magazine that she had found on the table next to her, it wasn’t long before she had finished and walked back outside to where her car was parked.

She tossed her empty iced tea into a rubbish bin on the way, reversing out of the car park she began driving in the direction of the ice cream parlour. It didn’t take long before she had arrived, seeing a few bikes parked out the front meant there were at least some people there.

If her father wasn’t, then she was certain she’d find someone else to talk with in the mind time. If Happy trusted these men than Eleanor didn’t see why she couldn’t, they’d be the ones helping Happy to protect her anyway.

“We’ve been wonderin’ when you were turnin’ up, darlin’. We’ve all been waitin’ to see ya,” A thick Scottish accent hit Eleanor’s ears the second she walked through the front door, Happy had explained to his friends last night to his best ability.

Filip 'Chibs' Telford is the Vice President and was giving her a generous smile, she had seen him yesterday and had already been told about how he received the scars along his cheeks. A story that she never wanted to hear again.

He was in his late forties with dark slicked back hair that reached the nape of his neck, a little greying around his hairline. A beard also covered his chin and upper lip, also hair but greying. His deep brown eyes had seen much in his time, but softened when he looked at Eleanor who already reminded him of Happy though in a good way.

“I thought I might as well have a look around town, if I’m going to stay here than I wanted to know the town I’m living in.” She told Chibs as she sat herself down on a stool at the counter, Chuck poured her a glass of water and set it on the counter in front of her which she thanked him for.

“You’re going to stay? Happy wasn’t sure what plans you had, but that’s great news.” Robert "Bobby Elvis" Munson spoke from his seat at one of the booths, he appeared to be the oldest out of the men she had seen.

He’s naturally light brown but greying curly hair reached his the top of his shoulders, a dark grey beard sat along his upper lip and ran down his chin. Much longer as it stopped a few inches from his chin.

“Yeah, I didn’t really get to tell Dad my plans last night. We were too busy getting to know each other, but it seems really nice here. Different from Nevada but I need a change,” She smiled as she spoke, this was the fresh start that she needed and hopefully her problem would be taken care of shortly.

She couldn’t help but glance over at who she knew was George 'Ratboy' Skogstrom, the newest member to be patched in. His shaggy dark brown hair matched his eyes, a shorter beard covered his face much like Chibs’ did.

Though he wasn’t meeting her gaze nor had he really spoken to her, he had said ‘hello’ to her but that was about it.

“Hap is goin’ to love that, darlin’. Anything ya need, you just need ta ask. You’re family now, darlin’, whatever we can do to make life easier, you ask.” Chibs told Eleanor as she’d probably need help moving her belongings, she wasn’t even sure what she’d do with her stuff back home.

She hadn’t planned on where she’d be staying, for now she was happy staying with her Dad but after that she had no idea. She had the money for an apartment or maybe a house, with the help of a loan though there was plenty of time for that.

“Thank you, I’ll give that in mind and will most likely be asking for help with all the heavy lifting.” Eleanor smiled warmly at the men who were treating her like a real person, like they actually wanted her there and wanted to know her.

“Please don’t, doll. It will only boost their ego’s and I have to deal with that shit,” The familiar voice of Jackson chuckled lightly as he appeared through a doorway, stairs lead up to another level which she hadn’t been to yet.

“Now that I know, I’ll make sure I boost their ego’s even more. Someone has to make them feel loved, apparently you aren’t doing a good job at that.” Eleanor looked at the blonde with her left brow lightly raised, the smile still plastered across her face as all negative thoughts disappeared from her mind.

“She has a point, Jacky boy. She can give us more love,” Chibs laughed causing wrinkles to form from the corners of his eyes, she could easily see herself fitting right into a routine here with her Dad.

“We also like her love better, it’s warmer than yours.” Ratboy spoke and slightly shocked Eleanor, she watched as Jax smacked him over the head as he walked across the room in what only could be described as a ‘manly swagger’.

“That’s exactly what I’m talking about, I’d never man handle anyone.” Eleanor watched Jax closely as he leaned his body against the counter, a few feet away from her as the roaring sound of motorbikes filled the street once again.

She really did feel sorry for the stores around this area, not that there were many open anymore but this street had once been bustling.

“You’re going to fit right in here, Eleanor. There’s no doubt about that,” Bobby’s smile reached his dark eyes and it would have been clear to anyone, just how much he meant that statement.

“You fuckers better not be giving my princess a hard time, or I’ll ruin you all.” Happy’s deep voice filled the ice cream parlour as he walked quicker through the front door than normal, a smile was plastered across his tanned face.

“You don’t have a thing to worry about, Hap. Just calm down dude,” Jax assured his close friend with a small smile, a smile that hadn’t graced his face for a very long time.

******


Eleanor sat in a booth at the ice cream parlour with her father sitting across from her, she was listening intently to everything that he was telling her. Right now he had just finished telling her what Jax has been through, she had no idea how he was holding himself together.

“That’s horrific, Dad. I can’t even think about what that’d be like to go through all of that, how can he even function?” She asked looking into the dark brown eyes that she shared with Happy, she was still shocked as Jax hadn’t given her any hints that he was hurting.

His wife, Tara, had been murdered not that long ago. The murder was still out there somewhere and the police had no clue who they should be after, she wouldn’t be able to deal with that. She’d want closure and to know the person was in jail for taking away a loved one.

“I honestly don’t know, baby girl. I know how hurt I was when you were taken from me, but that’s nothing compared to losing you forever. He does have all us though,” Happy told her as sometimes he had gone through hell, he had always known about Eleanor and it was like torture.

At times he had been so close to her, he had seen her and watched her go about her life. Not knowing that he was right there in an arm’s reach, but at least she was in his life now and he wouldn’t let anyone take her away.

“It’s good that he does have people around him at a time like this, being alone could only push him into a darker hole.” She spoke quietly as she somewhat knew what Jax could be feeling, she lost her mother only a few months ago however she and her mother weren’t close so she wasn’t overly emotional about it.

“We won’t be letting that happen, I’ve seen too many guys go down that dark path. Jax is like a brother to me,” Happy told his daughter as he had been through a lot not only with Jax, but with the club as well even though he’d follow Jax in whatever direction was chosen for the club.
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit

So sorry about the delay in updates, hopefully I'm back and will update more often now.