Status: Finished :)

Everyday Birthday Present

Everyday Birthday Present

"Emma, are you coming?" Jen yelled from the bottom of the stairs.

Today was yet another Monday of the year, marking the end of the weekend. Every Monday seems to get longer and longer. Every weekend, shorter and shorter.

"Emma, get your short ass down here, or else!" She yelled again.

"SHUT THE HELL UP!" I screamed back at her. I was up. Hell, I was never down. Another sleepless night left me up and going before the sun was even thinking about leaving the other side of the planet.

At the moment I was on my computer, finishing a stupid English poem for our douche bag teacher, Mr. Rodgers. Truth is that I love English, but he is making us write these Shakespearian Sonnets and they are harder then hell to put together. And, figure this- he only gave us over the weekend to put it together and present it. I hate being the center of attention in a room full of people I hate.

Especially them.

Every fucking school has them. You know what I'm talking about. That group of guys who think their tough shit. Every girl wants to get with them, even though they know they treat women like dirt. Yup. Use 'um and lose 'um.

Our school has them, but they think they are bigger and better shit then the rest of them because they are in a band. Or as their fans know them - Avenged Sevenfold. The leader - Matthew Charles Sanders (M. Shadows). Followers -Zachary James Baker (Zacky Vengeance), James "Jimmy" Owen Sullivan (Reverend Tholomew Plague or The Rev), Brian Elwin Haner, Jr (Synyster Gates), and Jonathan Lewis Seward (Johnny Christ). All of whom, known to Jen and I as - 'The Tough Shitters' or 'The T's.'

"Emma, let's go! Why the hell are you still sitting there?" Now Jen was right behind me, shaking the back of my desk chair.

"I'm fuckin' coming! Holy hell." I got up and grabbed my pack off the bed. I turned to where she was just standing, but she was already heading through my door. "Man, why are you so.. so.. so.. so, energetic?" I asked, noticing a slight hop in her step.

"I ate my Wheaties this morning." She shrugged as we stepped off my porch, and began our semi-long walk to the three-floored hell hole we call 'school.'

"Did you do that poem crap?" I asked Jen while I watched her grab onto a low hanging tree branch, swing a little, then throw herself a few feet, only to land on her feet and jump again.

"Hell no. You know I don't do his homework. He never checks it. He's only there for the check." She ran foreword a few feet, stopped, twirled once, ran back to where I was still walking a normal speed, breathing a little heavy. "Sorry didn't get much sleep... overtired."

She shrugged again and smiled.

"Issues!"

About 5 minutes later, we trudged up the graffiti covered stairs and through the double doors just as the Tough Shitters started making their way down the staircase directly in front of us. A flock of girls draped over them as if they were afraid to walk the stairs without the guys there.

Standing there, we noticed that one of the girls clutching to Matt's arm was a girl who used to be friends with us, Rochelle, or Ro. She backstabs everyone just to get what she wants. And apparently, what she wants, is them... well, Matt.

Ok, I have to admit something. Even though we complain about their attitudes and stuff like that, Jen and I still think they are really hot. However, we have never seen them being nice to anyone.

As the guys made it down the stairs, I could hear her snickering, followed by a couple of the guys laughing, and Matt brushing her off of him. She looked at him as if she couldn't believe that he would do that to her, then got the nerve to call out to us.

"Hey, Jen! How's your dad?" She asked in a, her normal, snotty tone.

"Just ignore her." I whispered, looking at Jen, she had lost the happy look she once had on, and replaced it with an aggravated one. "She's a bitch and is trying to get to you."

"Well, its working. It's her fucking fault he's in jail anyways." She hissed, trying not to get too worked up.

"Did you go visit him lately?" She called again.

I looked from Ro to Jen, and noticed that Jen was one more word from losing it. She was getting pissed. I kept looking at her, just incase Ro says something wrong and makes her flip out on her.

"How is the old scumbag, anyways?" Ro smiled menacingly.

Oops. Wrong thing to say. Jen gritted her teeth.

"I don't know. Accuse anyone of anything that they didn't fucking do lately?" Jen screamed back at her.

Ro put her finger on her chin and looked up as if she were thinking. "Maybe... maybe not... who knows?" she shrugged at the last part. "What's it matter now? He was already convicted. Can't take it back now..." The smirk she had on her face now, made me want to smack it off of her.

I must have been looking at Ro instead of Jen, because all I heard was Jen yelling, "Bitch!" and seen a flash in front of me, and by the time I blinked, Jen was on top of Ro, colliding her fist with Ro's nose.

Moments later, I was trying to pull Jen off (without any luck, whatsoever), Matt helping out by also pulling Jen off, Zacky trying to pull me away from it all, and Jimmy, Johnny, and Brian all pulling Ro away. Finally, we were all separated with only two people struggling to break free so they can continue on with their fight.

"Guys, let go of me!" Ro was trying to push them away. Jen quit squirming but still had an 'if he lets go of me, your dead' sort of look on her face, and was breathing hard.

"Go!" Matt screamed at Ro, pointing down the semi-deserted hall.

She stopped squirming also. "But-?" She whined and dropped her arms, and pleading with her face not to make her go.

"Shut up, and go!" He yelled again, still pointing down the hall.

She huffed, and stomped away.

Just then, the worst thing happened. Ms. Riddle, the school principal, and highest rated BITCH the world has known, came strolling down the hall as if she were the queen and we were mere peasants. She would suspend anyone in the blink of an eye if she say them walking too fast in the hall. And that would be on a good day. Yeah, we live in hell.

Zacky and Matt shifted slightly to make it look like they were holding us in a passionate way, instead of restraining. Everyone else started talking about music, to make it seem like we were standing there forever.

"Stop standing around, and get to class." She demanded, looking at us but still strutting through the crowd. We nodded and walked the rest of the way down the stairs, Zacky and Matt still holding us like they were.

"Zacky?" I addressed him.

"Hmm?" He kept looking ahead.

"She can't see us." I said.

"Huh?" He asked, looking at me.

I looked down at his arm.

"Oh. Sorry." He apologized, taking his arm back, almost regretfully.

As we all walked to Mr. Rodgers classroom, I noticed Matt whispering something to Jen, still with his arm around her. She laughed and turned into the room. Brian, Johnny, and Jimmy kept walking straight, toward another classroom.

"He likes her."

"Huh?" It was my turn to be quizitive.

"Matt. He likes her." Zacky said.

"Who? Jen?" He nodded. I formed an O with my mouth and walked into the room.

Looking around, I saw that the room was half filled, and Matt was sitting in my normal seat, talking to Jen still. She was smiling like she was this morning.

A throat cleared behind me, so I turned to see Zacky still standing in the door.

He nodded his head, beckoning me out to him. I raised my eyebrows, but obliged.

"Hey, uh-" He began. "Do you think, uh, that, uh-" he tried to get out.

"Yeah?" I asked, trying to get him to spit it out.

"Do you think, that, uh, if Matt asked her out, that she would say, 'yes'?" He asked.

Total surprise. "I don't know." I answered truthfully.

"If you were her, would you say, 'yes'?"

"Most likely not."

"Why not? Got a boyfriend already?" He quizzed.

At this I had to laugh. "No. I just don't like him like that. Why?"

"Just wondering, because I think he is going to ask her."

"How do you know?" I raised my eyebrows again.

"Because every time a girl is all over him, and she comes around, he brushes that girl off of him. And he normally doesn't do that. Plus," He added, "He hasn't tried to hook up with a girl in a while. And you can't tell me you missed the arm around her and the whispering and him making her laugh." He smirked.

I thought about that for a second, and then noticed something. "You kept your arm around me."

He stopped smirking. "That was different." He looked down at his arm and pulled an imaginary bug off of his sleeve.

"Let's go back in the room... class is going to start soon." I half mumbled a little disappointed.

As we entered once more, I looked at Jen again. Matt was whispering something into her ear and she had a big, idiotic smile on. He pulled back and looked at her, and she nodded like a dork, making him smile. He leaned in and kissed her, making her blush slightly.
"Told ya." A voice behind me whispered.

I jumped and turned around to see Zacky inches from me.

"Told me what?" I half whispered.

"That he was showing signs of liking her." He leaned in to whisper next to my ear. He sent a small wave of shivers through my body. I turned my head a little to look at him.

Without warning, he turned ever so slightly and placed his lips upon my cheek. My turn to blush.

Mr. Rodgers cleared his throat, telling us to sit down, instead of standing in the middle of the room.

I took my seat in front of the one that I would normally sit in, but that one was taken by Matt, and I didn't see him moving into a different seat for little ol' me today. Zacky took the one next to me and in front of Jen.

"So, serious though," Zacky began. I looked at him and he continued. "You are not like the other chicks that are all over us all the time. Why not?"

"Ok. One, we are not other girls. Two, you guys are usually too full of yourselves. Three, you guys already have all of the girls in the school falling all over you. And four-" I counted them all out on my fingers. "Well, I haven't come up with four yet."

"Oh, but you were on a roll." He smirked even though I was putting down him and his buddies.

"Ok, number four; you guys are The T's." I chuckled, knowing he wouldn't get it.

"I am not a tease!" He said defensively. "Ok, maybe I am."

"No, not a tease, you guys are The T's."

"What's the difference?" He asked.

"The T's stands for Tough Shitters. A.K.A. you guys. Further explanation is prohibited." I smirked.

"Are you saying I'm a Tough Shitter?" He piped. I just nodded.

"Hey!" He turned around to look at Matt and Jen. "Hey, Matt."

Matt still had his hand on Jen's knee and was talking to her until he stopped when he was called by Zacky.

"Hmm?"

"Guess what?" He said, a little too happily.

"Huh?" Matt asked.

"We are considered tough shitters." He smiled like an idiot.

"So take a laxative, dude." Matt said, completely serious, and turned back to Jen.

Zacky looked like he just got slapped across the face, when he turned back to me.

"You know we are not all that bad, right?" He asked, regaining his straight face.

"Well, I do know that you're not that bad." I answered.

"Really?"

"Yeah. Now." I chuckled.

"So, now that I know you don't hate us, I have one more question for you."

"Am I on a game show here?" I questioned.

"No. But if I'm buggin' ya, just say so." He looked down and scratched his desk.

I have to say that he was kind of cute when he was half shy, half embarrassed.

"Oh, suck it up, and ask the question already. It can't be as bad as me having to explain what The T's stands for." I chuckled.

"Will you be my everyday birthday present?" He looked at me, right in the eye, not caring how loud he was talking, and not caring who heard.

For once, he went through with his offers. He was no longer a tease.

He was still looking at me with semi-pleading eyes. I smiled and nodded. He reached his hand out to mine, and entwined his fingers with mine. He leaned in and pressed his lips against mine, and even if it were for a moment, I could still feel the sparks fly.

I pulled back quickly, thinking of something.

"I don't have to wear a bow do I?" I joked.

He laughed, and for the first time ever, I could see caring and life in his eyes.

Nothing could spoil this day. I finally got the guy, and he got his birthday present.
♠ ♠ ♠
I HOPED YOU LIKED IT EMMA!!

Please message me, telling me what you think!

Here is a Zacky V. one shot for my Emma! It was for her birthday. So, if you haven't told her happy birthday (November 21), please do so! Show her the love.