Status: Complete

When Does the Pretending End?

Chapter 101- Girlie Catch Up

Lucy’s Pov

“So you’re a Wag” Tina says to me as we lay in her bed. I laugh. “Oh shut up” I say. “Can you please tell me how you ended up dating the guy who owned the car I destroyed” she asks. I hate lying to her but I can’t bare to see the look on her face if I told her how I agreed to pretend to be Cris’s girlfriend if he dropped the charges.

“I don’t know. We just started talking and I spent time with him” I say. “That’s it” she says. “We didn’t really get together until actually this day last week” I say smiling remembering our first day as a proper couple. “Really. That’s surprising. You two look like you have dated for years tonight” she says. “I know it was a shock for you” I say. “It was. I’m not going to lie. He was the last person I expected to see tonight” she says. “Thanks” I say. “For what” she asks.

“For been nice to him” I say. “He seems nice” she says. “He really is. And I don’t think I could have gotten through the last few weeks without him” I say.

“A united player” she says. “I know. I’m as shocked as you” I say laughing. “Just remember what footballers are like” she says. “Not all guys are like a city prick who shall not be named” I say. “I hope not” she says. “I trust him” I say. “That’s a big thing. You don’t trust easily” she says. I knew she is right. I guess after my Mum and my last boyfriend cheating on me. I don’t trust people too well.

“You thought that about the last one” she says. “Thanks for bringing that up” I say. “Sorry but it’s true” she says. “Who knows what the future holds. I’m just going to enjoy the here and now with Cris” I say.
“Just like old times heh” she says and I raise an eyebrow. “You and me chatting about boys and getting annoyed with each other” she says. “I guess” I say. “Already met the family” she asks. And you tell me it’s not serious yet” she says.

“Did I ever tell you about the time Lacey thought she needed to have a sisterly chat with me” I say. “No” she says. “Well not longer before she died” I say taking a breath to compose myself. “She was getting ready to go to a friends house, where there were going to be boys” I say. “Oo lala” she says. “I was teasing her about it. Jezz I was such a kid” I say remembering that night. “She was showing me how to apply make up and then suddenly she turned around and told me to forget about love a first sight. That a guy would be lucky to date each one of us” I say. “She was right” Tina says. “She reckoned that you get butterflies in your stomach” I say. “And you have them when your with Cris” she asks.”Ya. Even when I think about him” I say. “It’s nice to hear you speak about Lacey” she says. “I know I’m not the best to talk about her. But I seem to talk about her way more recently. I guess Cris makes it easy to speak to him about her. He was so amazing on her anniversary” I say.

“He was the guy who answered you phone that night” she asks and “Ya. I was so glad to hear from you that day” I say. “I’m sorry about everything. About not wanting to see you and for pushing you away. I was just too ashamed” she says. “No more sorrys. I’m sick of rehashing that day” I say.

“Your boyfriend reckoned you blamed yourself” she says. “His name is Cristiano you know” I say. “And he shouldn’t have said that” I say. “Don’t be angry with him. He let it slip. He was just telling me how happy you are” she says.

“My best friend a wag” she says and I fling a pillow at her. “You were one not that long ago” I say. “Ya but your guy is a decent player” she says. “I’d really like for you and Cris to get along” I say. “I’ll be nice to him. Don’t worry. I can see how much you two care about each other” she says.

******************Friday****************************

“Have you managed to get her into you united jersey yet?” Tina asks Cris as we eat lunch at my kitchen table. “No. She’s been a bit stubborn about that” he groans. And Tina laughs. It was nice watching them get along. I had enjoyed spending time with Tina but I had missed Cris a lot the last few days.

“Do we need to have that chat about me having good taste in footie teams” I say. “Lucky she has even better taste in boyfriends” Cris says to Tina who laughs. “Not short of confidence is he” she grins to me. “No he’s not” I say smiling as he sticks his tongue out at me.

“You don’t mind coming to the match tomorrow, Tina. Considering who we are playing” Cris asks. “It will be a fun day out. Just make sure you win” she says. To say I was worried about tomorrow would be putting it lightly. United were playing City. Which meant Tina’s ex boyfriend would be playing. “How did you get Josh to agree to watch a United match?” she asks. “Jack told him he’d try and convince Cris to kick Mich in the shins” I say.

“Thought it was you telling Luke about all the hot guys he’d get to watch” Cris says. “Ya that too. You know your brother. He hates the idea of Luke ogling over another guy” I grin. And Tina laughs. “I can understand why” Cris says pouting. “I wonder who will catch my eye in their shorts” I say. “You’re so bad” she says. “I know. But he enjoys it” I say.

“Anyway Jack doesn’t care who goes tomorrow as long as he goes” I say. “You defiantly have a fan there with Jack. Elena is only going to so she can spend time with her boyfriend” Tina says to Cris. “Ahh he’s not her boyfriend yet apparently” Cris says smirking at me. “She said sorry for kicking you” I say.

“So have you two had fun this week?” he asks. “Of course. It’s been nice getting back to normal” Tina says. “Ya you taking up the whole place with you paintings” I say. “Oh you can paint?” he asks. “She’s very good at it to. Plus drawing and pottery” I say. “I’m not that good” Tina says. “Yes you are. You always liked it. I was surprised you went on do accounting after school” I tell her. “No money in art. According to my father remember” she says. “No stopping you now” Cris says.

“You’re right. Maybe I’ll start to look if there are any jobs in a gallery or something while I take classes again” she says and I smile at Cris. “Can you paint from a photograph?” he asks as I clear the plates. “Ya. I’ve been doing a little of that while Lucy has been at work. Although everyone seems to be visiting me at the moment” she says. “Josh does know that you know he’s been sending Luke over here everyday right?” I ask.

“My brother can be annoying” she says. “Go easy on him. He’s only doing because he cares” Cris says. It was sweet that Cris was defending Josh. Even though Josh is still weary of him. “Do you think you could paint something for me?” I hear Cris ask Tina. “If you would like. What were you thinking?” she asks.

“Maybe paint a picture of my family for my Máe” he says. I laugh. “What are you laughing at?” he asks. “She asked me to paint something like that for her already” Tina says. He looks at me. “What. I thought it would make a nice Christmas present for her” I say. “That’s sweet” he says. “We could give it to her together” I say wrapping my arms around his neck. “That sounds like a great idea” he says. “Well if you want it by Christmas I need to get it finished” Tina says standing. “Thanks for the food, Lucy. See you tomorrow Cristiano” she says.

“She ok?” he asks. “I think so” I say taking a seat beside him. “You sure she should come tomorrow. With Mich and everything” he says. “Ya I think so. She doesn’t really seem bothered about him. She’s having dinner with Josh and Luke tomorrow night. She probably thinking of ways not to kill her brother” I say. “I could give her a few ideas” he mumbles. Cris hadn’t spoken to Hugo since he left and that doesn’t seem likey to change any time soon.

“Dolores sounds happy” I say to him and he groans. “It’s nice Cris” I say. “I’d rather not think about why she is happy” he says. “Have your sisters met him yet?” I ask. “Who Andrade?” he asks. “Unless your mother has more than one boyfriend then yes him” I say. “She has one too many for my liking but no they haven’t to answer your question. Katia is meant to meet him this weekend” he says. “Aww start with the easy sister” I say. “I guess” he says.

“So” he says pulling me into his lap. “If Tina is gone to Josh’s that means you are free” he says. “I guess it does” I say resting my head against his neck. “How about dinner with Coleen and Wayne?” he asks. “And here was me thinking you didn’t want to share me with anyone” I say and he laughs.

“After dinner gorgeous” he says. “I’d love to go to dinner with them” I say.

“Tomorrow should be fun” he says. “Ya it will be. I’m glad things are good” I say. “Me too” he says kissing me.
♠ ♠ ♠
So Tina and Lucy are getting back to their friendship,but will something happen to stop their friendship once more.

Thanks to kalamnamuhs123 and Jayme112234 for their comments.