Status: Complete

When Does the Pretending End?

Chapter 106- Love and Betrayal

Lucy’s Pov

His arm rest around my shoulder as we watch the sun set. This whole trip has been wonderful. I’m amazed he did all of this for us. For me. Meeting his grandmother today was so lovely. To see how proud she was of her grandson, was a lovely sight.

“Now why don’t you go upstairs and change. I believe there's something in your suitcase that you may like” he grins against my cheek. “Can’t I look around first” I say and he sighs. “It’s a house” he says. “Which is fab” I say walking over to the glass doors. “I like it and so does Máe” he says. “I can’t believe you brought me here and did all of this” I say turning to face him.

“I figured with you going to New York for Christmas soon, we needed to spend time alone together” he shrugs. “Is this my Christmas present?” I ask. “No” he smiles. “I wouldn’t care if it was” I say. “But you’d like something to unwrap all the same” he smiles wrapping his arms around my waist. “Well I could unwrap you” I smirk. “I swear you try to kill me sometime on purpose” he groans.

“Well I might have to let you unwrap me as a present. You are so hard to buy for” I say. “As cheesy as he sounds. All I want for Christmas is you. All I want is you” he says and I pull his head to mine.
He shows me to our bedroom and hands me my phone to call Tina. I wonder why he wants me to call her but he seems hell bent on me been busy enough that I wouldn’t stop him from getting dressed quickly himself.

“Cris” I call out as I make my way down the stairs. “Don’t come down” he shouts and runs to the bottom of the stairs. “Wow. You look stunning” he says. “Thank you. And thank you for the dress. You really are spoiling me” I say. “You deserve it” he says as I reach the bottom step. “I think I deserve” I whisper into his ear. “To know what you are up to” I say and he laughs. He kisses my forehead. “Close you eyes and hold my hand” he says and I roll my eyes. “Seriously” I say. “Please” he says holding out his hand.

I gasp when I open my eyes. “Cris” I say feeling tears building up. “You like” he says. “This is gorgeous” I say looking at the candle lit table in the room. “Not as gorgeous as you. Come sit and eat” he says.

I spent the whole dinner thinking how lucky I was. He had organised a private chef and done all of this for me. For us.

“What are you thinking?” he asks as we sit outside on the patio in front of the open fire. “How lucky I am” I say turning to look at him. “Thank you for doing all this” I say. “Your welcome. Desert?” he asks.

“Is this actual food?” I smirk. “And you think I only have one thing on my mind” he grins shifting me a little so he could stand. “You usual do when it comes to me” I grin up at him. “I actually had ice cream in mind. But we could always combined the two” he smirks and I throw a cushion at him.

“Feed me first then you can practice undressing me for Christmas” I say standing. “Have you given up on finding me a present?” he asks as we walk back inside the house. “No but who said I only had to buy you one” I say and hear him laugh as he heads to the kitchen.

“You won’t find anything good. There all Máe’s” he says as I look through the nearby CDs. “Hello Frank Sinatra isn’t bad. Oh Elvis” I say. He takes the CD and presses play.

As we sway to the music, he holds me close, humming the song into my ear.

“Take my hand, take my whole life too for I can't help falling in love with you, for I can't help falling in love with you” he sings.

I pull back from him and stare into his eyes. Did he just?

“We have an early start in the morning. We should go to bed” he says and lets me go and turns of the music. “Cris” I say but he’s already making his way towards the stairs.

What just happened there?

“Cris” I say walking through the bedroom door as he unbuttons his shirt. “It’s late” he says. Ok he doesn’t want to talk. Fine.

“I thought you were undressing me?” I ask and a smile appears on his face. “Well I wouldn’t want to disappoint you now would I” he says pulling me him. I giggle as his hands run down my body. “You know you’re the first girl I’ve ever had sleep in my room here” he says against me neck as one hand unzips my dress. He quickly pulls my dress down and lifts me of the ground. He lays me gently on the bed and smiles.

“I must be a very good boy” he says as he flicks off my heels and his lips move along my leg towards my thigh. “Very good” I mumble as he strokes me. He hovers over me and kisses my lips franticly.

“Cris” I say as his hands run over my body. “Sex now. Talk later” he says. “Cris” I say strongly and he move of me and lays beside me. “What’s the matter?” he asks stroking the side of my face. I roll onto my side and face him. “What you said downstairs?” I say. “I was just singing a song” he says and kisses my nose. We talked about a lot downstairs yet he knew what I was referring to.

“Cris” I say and he he lays onto his back moving his hand over his eyes. “It didn’t feel like you were just singing” I say; “What if I was?” he says. “Then I think that I wouldn’t like it” I say and his hand drops from his face.

He sits up and looks down at me.

“What if I said a guy could easily fall in love with you. What if I said that it’s not just his family that love you. What if I said that I love you Lucy” he says and wipes a tear off my cheek. “I’d say that I love you too” I say fighting back tears and he kisses me. “I love you so much” he says as our kiss intensives. “First and only girl in this bed” I say. “The only girl for me” he says smiling.

“Lucy lets go. We’ll be late” he shouts as I come down the stairs. “I’m coming” I groan. “I told you that you wouldn’t like this early start” he says. “Ya ya” I say as he takes my suitcase. “We need to go” he says as I move to the kitchen. “I’m just leaving your mother a letter” I say placing the letter on the kitchen counter. “What did you write?” he asks. “Just saying that I was sorry to miss her and that I’ll see her again soon. And that her son is the most amazing man” I say.

“You ready to go?” he asks. “Back to reality” I say and he nods. “Thank you for this weekend” I say. “Say it again” he smiles taking me in his arms. “Thank you for this weekend” I smirk. “You know what I meant” he says. “I love you” I say. “I love you too Lucy Smith” he grins.

“Hello Marcosa. Did you miss us?” I ask as the dog jumps up and down on me as we walk through the doors of Cris’s house. “She’s probably sick of Nuno not giving her attention” Cris says as we walk towards the living room. “You certainly brightened up since this morning” he says. “Well I had a very enjoyable plane journey” I grin kissing his cheek.

“Enjoy that happy moment cos it won’t last long” I hear Nuno say as he walks down the stairs. “What are you doing up so early. I thought you had plans last night?” Cris asks. “I did. But then I had a visitor arrive” he says. “Who?” I ask. “Am I missing the party?” a voice asks from the stairs.

“Great” I hear Cris mumble. “Did you have a nice time in Madeira?” Hugo asks as he walks to the couch. “It was wonderful. I can see why your brother likes it so much” I say. “I often find it hard to understand why my brother likes certain stuff or people” he smirks. “That’s it” Cris yells and I pull him back. “You have to get ready for training and I have to get ready for work. Let’s go unpack” I say and he storms up the stairs.

“I’m glad you have fun in Madeira. It’s such a shame you won’t be visiting again” Hugo says as I climb the stairs.

“I don’t give a shit what you think of me. But your brother cares about you. Grow up and act like the big brother he used to respect before you drive him away for good” I say and head upstairs.

“The nerve of him” Cris mutters to himself as he throws his shoes across the room. “Cris” I say. “Don’t even think of telling me to ignore him” he says. “Ok I won’t. But please don’t leave Hugo ruin how happy you were a few minutes ago” I say. He sighs. “I have you so I’m always going to be happy” he says.

“Good. Now I must shower and head to work before Josh forgets who I am” I say. “What’s your day like?” he asks. “I won’t be back till at least 8, I’m afraid. I really should go see Tina. Please don’t kill Hugo when I’m gone” I say. “I promise but it won’t be easy. I find some other way of entertaining myself until you come home” he says pulling me into his lap. “Home?” I say. “It only feels like home when you are here” he says.

“Urgh. And you think I’m trying to kill you with my actions” I smile. “Now let me shower and I’ll be back before you know it” I say pulling out of his hold.

“So tell me. How was your weekend?” Elena asks taking a seat in my office. I drop my pen on my desk and smile. “That good” she says. “Even better. Elena it was perfect. He planned so much. It’s was just perfect” I say leaning back into my chair.

“You know you appear to have a love of love on your face” she says. “That’s because I do” I say and she gasps. “You do. Don’t you?” she asks. I nod. “I really do. I don’t know how all of this happened? I’m so lucky to have found him” I say.

“I could tell that he loved you from the moment I say the way he look at you. I’m really happy for you Lucy” Elena says. “I’ve never being the happy. I’m waiting for penny to drop” I say. “Everything is going to be ok. You and Cristiano are made for each other” she says.

“I hope so” I say. “I need to talk. Please come to the house now” a text reads from Cris. “Everything ok?” Elena asks. “Ya Cris just wants to talk” I say. That was weird. I hope nothing has happened with Hugo I think.

“It’s funny how things worked out isn’t it” Elena said. “I know. Who would have thought I’d be with Cris after the first time that we met” I say. “We’ve come along way from that day” Elena says. “I know. To think how Tina was back then. It’s crazy that it’s only a few months ago. It feels like a few years” I say.

“Well good things have come from that day. Tina is happy with Mike. And you found Cris” she says.
“I have to admit. I was worried when I say Tina at the police station that day. I was so glad when I got that phone call on the Wednesday to say Cristiano was dropping the charges against Tina. I knew she had a chance of not going to jail then” Elena says.

“You mean Monday” I say. “Sorry?” she asks confused. “You said Wednesday. About Cris dropping the charges. You told me on the following Monday that he was dropping the charges” I say. “Ya I did. But I only told you when I knew for certain she wouldn’t go to jail for destroying his car. I didn’t want to get your hopes up” she says. “Monday” I whisper.

“Lucy. What’s the matter?” she asks making her way around my desk. “I went to him on the Friday” I whisper. “And?” she asks. “We made that deal that I would pretend to be his girlfriend then. He told me he would drop the charge against Tina” I say.

“I don’t understand” Elena says.

“He dropped the charges on the Wednesday not Friday. I didn’t need to pretend to be his girlfriend. He lied to me” I say. “But you’re not pretending anymore” Elena says. “It doesn’t matter. He lied. He lied to me” I say standing and grabbing my bag.

“Where are you going?” Elena asks. “If he wants to talk. Then we are going to talk” I say opening the door.

“Cristiano” I yell banging the door to his house closed. “Cristiano Ronaldo Dos Santos Averio” I shout rushing to the living room. “Lucy. What are you doing back so early?” he asks running down the stairs with his shirt unbuttoned.

“You texted saying you wanted to talk. But it’s me who wants to talk” I yell. “What text?” he asks. “You lied to me” I shout. “What? When? Lucy what’s the matter?” he asks as his hand goes to my face. I push him away. “Don’t touch me” I shout. “Lucy” he says. “You lied to me. You lied to me from the start” I yell. “I didn’t lie to you” he says. “”So you hadn’t already dropped the charges against Tina before I agreed to pretend to be you girlfriend?” I say.

“Oh” he says running at hand through his hair. “Oh. Is that all you have to say” I say throwing my hands up in disbelief at what I have just found out.

“Cristiano” a voice calls out. “Who is here?” I ask. “No one. Look Lucy come up stairs and we can talk” he says. “Cristiano have you forgotten about me” the voice says again and I turn to look towards the hall.

Oh my God. Oh my God I think as I hold my hand to my mouth. This can’t be happening.

This can’t be happening I think as I stare at the tall woman dressed only in Man United jersey.
♠ ♠ ♠
They both love each other and are so happy. But will Cristiano's lie about dropping the charges change things. Is Lucy correct in feeling hurt about his lie? And who is the woman?

What did you think of Lucy's reaction to Hugo and the rest of their trip.

Thanks to ariana_aemming and Jayme112234 for their comments.

Only one more chapter left, so let me know what you think as you haven't much time left.