Status: Complete

When Does the Pretending End?

Chapter 21- Breakfast Is Served

Cristiano’s Pov

Thankfully the game went well and I scored. So now I only had to worry about dinner tonight. Although yesterday went well, i’m still nervous about all Elma’s questions. Of all my family she will be the one that will keep asking about Lucy. When the door bell rings I try to answer the door but Katia waved me away. She arrived wearing a simple black skirt with tights. “Hi Lucy” I say kissing her forehead. “Lucy come play” Rodrigo says running up to Lucy. “So did you see my game” I ask. “No but I heard you won” she replies. “He played so good” Máe says as she hugs Lucy. “I’m sure he did” Lucy says smiling. “So did your football team win today” I ask her. “Maybe they did and maybe they didn’t” she says. Naturally she won’t tell me who she supports.

“Lucy, come play” Rodrigo shouts. “Can you take this” she says handing me a box. “What is it?” I ask. “I made cupcakes” she says and heads off to find Rodrigo. Really she baked i think as I head to the kitchen. “Here Máe, Lucy made some cupcakes” I say placing the box on the counter. “Wow my little brother is dating someone who can cook. Normally they can barely string a sisenble sentence together” Elma says sipping a glass of water. “A bit like your men” I say. Soon we are eating and Máe is quizing Lucy about her work.

“Ok I think it’s someones bed time” Katia says when Rodrigo lets out a yawn.Poor kid he looks so tired after his day. “But Mama” he says. “But nothing bed” she says. He gets up and Máe follows him upstairs leaving just my sister, Nuno and me and Lucy at the table.
“You are staying tonight” Elma asks.I could tell Lucy was looking at me but I didn’t to look at her as I didn’t know what to say. “It’s not like you haven’t stayed before. Plus you have to taste Máe’s breakfast” Elma says. “Of course she is” I say putting my hand around her pulling her towards me. Lucy just nods. “We’ll do the dishes” Lucy says handing me a plate. I know that look. That’s her she’s about to tell me off look. “What did you want me to say. My girlfriend would stay with me” I say as I follow her into the kitchen. “Hey no fighting, they’re watching you” Nuno says. Would he just back off.

“Does all this not bother you?” Lucy whispers to me as she placed some dishes into the sink. Of course it does. I hate lting to my family I think.“I’ll buy you something pretty for your troubles” I say as Katia and Elma left the table. “Hey you know they are plenty of girls out there who would jump at the chance of spending the night in my bed with me” I say. “I’m not like your bimbos” she says backing away from me. “And i don’t want you buying me things likes your own personal escort?” she says running the water in the sink. “Well you did sell yourself freely” I say.

Shit. Thats not what I meant. Lucy looks at me with the same hate she had in her eyes the day I asked her to spend the night with me. And that day she slaped me across the face.
“Lucy i’m sorry i didn’t mean that” I say. “Don’t talk to me” she says turning back to the sink. “Hey Lucy, Rodrigo wants you to read him a story would you mind” Katia asks coming into the kicthen. “Everything ok” she asks. Great just what I need. “Yeah, Lucy just wants Marcosa to sleep with us tonight” I say wrapping my arms around Lucy’s waist and placing a kiss to her cheek. I swear she shivered. And it wasn’ a good shiver.

“I’ll read him a story. Can you get my bag from the car Nuno, it’s in the boot, please” Lucy says quickly pulling out of my arms .“What did you do? Katia asks as Lucy runs up the stairs. “Opened his mouth” Nuno says. “Shut up Nuno” I snap. “It’s nothing Katia really” I say. “She’s really lovely Cristiano. Don’t do anything stuipd” Katia says.”I’m going to bed. Noite” I say as I head to the movie room. “Hey boy”I say as Marcosa comes running up to me. “Sorry you had to stay in here” I say as the dog wags his tail. “Lets go to bed boy. Hopefully you can cheer up Lucy” I say.

When I open the door to my bedroom Marcosa runs to his bed on the floor. There was no sign of Lucy but I could hear the sink running in the bathroom. She wasn’t crazy about having to sleep in my bed before I opened my big mouth. I hear the door open and watch as she walks out on a pair of black pjama bottoms and a tank top. She looked.............. Never mind must talk not look at her.
“Lucy i’m sorrrrrrrrrrrrrr” I begin to say but the pillow in my face stops me from talking. “You can take the couch” she says to me as she threw back the covers of the bed. What the hell. “No way it’s my house” I say. “And i’m a guest” she replies. “I’m not sleeping on the couch” I says throwing the pillow back at her. What is it with her and throwing pillows at me. “Then go find another bed to sleep in. I’m sure Nuno won’t mind sharing his bed with you” she says turning of the lamp on the bedside table leaving the room in darkness. Like hell I’m sleeping with Nuno. I am not giving him the satisfaction of knowing Lucy threw me out.

“And what would I tell Máe” I ask as I turned the lamp back on. “Tell her her son is an idoit.I’m sure she would believe that” she says turning to face away from me. She was right there. “And do you want to face all the questions about why I didn’t stay with you” I say throwing back the covers to see how her body layed on the bed. “Fine. You stay on your side and i’ll stay on mine” she says pulling the covers back over her. “Not going to argue anymore” I say smiling. “I’m too tired to argue” she sighs. At least when shes arguing we me she’s talk to me. Great. “Sit Marcosa” I say as the dog jumps onto the bed. “Hello cutie. What are you doing here” Lucy says a smile appearing on her face. “I thought you’d like to see him. He was in the movie room during dinner. Plus I told Katia that’s what we were discussing when you left to go to Rodrigo’s room” I say. Plus I thought he would get me out of the dog house. I turn of the lamp and head to the bathroom. I look in the mirror. I have a beautiful girl in my bed and all she wants to do is kill me.

A couple minutes later I get into the bed as Marcosa moved to the end of the bed. I lie on my back looking up to the ceiling. Lucy has her back turned away from me and is as far away from me as possible. Any further and she will fall off the bed. “I am sorry Lucy. I shouldn’t have said what I said” I whisper. I roll onto my side to face her. Not knowing if she is listening I contuine “You’re worth ten times an escort. And I really do appreciate you pretending doing all this. I know it isn’t easy for you” I say. “Your family are lovely. You on the other hand” she says. “Is an idoit” I finish and I hope she was smiling. “I mean it though. You are nothing like an escort” I say.

“Have you ever been.......” she begins to say but stops. I know what she is asking. “No I haven’t. Contray to what the papers say I have never paid for a prosestuite” I say and she turns to lie on her back. “None of my business” she says.“I know it’s not but....it doesn’t matter” I say. It isn’t her business but I don’t want her to think I sleep with anybody.
“Ok well I may have slept with an escort but I didn’t pay her to sleep with me” I rush out. “It still counts if someone else paid” she says rolling away from me and it takes every bone in my body not to pull her back to me.

“She wasn’t paid. She thought I was hot. I even dated her for a week” I say. Which was true. Nani had a party one night and a bunch of girls came. Must of them were working though. “Girls just can’t resist you right” she says. Jealosus much I think. Not hope though.“And I’m hardly going to say no, now am I” I say “No but I will” Lucy says. “Noite Lucy” I say annoyed that she did say no.
I hardly slept during the night. I was afraid I’d put my arms around Lucy when I slept. I didn’t need her waking up to me all over her. She was mad with me as it was. She looked so cute with the covers wrapped around her. She hardly took up any of the bed.

Beep, beep,beep.The alarm goes and Lucy shouts “Shut it off, shut if off”. “ Morning darling” I say reaching over to turn off the alarm.“Call me darling again and I’ll be the last girl you have in your bed. “Thats fine by me” I mummble.
“What time is it?” she asks. “What did you say?” I say pulling down the cover of her head. “You heard me” she says trying to pull the cover back. “I know I just wanted to see you. Not a morning person are you” I smirk. “Shut up”she says grabbing the cover and rolling back onto her side. “I’m going to take a shower then we can head down for breakfast” I say. Although I’d rather stay in bed.

“More questions” she says. “Yeah sorry about that” I say turning to face her.“It shows they care Cristiano. You know they are worried about you. They don’t like you been in the papers for one” she says. I know they do. I watch Marcosa move to Lucy. She rubs Marcosa and looks straight at me. “You never told me about your father” she says. Wow she wants to go there. “What’s there to tell” I say. “When did he die?” she asks. “A year three weeks ago” I say. “You must really miss him” Lucy says. “Yeah” I say walking into the bathroom. I hate talking about my Papí’s death and there is no way i’m going to talk to it with Lucy dressed in only my boxers.

I jump into the shower for only a few minutes. I needed to get downstairs before Elma started specalating about Lucy and mine’s relationship. I head back to the bedroom and watch as Lucy stand at mirror. She didn’t look happy about what she was seeing. Which was totally crazy. It was nice to see her looking so relaxed. Well dressed relaxing. The thought of breakfast was making her nervous. Or maybe its the thought of been here with me.

“You ready to go down” I say to her. “You were quick” she says. “I only take my time if I had someone in the shower with me” I say standing behind her. "You can join me next time" I say. “You must take a long time in the showers with your team mates so she says. No the image I was thinking.

“Glad to see you survived Cris” Nuno says when we leave the bedroom. “Yeah Marcosa saved him” Lucy says. Yeah the dog got me out of the dog house. “You too need to be more affectionate with each other. Elma is starting to ask questions” Nuno says. I smirk down at Lucy. “Just a little when they are in the room. You want them to beleive you are a couple” Nuno says. “Yeah I think your are right Nuno. Come on lets get some breakfast” I say grabbing Lucy’s hand. “Smile sweetheart. Our audinence awaits” as we reach the bottom step and I wrap my arm around her waist.

“Bom dia. You two hungry” Máe asks as we step into the kicthen. “Manhã Máe” I say kissing her cheek and keeping Lucy close to me. “Morning Dolores. Breakfast sounds lovely” Lucy says pulling my arm off her waist and heads over to the table. “Coffee,coffee” Elma says walking into the kitchen. “Good morning to you too, Elma” I say. “Shut up little brother” Elma says pouring a cup of coffee. “And I thought you weren’t a morning person” I say to Lucy as I sit beside her at the table. She groans and I can’t help laugh. “Pancakes are ready” Máe says placing a plate full on the table. “Mmmmm these smell lovely” Lucy says. “My Máe makes the best pancakes” I say to Lucy as I placed a pancake on her plate. “Try one” I say. “Oh these are so good” Lucy says pratcically moaning over the pancake. “It’s nice to see a girl with an appeite” Máe says smiling.

“Lucy” Rodrigo says as he runs to the table. “Hello cutie” she says picking him up so he sat on her lap. “We’re going home today and I get to see Papa” Rodrigo says smiling up to Lucy. “Really today. I bet he can’t wait to see you” Lucy says to him. “Yeah but we are back next week with Zé” Katia says. “Pancakes” Rodrigo shouts. “Here you go sweetie” Lucy says putting a pancake onto a plate for Rodrigo. “Hey thats mine” I say. “And he’s your nephew” Katia says.
♠ ♠ ♠
I wanted to show Cristiano's point of view about what he said to Lucy so I wrote a lot therefore the next chapter will be from Cristiano's point of view also.

Keeping commenting and remember to subscribe.