Status: Complete

When Does the Pretending End?

Chapter 23- Game Day

Lucy’s Pov

That was not part of the deal I think as I help Rodrigo wash his hands. I knew there was going to be trouble as soon as Cristiano smirked at me outside his bedroom door. “You too need to be more affectionate with each other” Nuno had said. Hell I should have ran when he agreed with Nuno.

When we arrived into the kitchen I was hit with the smell of food. Dolores certainly loved the kitchen. Breakfast was lovely. Well the food bit. The other bit was well I can’t think of a word to describe it. Everything was going well. I was sitting eating pancakes and enjoying having Rodrigo sit on my lap. He was so excited to be seeing his Papa.

Everything was fine until I had gotten up to get juice for Rodrigo. I had sat him in my chair and had headed to the fridge. When I had gotten back to the table Elma was rolling her eyes and Cristiano had a frown on his face. I wasn’t expecting Cristiano to pull me onto his lap. I even let out a sequel. Cristiano had tried to stop me from moving. He completed tried to ignore the fact that I was on his lap.

“No he’s not. In fact he’d love you all to stay forever. Isn’t that what you told me last night, Cristiano” I had smirked at him reminding him I was here when Elma had said how much he Cristiano was looking forward to all of them leaving. I was surprised that Dolores and everyone was leaving so quickly to go back to Portugal. I didn’t mind them been around as much as I thought.
Cristiano placed a kiss on my cheek and had run his finger down my back like he every right to do so.

“What are you doing?” I whispered into his ear. “Just listening to Nuno” he said before kissing my neck. I felt his hand stroking my stomach. His finger moved over my bottom lip and I couldn’t help but shiver. “I think that's enough” I said and he looked into my eyes and said “Not nearly enough sweetheart”. I was trying to speak but he cut me off with his lips. I forgot how good of a kisser he was. I was so embarrassed when Dolores had spoken. I had forgotten that there were others at the table.

“Lucy are you going to miss me” Rodrigo says staring at me from his bed. “Sorry Rodrigo, what did you say sweetie” I say standing away from the dresser stopping myself from thinking about that kiss. “I said are you going to miss me” he says. “Of course I will” I say picking him up and swinging him around.

Soon it was time for everyone to leave and we were all saying our goodbyes in the living room. “Adeus Lucy. It was lovely to meet you” Dolores says to me as she gives me a warm hug goodbye. “It was nice to meet you too Dolores. Have a safe flight” I say. “Bye Lucy. See you next week” Rodrigo says running past me towards the door. “Bye Rodrigo” Cristiano shouts after him with a laugh.

“Guess we know who their new favourite is” Nuno says after we wave goodbye to Cristiano’s family. “Yeah” Cristiano says. “That went well. I think they believe ye two anyway. Well after breakfast, I think even Elma is sure” Nuno smirks looking between Cristiano and I.

************************************Friday*******************************

“Hey Lucy do you think this makes me look fat” Elena asks as she twirls in a black and white dress around in the stores changing room. “If you’re fat in that, then I’m a princess” I say checking my phone. “Expecting someone to call” Elena asks. “Yeah Josh. He was meeting his Dad and Tina’s doctors today in London” I say. “She sounds like she’s getting on ok. I’m mean anytime she speaks to me she seems coherent although she doesn’t know why she’s there” Elena says. “Well at least she’s talking to you” I grumble.

“I know Luce. I’m sorry. But she only ever discusses her case with me. She still hasn’t agreed to plead guilty next week” Elena says wrapping her arm around my shoulders. “Hopefully she’s change her mind” I say again checking my phone. “I thought you were checking to see if your mystery man was calling you” Elena jokes. “What man” I ask hoping she hasn’t found out about mine and Cristiano’s so called relationship. “The reason I haven’t seen you all this week” Elena says as she heads back behind the curtain to change. “I’ve been in Newcastle working all week you know that” I say through the curtain. “Yeah I know. I was just hoping you would jump into bed with some hot guy” she says back to me. “Elena” I laugh. “I’m sorry but foxy lady you need a man. You are always working. All work and no play, makes Lucy a very dull girl” she laughs walking out with the dress over her arm.

“I’m not dull. And you work just as must as me. Anyway men only complicate things” I say. “Come on I assume you are buying that dress” I continue as we walk to the cash register. “Of course. I’ll wear it in Paris tomorrow” she smiled. “Paris. Oh la la. I still think your boss wants to sleep with you if he is taking you to Paris” I say walking out of the shop. “He does not. We are working” she snaps. “Ok I believe you” I laugh. “I’ll see you for dinner tonight” Elena said as we said our goodbyes and I headed to my car.

Hell Paris sounded good to me. My weekend was going to involve a football match and more lying. I hadn’t spoken to Cristiano since I left his house on Sunday. I had to leave for Newcastle on Monday night and didn’t get back until last night. Anyway I didn’t need to talk to him. It’s not like we have anything in common not to mind a reason to talk. Nuno had texted me a few times during the week. Just asking how I was and when I was coming back to Manchester. Katia was arriving today for the weekend with Rodrigo and her husband Zé. Even though I was going to be lying this weekend I was sort of looking forward to spending time with Rodrigo and Katia.

“Hey Lucy how are you?” Cristiano says on opening the door. “Hey Cristiano. I’m good how was your week? ”I ask. “Ok just trained a lot” he said as we just stood by the door. “Marcosa, hello boy” I say as the dog walks up. “Katia is in the living room” he says. “Have they said anything about us” I ask. “Only about how lovely you are” Cristiano says. “Well that’s only reasonable. I am lovely” I smile back at me.

“Cristiano would you stop kissing her already. Some people want to see her” Nuno shouts out. Cristiano and I look at each clearly not knowing what to say. “Remind me why I like your cousin” I say to Cristiano. “Your guess is as good as mine” he smiles.

“We should go in” I say. “Lucy, Lucy” Rodrigo shouts as he jumps of his mother’s lap. “Hello Rodrigo. How’s my favourite boy” I say picking him up. “Did you miss me?” he asks tilting his head at me. “Of course I did” I say dropping him onto his feet. “So this is the famous Lucy” a voice says from the stairs. “Lucy, this is my husband Zé. Zé this is Cristiano’s girlfriend Lucy” Katia says. “It’s nice to meet you Zé” I say as he kisses both my cheeks. “The pleasure is all mine. I can see why you have kept her to yourself, Cristiano” he says looking me up and down. Boy was I glad I had worn a trousers suit today. “Rodrigo has been telling us how much he wanted to see you” Nuno says. “I’m sure not as much as my brother” Katia jokes. “Why don’t I get you a drink Lucy” Cristiano asks placing his hand on my left arm. “That would be nice, thanks” I say and we walk towards the fridge.

“Nuno wasn’t joking. Rodrigo has been talking about you since he arrived” he says handing me a glass of juice. “He’s really sweet” I say. “So what have you been doing this week?” he asks. “Just working” I say as we both struggle to find something to talk about.

“You’re coming to the match tomorrow right? Cristiano asks. “Yeah I promised Rodrigo. Plus I can’t leave Katia on her own with all the boys now I can” I say. “That’s great” he says with a big grin on his face. And I couldn’t resist smiling at him. “I mean it’s good because Katia would expect my girlfriend to come watch me” he says. “Yeah I figure as much” I say looking towards Rodrigo and Katia on the couch. “I must get you a jersey to wear” Cristiano says. “No need to go to any trouble” I say.

“Why you already have one” he smiles. “No I don’t” I say shaking my head. “Why not?” he questions
“I don’t support Man United so I’m not wearing one” I say turning to look at him. “But my loving girlfriend would wear one” he says annoyed.

“Read my lips. I am not wearing your jersey” I say slowly
.
“So you’ll sleep in my bed, laugh at my jokes but you won’t wear a stupid jersey” he says. “I didn’t have a choice of sleeping in your bed and I don’t laugh at your jokes since you’re not funny” I whisper as I walk to the couch.

“You don’t make sense” Cristiano says clearly in disbelief that I wouldn’t wear his jersey. “She’s a woman of course she doesn’t make sense” Zé chimes in.

“What’s up” Katia asks. “Your brother here, wants me to wear his Man United jersey even though I don’t support them. I said no and now he’s sulking” I say to her. “I am not sulking” he says with a scowl on his face. Nuno lets on a laugh. “Cris she doesn’t have to wear one. Grow up. I’m not wearing one” Katia says. “Would you like to stay for dinner, Lucy” Nuno asks. “Thanks Nuno but I’m meeting my friend. I only came to say hi” I say. “Well isn’t that nice” Zé says. “I better go. I’ll see you all tomorrow” I say and Rodrigo jumps up to give me a hug.

I spent that evening chatting over dinner about Elena’s trip to Paris. Josh hadn’t run about Tina so I was still none the wiser about her. The following day I headed to Old Trafford to watch Cristiano play. Katia met me at my car and we headed Cristiano’s private box. I like watching football though I never thought I’d be at Old Trafford “supporting” one of their players in front of his family.

You’re wearing red” Katia says to me as we take our seats in the box. “Yeah. Since he made such a big deal about the jersey I thought wearing red might well stop him from sulking” I say watching as the players took the pitch.” He only sulks when it’s important to him” Katia says watching as Rodrigo took his seat next to his dad. “Lucy look there’s Tío Cris” Rodrigo says pointing to Cristiano on the pitch. “I see him sweetie” I say.

“Is this your first time at a match” Zé asks turning to look at me. “No. I mean yes” I stutter. “What do you mean no and yes” he asks raising an eyebrow. “What I mean is yes I have been to a football match before, but I’ve never seen Cristiano play in person” I say mumbling the last bit. “First time for everything” Nuno says.

The match was a bit dull to say the least. Rodrigo got bored after twenty minutes and wanted to play cars with me. Then ten minutes from the end Cristiano got the ball and by passed three players before striking the ball and placing into the right hand top corner.

“Yippee” we all screamed and Katia and I jumped out of our seats. “Thought you didn’t support Man United” Nuno smirks at me. “I don’t but it was a good goal” I say quickly sitting back down. “She is allowed to celebrate for her boyfriend’s goal” Katia says to Nuno. “Exactly” I say back to her as Nuno can’t wipe the smile of his face.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's a long chapter but I couldn't stop writing. Lol. What do you think of Zé and Lucy's reaction to Cristiano's goal.