Status: Complete

When Does the Pretending End?

Chapter 24- I'm Not Whipped

Cristiano’s Pov

Finally the end of the week was nearly here. Katia and Zé had arrived early today and Zé had waited no time in asking me why I hadn’t told him about Lucy. What did he want me to tell him? Sorry Zé but I didn’t have a girlfriend that I knew about until last week and she’s not really my girlfriend.

Speaking of my so called girlfriend, I hadn’t spoken to Lucy since she left on Sunday afternoon. It’s not my business what she gets up to. Although I heard she was busy at work. Well that’s what Nuno told me anyway since Lucy and he had apparently spoken. “Cristiano, Lucy’s car just pulled in” Nuno shouts and I quickly jump up from the couch to get the door.

“Hey Lucy how are you?” I say as I open the door to her. “Hey Cristiano. I’m good how was your week? ”she asks. “Ok just trained a lot” I say “Have they said anything about us” she asks. “Only about how lovely you are” I say. “Well that’s only reasonable. I am lovely” she says smiling back at me. Well isn’t that the truth I think.

“Cristiano would you stop kissing her already. Some people want to see her” Nuno shouts out. Shut it Nuno I think. “Remind me why I like your cousin” Lucy says to me. “Your guess is as good as mine” I say. Really I don’t know why you like him so much.

“Lucy, Lucy” Rodrigo shouts as he jumps of his Katia’s lap. “Hello Rodrigo. How’s my favourite boy” she says picking him up. “Did you miss me?” he asks tilting his head at her. “Of course I did” Lucy says dropping him onto his feet. Katia introduced Zé to Lucy. “The pleasure is all mine. I can see why you have kept her to yourself, Cristiano” Zé says looking her up and down. And I thought Nuno was a pain around her. “Rodrigo has been telling us how much he wanted to see you” Nuno says. “I’m sure not as much as my brother” Katia jokes. Somehow I don’t think so sis I think.
“Why don’t I get you a drink Lucy” I ask Lucy placing my hand on her arm. “Nuno wasn’t joking. Rodrigo has been talking about you since he arrived” I say as we stand by the fridge. “He’s really sweet” she says. I hope she was talking about Rodrigo.

“You’re coming to the match tomorrow right? I ask her. “Yeah I promised Rodrigo. Plus I can’t leave Katia on her own with all the boys now I can” she says. “That’s great” I say and she smiles at me. “I mean it’s good because Katia would expect my girlfriend to come watch me” I continue. “Yeah I figure as much” she says looking towards Rodrigo and Katia. Good she coming. “I must get you a jersey to wear” I say. “No need to go to any trouble” she replies.

“Why you already have one” I ask. I knew she was playing with me about hating my club jersey. No I don’t” she says shaking her head. “Why not?” I ask. “I don’t support Man United so I’m not wearing one” she says turning to look at me. “But my loving girlfriend would wear one” I say annoyed.

“Read my lips. I am not wearing your jersey” she says slowly and I watch her ruby red lips that were on mine recently. “So you’ll sleep in my bed, laugh at my jokes but you won’t wear a stupid jersey” I say.
“I didn’t have a choice of sleeping in your bed and I don’t laugh at your jokes since you’re not funny” she whispers. Hey I’m funny and she so wanted to sleep in my bed.
“You don’t make sense” I say. “She’s a woman of course she doesn’t make sense” Zé chimes in. Aint that the truth I think.

“What’s up” Katia asks. “Your brother here, wants me to wear his Man United jersey even though I don’t support them. I said no and now he’s sulking” Lucy says. “I am not sulking” I say Nuno lets on a laugh. “Cris she doesn’t have to wear one. Grow up. I’m not wearing one” Katia says.

***********************************Game Day*******************************

“Hey Ronnie remember we have the night out for Wayne’s birthday next weekend” Rio says standing in front of me. “Yeah I remember” I say back to him. “Of course he remembers. He’s already practicing his chat up lines” Wayne jokes. “I don’t need practice” I say. “Right guys every out to warm up” the coach shouts.

“Hey Ronnie you ok?” Nani asks. “Yeah, I’m fine” I mumble. “Cheer up. We win today and we can head out to find some chicas later” he says. I have one around and she’s a pain. “Can’t sister is here” I say running off. Seriously Lucy can pretend to be my girlfriend but she can’t pretend to like wearing my jersey. Forget about her. I had a game to think about.

The game went brilliantly. Well we won. And I scored. Ten minutes from the end I got the ball and place it into the right hand top corner. I was buzzing and couldn’t wait to meet up with everyone. Katia had decided she wanted to cook even though Zé wanted to go out. Thankfully she persuaded him. “I know you and Lucy don’t want to get photographed together right now” she had said. My sister was sweet sometimes. “Did you enjoy the game” I ask Lucy as we take our seats at the table.
“Yeah it was fun” she says. “Lucy jumped up when you scored” Rodrigo says laughing. Did you now? I say smiling to her. “Maybe” she mumbled quickly turning to face Nuno. So little miss darling is a fan I think.

“Hey Cris you heading out later” Zé asks. “Wasn’t planning to” I say placing my hand around Lucy’s shoulders. “Should have guested” he says. “Guessed what” I ask. “That you are already whipped” he says. “He’s not whipped. He can go out if he wants to” Lucy says defensively. “Yeah she’s right. I’m not whipped. I just don’t feel like going out” I say. “Yeah right” he mumbles. “Maybe Cris likes to spend time with his family” Katia says getting up from the table. “Remember what that’s like” she say to Zé as she passes him.

What the hell was that about? Katia never talks to Zé like that especially in front of Rodrigo. “Can we watch a movie” Rodrigo says. “That sounds good buddy. What would you like to watch?” I ask him.

“Shrek” he says getting of his chair and walking around to Lucy. How did I know he was going to say that film. “Can we please?” he says trying to get onto Lucy’s lap. “No” Nuno and I say together. “Why not?” Lucy asks me. “Yeah Tío Cris, why?” Rodrigo says smirking. Seriously when did this kid learn to smirk. “Because we watch it every time” I say rubbing his head. “But not with Lucy” he says tilting his head to her. “Yeah not we me” Lucy says tilting her head to the left. “Guess we are watching Shrek” Nuno says getting up from the table. I give a look. “Come on. Saying no to Rodrigo maybe, but there is no way you can say no to Lucy and Rodrigo” he says laughing. “Yippee” Lucy and Rodrigo shout and he jumps of Lucy to following Nuno to the movie room. “Why are you looking at me like that” Lucy says to me sipping her glass. “He’s the kid remember” I say to her. “There’s a kid in all of us, Cristiano” Lucy says.

“Where is Rodrigo” Katia asks reaching the table. “Movie room with Nuno. He wants to watch Shrek” I say placing my hand on Lucy’s shoulder. She looks at me and smiles. “Right” she says. “Katia let’s leave the boys here to tidy up and we can go into Rodrigo” Lucy says. “Hey that’s her job” Zé says pouring another glass of wine. “Shut it Zé” I say and Katia storms off with tears in her eyes. “You go in Lucy. We’ll clean up” I say placing my hands on the table. “Ok” she says looking between Zé and me. Then she surprises me my placing a kiss on my cheek and leaves.

“What is wrong with you?” I question Zé. “Me. You are the one who is whipped” he says. “Forget about Lucy. I was talking about all your drinking and the tension with my sister” I say. “It’s not your business” he says pushing out his chair from the table. “It is my business when you upset my sister” I shout after him as heads for the door.

“What a mess?” I whisper to myself as I pick up some of the dishes. “You ok?” Lucy asks looking at me. “I know you can’t choose your family but I wish you could choose who they marry” I mumble to her. “Leave them. I’ll do them in a while” she says pointing to my hands. “It’s ok. You go back in and watch the movie” I say. “Rodrigo would like some popcorn” she says walking towards me. “Ok, I’ll make some” I say putting the dishes back onto the table. While I make the popcorn Lucy begins to clean of the table. “You don’t have to tidy up” I say. “I know. I’m just cleaning the table. Maybe I could persuade Nuno to do the washing up” she says smiling. “I like the sound of that” I say laughing.

“Well it would be good practice since he’s cleaning up the breakfast ware in the morning” she says picking at the bowl of popcorn I had just poured. “I don’t understand” I ask. “He told Rodrigo that I’d make him breakfast in the morning” she says picking up the bowl and turning away from me. “So that means you are staying here tonight” I say smiling. “Guess it does” she says.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the delay. Thanks for all the comments.