Status: Complete

When Does the Pretending End?

Chapter 27- Comfy Enough

Lucy’s Pov

The look of pain in his eyes when he asked me to stay, there was no way I could say no. Then he surprised me by coming back into the kitchen. “Did you forget something” I ask him. “Thanks” he says and kisses me on my forehead and walks away. I clean up the kitchen and head upstairs for a shower and to change. I check my phone and quickly text Josh asking was there any news about Tina. I hear music playing and I look around to see where the noise was coming from. The music still plays as I pick up a pillow. I notice a phone on the ground and see the words

“Máe” on the screen. Considering my phone was on the bedside table and I don’t talk to my mother I assume its Cristiano’s. I hold the phone in my hand and I decide to answer it. “Óla” I say. “Lucy, is that you” Dolores says. “Yes it is. Cristiano forgot his phone. How are you Mrs. Averio” I ask. “I’m well. And it’s Dolores please” she says.

I spend the next two hours talking to her on the phone. We discuss everything from my work to Cristiano’s match. She also told me she would talk to Katia about Zé and to mind Cristiano. She knew Katia was heading home but I decided not to say anything about them yelling at each other. While making lunch I decide to turn on the radio and soon Abba’s Dancing Queen comes on. I hum to the song and dance around the kitchen cooking. I look up from the cooker to see Cristiano looking at me.

“Hey Lucy” he say smiling. “Hey how was training” I ask quickly turning off the radio. “Ok. Where is Zé?” he asks. “Games room with Nuno. I’m making spaghetti bolognaise for lunch if you want some” I say. “If it is as good as breakfast then yes I do” he says. “Your mother rang” I say handing him his phone. “I left it behind. Did you speak to her?” he asks sounding a little worried. “Yeah for over two hours. She just wanted to tell you how much she was looking forward to seeing you on Thursday. And she told me to make sure you don’t yell at Zé” I say.

“She expects me to be nice to him after he upset my sister” Cristiano says loudly. “Yes because you are a good little boy” I say smiling. “You were diffently talking to my mother” he says groaning. And I start to laugh.

“Is the food ready” Zé says coming into the room. “Nearly” I say. “Have you heard from Katia?” Cristiano asks. “They got home ok” he replies. “I’m surprised you know” Cristiano says. “Zé can you get Nuno the food is ready” I say before Zé can answer Cristiano. “Why are you trying to start a fight?” I ask Cristiano as Zé walks away. “I am not” he says. “Yes you are so please just leave it. Have some food and relax for the day. Please I told your mother I wouldn’t let the two of you get into a fight and since I’m already lying to her please don’t make me have to lie again” I say to him. “Ok I won’t” he says. “Thank you” I say. “Now boys let’s eat” I say as all three men stand in the kitchen.

“So Lucy are you planning on staying all day” Zé asks trying to work his spoon and the spaghetti. “Of course she is. Why wouldn’t she” Cristiano says rather a bit loudly. “Jezz no need to shout was just asking” Zé says. “Don’t worry Zé I won’t intrude on any boy bonding or whatever you three do when your family aren’t here” I say. “So you won’t mind if lover boy goes out tonight” he asks. “You went out last night” Cristiano says. “So, I want to go out again” Zé says. “Cristiano can go where ever he likes” I say rubbing the back of Cristiano’s neck. “Madrid match is on later” Nuno says. “Oh ya must watch that” Zé says. Cristiano spends the rest of lunch glaring at Zé. This is going to be harder than I thought. Cristiano is really not happy with Zé at the moment.

As Nuno cleans up Cristiano pulls me towards the couch. “I should kick him out” Cristiano whispers to me. “Who? Nuno” I ask. “No Zé. Who does he think asking if my girlfriend if she was staying the day?” Cristiano says as we sit on the couch. “Maybe he wants to spend time with you and Nuno alone” I say and Cristiano huffs a little. “Or he’s just trying to annoy you. Just ignore him and watch some football” I say handing him the tv remote.

“Elma was right” Zé says coming to sit opposite us. “Right about what?” I ask. “That there is something about ye two” he says pointing between Cristiano and I. “What do you mean something?” Nuno asks. “Well normally Cris can’t keep his hands of his women. Even in front of his family” Zé says. “Well maybe some people have a bit of decorum” I say.

“So what are we watching first” Nuno asks. “Madrid match followed by Barcelona match” Zé says and the boys all nod. “You sure you won’t be bored watching all this football, Lucy” Zé asks me. “Hours watching hot footie guys running around a pitch how could a girl get bored, Zé” I say. “That why you like watching me so” Cristiano whispers into my ear before placing a kiss on my cheek. “Who said I was watching you Cristiano” I say and before he speaks I place my finger on his lips “Sshh you’re missing the match” I say and he pulls me to snuggle against him. I try to resist but when I notice Zé watching us I put my feet on the couch and rest into Cristiano’s embrace and Cristiano places a kiss on my forehead.

Two hours later the boys were getting ready to watch the Barcelona match when I decided I had enough of football. “Who wants some food?” I ask two hours later. “I could eat” Zé says. “Why don’t one of us get a take away” Nuno suggests. “Perfect. I’ll go” I say jumping up of the couch. “Getting tired of all those hot footie boys” Cristiano smirks. “Yeah now we’re not watching Beckham I’m getting a little bored. Although if I drive really fast I could be back in time to watch Messi show the world how good he is” I say grinning back at him. “Angelo's or Gusto” Nuno asks. “Gusto. Lucy will be eating at Angelo's tomorrow” Cristiano says. “How do you know I’m eating at Angelo's tomorrow?” I ask Cristiano. “You told me you meet the owner every Monday” he says quickly. “Ok” I say. I don’t remember ever telling him that. “I’m going to change my shoes, you guys decide what you want” I say and head up the stairs.

“Hey you know you should leave some clothes here” a voice says and I jump to see its Cristiano. “I didn’t hear you. Thanks I think I will. Nuno reckons your sisters might snoop in you room” I say.
“You got a message” Cristiano says holding my phone in his hand as he stands by the door of his bedroom. “Thanks” I say taking the phone from him and reading the message. I sigh. “Not what you were hoping for” Cristiano says. “Sorry” I say. “The message. Not what you were hoping to see” he says. “It’s just Josh telling me about a meeting tomorrow” I say. “You talk a lot to Josh” he asks. “Yeah well he is my boss and one of my closest friends” I say. “That’s nice” he says.

“Right let’s get some food” I say. ”So I guess you are staying here tonight since you have a meeting at Angelo’s tomorrow” Cristiano says. “Yeah I guess” I sigh. “I thought you liked my comfy bed” he laughed. “It’s not that. Your bed is lovely” I say. “Really” he grins. “Oh shut up you know what I mean” I laugh. “What’s the matter so?” he asks. “Tina’s trial is on Friday. I’m not really looking forward to this week that’s all” I say. “She’s still not talking to anyone” he asks. “Nope only her father. Look it doesn’t matter. I’m going to get the food” I say and I leave the bedroom.

I quickly eat my salad whilst the boys watch the TV before I head up to get my laptop. I might as well get some work done since Tina’s trial is on Friday I won’t be getting much work done this week I think. “Work on a Sunday” Nuno says. “Yeah well some of us can’t just sit around watching tv all day” I say as he lifts his legs to allow me to get to the couch Cristiano was sitting on. I sit at the other end of the couch from Cristiano.

“Losing your touch Cris” Zé says. “Maybe she doesn’t want to have to look at your horrible mug” Cristiano says. “I don’t want to disturb him with my laptop” I say laying my feet across Cristiano’s lap. “Comfy enough” Cristiano asks. “Very” I say and he laughs. Strangely I was very comfy in this house. I try to concentrate on my work but Cristiano’s hand is on my foot and he spends the time messaging my feet. It felt so good. So good I let out a grown which I passed off as me being annoyed that Xavi missed a goal opportunity.

“So you going to be here everyday” Zé asks looking at me. “That’s it. Who do you………”Cristiano begins to say but I move my legs and in turn kick him in a very sore place. “Ouch” Cristiano mumbles. “I’m afraid you boys will have to survive without me for the week Zé. I have a lot of work on. But I’ll be back on Thursday” I say trying to not to laugh as Cristiano bites his lip in pain. His phone rings and Zé leaves the room. “What the fuck did you do that for?” Cristiano stutters. “It was an accident and don’t be mad at me you promised you wouldn’t fight with Zé” I say and Cristiano focuses on the TV.

“Stop sulking Cris. We have more to worry about then your balls” Nuno says supressing a laugh which only makes me laugh harder. “I told ye that ye need to be more affectionate with each other. I knew Elma wouldn’t believe you were in a relationship with Lucy so easily” Nuno continues. “Don’t worry Nuno I’m sure we can work on it” Cristiano smirks. Why do I get the feeling I should be worried about that smirk.
♠ ♠ ♠
Is Lucy getting too comfy at Cristiano's house? Who is likely Zé?