Status: Complete

When Does the Pretending End?

Chapter 28- I'll Show Them

Cristiano’s Pov

Relief. That’s what is was. The feeling in my stomach when Lucy agreed to stay. She didn’t have to stay and deal with Zé. The deal really was that she had to pretend to be my girlfriend around my Máe and sisters. I was hit with a sense of relief again when I saw Lucy’s car in the drive when I got home from training. I walked into the kitchen to be hit with the sight of Lucy dancing at the cooker. The music was on and she quietly singing the tune. “Hey Lucy” I say and stops singing. “Hey how was training” she asks. “Ok. Where is Zé?” I ask. “Games room with Nuno. I’m making spaghetti Bolognese for lunch if you want some” she says. “If it is as good as breakfast then yes I do” I say. “Your mother rang” she says handing me my phone. Oh God what did they say to each other.

“Did you speak to her?” I ask. She proceeds to tell me how they spoke for over two hours and although she says it like it was a long time to talk she seems to have really enjoyed speaking to Máe. “And she told me to make sure you don’t yell at Zé” Lucy says. “She expects me to be nice to him after he upset my sister” I say a bit too loudly. “Yes because you are a good little boy” she says smiling. “You were diffently talking to my mother” I say groaning. And my heart excites as she laughs. Seriously not asking for much Máe were you.

“Have you heard from Katia?” I ask Zé when he comes into the room. “They got home ok” he replies. “I’m surprised you know” I say. “Zé can you get Nuno the food is ready” Lucy says stopping Zé from answering me. “Why are you trying to start a fight?” Lucy asks me. “I am not” I say a bit too defensively. “Yes you are so please just leave it. Have some food and relax for the day. Please I told your mother I wouldn’t let the two of you get into a fight and since I’m already lying to her please don’t make me have to lie again” Lucy pleads. “Ok I won’t” I say. Jezz how could I say no to that face. “Thank you” she says

After lunch I pull Lucy towards the couch. “I should kick him out” I whisper to her. “Who? Nuno” she asks and I know she knows who I meant. “No Zé. Who does he think asking if my girlfriend if she was staying the day?” I say. The nerve of him. If he’s not trying to get rid of her he’s eyeing her up. “Maybe he wants to spend time with you and Nuno alone” she says. “Or he’s just trying to annoy you. Just ignore him and watch some football” she says handing me the tv remote. Ignore him that's going to be easy right.

“Elma was right” Zé says coming to sit opposite us. “Right about what?” Lucy asks. “That there is something about ye two” he says pointing between Lucy and I. “What do you mean something?” Nuno asks. “Well normally Cris can’t keep his hands of his women. Even in front of his family” Zé says. “Well maybe some people have a bit of decorum” Lucy says. That’s you told you Zé.

“Hours watching hot footie guys running around a pitch how could a girl get bored, Zé” Lucy says when Zé asks him she really wanted to watch the footie. “That why you like watching me so” I whisper into her ear before placing a kiss on her cheek. “Who said I was watching you Cristiano” she says. Who the hell were you watching? She places her finger on my lips “Sshh you’re missing the match” she says. I pull towards me and though she begins to resist but then snuggles into my body and stretches her body out on the couch. That’s my girl I think kissing her forehead.
Zé keeps looking over at Lucy and I. He should be more worried about his own relationship and not mine. I keep my hand on Lucy’s stomach throughout and she relaxes with my touch.

“Getting tired of all those hot footie boys” I smirk at Lucy when she offers to get some food. “Yeah now we’re not watching Beckham I’m getting a little bored. Although if I drive really fast I could be back in time to watch Messi show the world how good he is” she says grinning back at me. I’ll show you how good I am if you keep grinning at me darling I think.

“Angelo’s or Gusto” Nuno asks. “Gusto. Lucy will be eating at Angelo’s tomorrow” I say. “How do you know I’m eating at Angelo’s tomorrow?” Lucy asks me. Shit. “You told me you meet the owner every Monday” I say quickly. “Ok. I’m going to change my shoes, you guys decide what you want” she says and I watch as she heads up the stairs. “Nice save Cris” Nuno whispers so Zé can’t hear us. “What’s that supposed to mean?” I ask. “Lucy and Angelo’s. How do you know she goes there every Monday?” he asks smirking at me. “Shut up Nuno” I say and I hear Lucy’s phone beep. I pick it up to see “Josh” appear on the screen. Good boy Josh. Can he not leave her alone? Nuno is still smirking at me so I head upstairs to Lucy.

I open the door and see Lucy rummaging through her bag. “Hey you know you should leave some clothes here” I say and she jumps. “I didn’t hear you. Thanks I think I will. Nuno reckons your sisters might snoop in you room” she says. “You got a message” I say. “Thanks” she says taking the phone. She sighs. Oh not happy it’s Josh. Bet he won’t like that I think.

“Not what you were hoping for” I say. “Sorry” she says looking at me. “The message. Not what you were hoping to see” I say. “It’s just Josh telling me about a meeting tomorrow” she says. “You talk a lot to Josh” I ask. “Yeah well he is my boss and one of my closest friends” she says. ”So I guess you are staying here tonight since you have a meeting at Angelo’s tomorrow” I say. “Yeah I guess” she says and I don’t miss the sigh. “I thought you liked my comfy bed” I laugh. “It’s not that. Your bed is lovely” she says. “Really” I grin. It could be so much better I think.

“Oh shut up you know what I mean” she says laughing. “What’s the matter so?” I ask. “Tina’s trial is on Friday. I’m not really looking forward to this week that’s all” she says. “She’s still not talking to anyone” I ask. “Nope only her father. Look it doesn’t matter. I’m going to get the food” she says.

I can’t really focus on the match nor on my food. Lucy quickly eat her food and headed upstairs. Her mood had changed when I asked about Tina. “Losing your touch Cris” Zé says as Lucy takes a seat on the couch. With her laptop in her hand she sits as on the other end of the couch. Away from me. Way too far.

“Maybe she doesn’t want to have to look at your horrible mug” I say. I know I am. “I don’t want to disturb him with my laptop” Lucy says laying her feet across my lap. “Comfy enough” I turn to ask her. “Very” she says and I laugh. She does look comfy. More comfy than anyone else who has sat on this couch. As we watch the match Lucy keeps her eyes on her laptop, briefly glancing at the TV. I look at her bare feet on my lap. I gently begin to messaging her feet not once looking up from the TV. She lets out a grown as Xavi misses a goal opportunity. A Xavi fan or a fan of what I was doing.

“So you going to be here everyday” Zé asks looking at Lucy. “That’s it. Who do you………”I begin to say. Lucy suddenly moves and her leg kicks me. “Ouch” I mumble trying to hide the immense pain I was in. “I’m afraid you boys will have to survive without me for the week Zé. I have a lot of work on. But I’ll be back on Thursday” she says. “What the fuck did you do that for?” I ask as Zé leaves the room. “It was an accident and don’t be mad at me you promised you wouldn’t fight with Zé” she says and I ignore her.

“Stop sulking Cris. We have more to worry about then your balls” Nuno says supressing a laugh and Lucy laughs louder. She has a lovely laugh. “I told ye that ye need to be more affectionate with each other. I knew Elma wouldn’t believe you were in a relationship with Lucy so easily” Nuno continues. “Don’t worry Nuno I’m sure we can work on it” I smirk at Lucy. I fully intend to be more affectionate towards Lucy.

**********************Thursday*******************************

The week has been so quite. Zé had wisely stayed away from me all week since Lucy left on Monday morning. Máe has been telling me not to fight with Zé even though she won’t tell me why he and Katia are fighting about. “I promised Lucy that I wouldn’t fight with him, Máe” I had told her. “I’m very happy you are listening to her my little boy. Lucy is a lovely smart girl” she has said. “Yeah she is very smart I think.

Now that they were here in Manchester I was hoping Katia would talk to me. But apparently there was nothing to talk about. She came straight into the house and as soon as she saw Zé she quickly hurried to him and gave him a long kiss not caring that we were all watching them. Either she was happy to see him or she was pretending like Lucy and I. “Lucy?” Rodrigo asks running up to me. “No I’m Cristiano” I say smiling at him. “Where’s Lucy?” he shouts at me. “Hey no shouting. She’ll be here soon buddy ok” I say and he jumps for joy. I get to see her first buddy I think. I haven’t seen Lucy since she had kissed me on the cheek during breakfast. I haven’t heard from her either. She’s busy at work according to her text buddy Nuno. Has she forgotten she has my phone number?

“Why so glum little brother?” Elma asks. “I’m not glum” I say. “Jezz has he been like this since we left or since Lucy left” she says. “Since Lucy left” Nuno and Zé say together. “Aww who would have thought Cristiano would miss not having his girlfriend around” Elma says. “Shut up Elma” I say.

"Maybe she's gotten bored of you Cristiano" Katia says. “No I bet she’s missing the hand holding and snuggles” Elma says. “What are you talking about” I ask. “Just that Zé said that ye do a lot of snuggling, that’s all” she says.

“Lucy’s here, Lucy’s here” Rodrigo shouts running. I follow him noting Elma watching me. “Told you Elma would be the problem” Nuno whispers as I pass him. I'll show Elma I think.

“Lucy bought me brownies” Rodrigo shouts as he waves a bag in his hand. “But you’re not aloud eat them till tomorrow” Lucy says holding him on her hip. “Hey Lucy glad you are here” Elma says. “Hi Elma nice to see you again. Sorry I missed dinner I thought I’d get here earlier” she says. “Don’t worry about come sit down” Máe says pointing to the couch. “Come play with me” Rodrigo says. “Rodrigo come here and leave Tío Cris say hello to Lucy” Katia says as Lucy puts him on the ground and he runs off. Finally I get to say hello.

“Hey” I say to Lucy tracing her thumb with my finger. She shivers. “Hi” she says back biting her lip. I'd like to bite that lip I think.
♠ ♠ ♠
Should Cristiano be worried about Elma?

Keep commenting. Thanks.