Status: Complete

When Does the Pretending End?

Chapter 33- Intruding or Missing Someone?

Lucy’s Pov

“Well that was a waste of time” I say to Josh as we head to his Dad’s house. “I need a drink” he says as he opens the door. As Elena had guessed Tina didn’t want to talk to us. Josh wasn’t going to stop trying so we were going back tomorrow. A couple of hours later and Josh and I were a bit tipsy. I don’t normally drink this much but he kept pouring the wine and I couldn’t refuse.
“We need more wine” he says and heads to the kitchen. I’m glad I have Josh to talk to. Even though he wasn’t Tina I always loved spending time with him. I pick up my phone and decide to ring Cristiano.

“Hi” he says when he answers. “Hey” I say smiling. “Are you ok?” he asks. “Well Tina didn’t want to talk to me but I have made a new friend with a lovely bottle of wine” I giggle. “I’m sorry she didn’t talk to you. You should go to bed” he says. “We are going to try again tomorrow” I say. “Ok. You should go to sleep, Lucy” he says. “Don’t worry Josh will put me to bed soon” I giggle. “Noite Cristiano” I say. “Noite Lucy” he whispers and I hang up before Josh comes back into the room.

“At least she looked well” Josh says. “Yeah she looked like a different person from the last time I say her” I say. The last time I saw her she was begging me to stop them from taking her to rehab. “I think I’ll go to bed Josh. I think I’ve had too much to drink” I say getting off the couch. “Want me to walk you up” he smiles. “I’ll find my way” I say and leave him to it.

The next day after lunch we head to the rehab. “Should we be going here when you are so hung over” I say to Josh as we walk down the street. “I’m not hung over. And you drank as much as me” he says. “You drank way more than me” I say. “I feel fine I just hope she speaks to us” he says. “I was thinking of staying another night. Do you mind if we stay” he asks. “No I don’t mind” I say. Although I did want to see Rodrigo and everyone else.

I wasn’t prepared for what happened next. This guy Mike came out to us and said that Tina would see Josh. Only Josh. Wow does she hate me that much I think. “Are you ok” Josh asks. “Yeah I’m fine go see her. Please” I say and ushering him to follow Mike through the door.

I head for a walk to think. I really need Tina and she doesn’t want me. I hate this. I walk pass a pub and see that Cristiano’s match is over. He should be happy by the result. I pull out my phone and text him. “Congrats” I write and press send.

“Thanks. Didn’t know if you would still speak to me” he replies a little while later. “Still haven’t decided if I will continue ):” I text back. Miss me much?” he texts. “Missed your bed yes” I text. “How’s the head” he texts. “Mine is ok. Josh’s not as much” I write and press send. “Good. Have you seen Tina today” he texts. “No. Don’t think I will either” I send. “Sorry” he replies. “We are staying another night so I’ll speak to you tomorrow” I write and press send before writing another and I put my phone into my bag.

“Lucy there you are” Josh says as I walk through the door of the rehab facility. “Hey sorry I went for a walk” I say. “It’s ok let’s head back to my Dads” he says linking our arms together. “So how is she?” I ask as we walk. “I think she is doing well. She didn’t really say much just that she won’t take drugs anymore. To tell you the truth I was just happy to see her” he says. “That’s good” I say. “I tried to get her to see you. I’m sorry” he says. “Josh its fine. Baby steps. Tina will speak to me when she is ready” I say smiling at him. “Yeah she will. Come on lets see if Dad has cooked any food” he says.

It was nearly 6 and the house was full. Josh’s Dad Tom had cooked us a roast and friends Luke and Scott had eaten with us. Everyone was so happy. Why wasn’t I? I felt like I was intruding. It was weird I have sat at this table more than any other and I feel odd. I wonder what Dolores was making for dinner and how annoying Katia and Elma were been to Cristiano. I hope Cristiano wasn’t annoyed that I am staying in London another night.

Yesterday when I arrived back from the court I was so surprised. Not just by how sweet Cristiano was but also how much I liked when he held me in this arms.

Maybe I should go back to Manchester?
♠ ♠ ♠
Will Lucy go back to Manchester and who is she really missing?