Status: Complete

When Does the Pretending End?

Chapter 43- Gift Time

Lucy’s Pov

“Hey” Cris says as I shift in his arms. “Mana” I say. “How are you feeling?” he asks. “I’m not sure” I say. I don’t know how I feel. My head is a mess. I still can’t believe I told Cristiano everything. I haven’t spoken about Lacey’s death in so long. Strangely I really was glad he was here though.
He rubs my back with his hand as I lay with my head on his chest. “It’s time to get up” I say. “In a minute” he says playing with my hair. I roll out of his arms and sit up. He runs his hand through his hair all sleepy. I resists a smile. Oh I’m so tired I think shaking my head awake.

“I’m going to get a shower then head to work” I say getting out of bed. “Come here” he says catching my hand and pulling me back onto the bed. He runs his finger across my neck and down my shoulder. “You should take the day off. You didn’t get much sleep. I’m sure Josh will let you have the day off” he says. “I’m fine. Anyway I’m taking Thursday and Friday off so I really should go to work. You stay in bed for a bit longer” I say standing and I can feel his eyes on me as I head to the bathroom.

I’ve known Cristiano a few weeks and I have just told him the most personal aspect of my life. I’m I crazy I think as I look in the mirror. Jezz. I look like a mess. Oh he’s seen me like this I shake my head.

When I finish my shower I wrap a towel around me. As I open the door to head to his walk in closet I notice that Marcosa is laying at Cristiano’s feet on the bed. I quickly run to the closet before Cris turns around to face me. “You look nice” Cris says as I walk out. “Thanks” I say. I was just wearing a plain grey dress. He heads to the bathroom as I search around the dresser. I open and shut the drawers loudly.

“What are you looking for?” he shouts from the bathroom. “My hairbrush” I say. “It’s in the top right drawer” he says. “Lucy wait” he says running out of the bathroom. “What is this?” I ask holding the square box in the air. “It’s nothing. Never mind” he says taking the box out of my hand. “No tell me” I say. “I brought this yesterday for you. It’s stupid” he says. He brought me something I smile.

“I’ll be the judge of that. Let me see” I say holding my hand out. He hands me the box. “Look I thought since you won’t wear my jersey and I know why before you start arguing with me about it so I thought you could wear this instead” he quickly says as I open the box. Wow. “Cris it’s beautiful” I say looking up at him. I look back down at the box. The necklace is beautiful. “You don’t have to wear it” he says. “Thank you” I whisper. He takes the box from me and sits it on the dresser before motioning me to turn around. He brushes the hair of my neck and takes the two ends of the necklace and places it around my neck. His eyes never leave mine. He runs his fingers along the clasp. He stands back. The 7 hangs around my neck shining in the light. “It suits you” he whispers. This must have cost him a lot of money. “Cris I can’t take this it looks expensive” I say. “It did cost much. If you like it wear it” he says. “Ok” I say and smiles.

“Seven is better than eight” he whispers as his lips touched the back of my neck. A shiver runs down my spine. “If you say so” I mumble as his mouth moves along my shoulder and up again to my neck. “Tío Cris” Rodrigo says opening the door. “Great” Cris mumbles and I move away from him. “Hey Rodrigo lets get some breakfast” I say and he holds his arms out to me for a hug. “Lucy, Lucy” he says and I laugh. I hold is hand and head downstairs.

“Lucy do want some eggs” Nuno says as I walk towards the table. “No thanks. I’ll just have a banana” I say. I don’t have much of an appetite at the moment. “Oh Lucy I love the necklace” Elma says as I face her. “Your brother just gave it to me” I say. “Well he has good taste” she mumbles. “Of course he does. Isn’t he dating Lucy” Nuno smirks. “Who has good taste?” Cris mumbles as he walks towards us. “I was just admiring Lucy’s necklace” Elma says smiling at him. “Bom día Cris” Nuno grins at him. “Hi. What’s for breakfast?” he asks. “Right I should be going. I’ll see you all later” I say. “Lucy bejios, bejios” Rodrigo says running to me. I bend down and place a kiss on his cheek. “See you later cutie” I say and head towards Cris. “Bye” I say giving him a quick kiss on the lips. He pulls me against him wrapping his arm around my waist before kissing me hard on my lips. “See you later” he grins when we break contact.