Status: Complete

When Does the Pretending End?

Chapter 54 - Why Have Brothers

Cristiano’s Pov

Should I ring her I think as I watch Pepe on the balcony talking to his girlfriend Ana. Maybe just a quick call. “Hi” Lucy says. “Hi” I say. “What you doing?” she asks. “Waiting to head to the stadium for the match” I say. “I was just going to text you” she says. She was.

“Máe said that you were going to see Tina today” I say. “Yeah I did. I mean I’m still in London. I was just shopping actually before I went back on the train” she says. “In the changing room again” I say grinning at the image. “I’m not trying on any clothes so get that image out of your head” she says. “You can’t control what goes around in my head” I say. And I don’t think you want to know what I have been thinking about.

“He misses you” Pepe shouts. “Shut up” I shout at him throwing the pillow at him. “Ignore him” I say and hope. It’s not like it was true. Was it? “Who was that?” she asks. She doesn’t miss a thing does she? “Pepe my teammate. He’s been annoying” I say “Well I should leave you get back to him so” she says. “I’ll see you tomorrow” I say. “Maybe. I don’t know but I’ll be at your on Friday” she says. Oh right. “Ok. I’ll see you when I see you so. Bye” I say disappointed and hang up.
She’s having too much fun on her own. She’s probably glad to be away from me and my family I think.

“Jezz I thought you would be in a better mood now you spoke to her” Pepe says. “My mood is fine. And thanks for shouting” I say shaking my head. “Come on let’s win this match, then you can spend time with your brother and the rest of the family and fly home to your girlfriend” he says. If she comes back I think. My phone buzzes. “Good luck 2nite” it read from Lucy. Maybe she is thinking about me.

“You played good” Jorge says as he takes a sip of his drink. “Good” I smirk. “Two goals. Not bad I suppose” he says and I laugh. Not bad at all I think. “So you enjoying the break from the girlfriend” Jorge asks smirking. “You know you never asked me about any of my past girlfriends” I say. “Well normally you were actually dating them and they actually liked you” he says grinning. “Hey Lucy likes me” I say.

“So where is the new bit of fluff” Hugo says sitting next to me. “Watch your mouth or I’ll shut it for you” I shout. “Easy I was just wondering where what was her name again” he says. “Lucy” Jorge says. “Yes Lucy. So is she sick of you already” Hugo says smirking. “Who is sick?” Máe says handing Hugo a glass of water. He looks at her oddly but takes the glass.

“I was just asking golden boy here if Lucy was sick of him already” Hugo says. “Of course she isn’t” Máe says swatting is arm. “Well where is she so?” he asks. “Lucy is busy at work” Máe says. “Wow a bimbo who works” he says smiling. “Call her a bimbo again and you won’t have any teeth to go with that smile” I say standing up.

“Boys stop it right now” Máe yells. “Tell him to shut up so” I shout. “Sit down Cristiano” Máe says sternly. “Hugo behave. And if you call Lucy a bimbo again, I will be the one whipping that smile of your face. Ok” Máe says before moving to another table where some of her friends were. Go Máe I think. “Wow I think I have another reminder why I shouldn't cross your mother Cris” Jorge says laughing.

“Can’t wait to meet her” Hugo says. “You’ll met her soon” Jorge says. “I’m sure we will get on. In fact most of your ex-girlfriends liked hanging around me more than you at times. Especially Merche” he says and I push back my chair fast. Fuck you Hugo. What an idiot. Merche only hung around him to annoy me. “I’m heading back to my hotel. I have an early flight” I say to Jorge.

“Hey where are you going? It’s too late to call Lucy now. She’ll be in bed” Elma says. “I’m going as away from Hugo before the men in this family have a fight. Might as well since the women in this family are already fighting enough for us” I snap. “Jezz relax. I was just asking. You should really ignore Hugo” she says as I tug on my jacket. “You didn’t hear what he was saying about Lucy” I say.

“I can imagine” she says. “Can you make up with Katia and Máe already” I say. I know they haven’t really spoken since their fight on Friday. “I’m not apologising and your one to talk. You and Hugo haven’t exactly been best buddies these last few weeks” she says.

“Do what you want, I’m going back to my hotel. Tell Máe I’ll see her in the morning” I say walking away. I don’t want to discuss Hugo anymore.

“Cris” Elma says pulling my arm back. “You know Máe really likes Lucy” she says. “And?” I ask. “And it’s nice to see you happy” she says. “I’m always happy” I say. She laughs and walks away shaking her head. What was that about? She is the second person to say how happy I am. Am I not happy always I think?
♠ ♠ ♠
Is Lucy the reason everyone thinks Cris is happy? And why is Cris annoyed with brother.