Status: Complete

When Does the Pretending End?

Chapter 57 - Save The Last Dance For Me

Lucy’s Pov

I suppress a groan as our lips break apart. That bloody phone I think. “You should get that” I say and he nods taking his hand of my leg. “I’m going to get changed” I whisper to him and head upstairs.

Oh what was I thinking letting him kiss me like that? Jezz it was bad enough that we kissed alone before he left for London on Friday but that shouldn’t have happened again. I shake my head I up zip my dress and head for the closest. I grab a Pyjama bottoms and a tank top and head back to the bedroom.

Marcosa is laying on the floor looking up at me. “I’m coming” I say to the dog and unclasp my watch strap and place it on the bedside table. “What the hell” I say when I notice the soft toy on the table. The lion is dressed in a Portugal jersey. He didn’t look like that when I left I think.

When I head down stairs, Cris isn’t on the couch. He must be still on the phone. I pick up the dishes on the coffee table and head to the sink. I find an ipod on the counter and turn it on. Oh I love this song I think as I wash the dishes.

“Nice song choice” a voice whispers into my ear. I jump and he laughs. “Sorry didn’t mean to frighten you” he says. “It’s ok” I say and wipe my hands on a towel. He smiles at me and takes my hand pulling me away from the sink. “What are you doing?” I ask as his one arm slipped around my waist while the other took my other hand. “What does it look like?” he whispers tugging me against him.

Our bodies sway to the music in perfect sync. “You can’t beat Michael Buble” I say. “Save the last dance for me” Cris whispers against my ear lobe. His fingertips skimmed my spine sending tingles through my body. “There are diffently advantages to dancing with you” he says. “Like what?” I ask as he kisses my neck. “Holding you like this being one of them” he says hugging me tighter. And my head rest on his chest.

The songs begins to play again and he twirls me making me giggle. “That’s my favourite sound” he says. “What is?” I ask. “Your giggle” he says and he dips me. He moves some of my hair of my face and looks at me with his big brown eyes.

“Hello” a voice shouts from the hall and Cris mutters a cruse before pulling up. “In the kitchen” he shouts before letting go of my hands and moves to turn of the music. “Oh Lucy I thought that was your car in the drive” Dolores says appearing. “Hello Dolores” I say. “We have so much to catch up on” she says and looks at her son. “But that can wait. I’ll be in my room if anyone wants me” she says kissing my cheek, "Oh Cristiano did you speak to your brother today?" she asks standing by the stairs. A frown appears on his face. "No" he mumbles. "Speak to him soon" she says and turns to walk up the stairs.

What the hell is going with Cristiano and his brother? He didn't look happy.

“So” I say. “So” he replies. “Fancy a game of pool” I say not ready to leave yet. “Sounds good. Don’t expect me to let you win though. I play to win” he says. “So do I. Come on Ronaldo let me show you some of my skills” I say and he grins at me. “My pool skills” I say and quickly rush off.

I run into the trophy room and quickly stop. My heart is racing as I take in the room. This is the first time I have been in this room since that night. That night he first kissed me before he lead me upstairs. I shiver. “Are you cold?” he asks coming up behind me. “A little” I lie. “There is one of my jumpers in the kitchen, I’ll get it for you” he says heading to the door. “No wait. I’ll get it. You get the game ready” I say and brush past him. I find one of his Nike jumpers on the stool in the kitchen.

“Sorry to interrupt I just wanted some water” Dolores says coming into my view. “We are just going to play a game of pool” I quickly say and she smiles. “How was you dance class” I ask.” It was lovely. I wish I could practise more though” she says. “You should get your son to practise with you” I say. “Oh God Cristiano would never dance with me. He hates dancing” she says. Well he didn’t a while ago I think. “Anyway enjoy your game” she says and heads towards the stairs.

“So wanna make this more interesting” Cris says as I walk through the door. “How interesting?” I asks pulling the jumper over my head. “Strip pool” he grins. “Hmm let me think” I say holding my finger to my lip. “No” I say. “Worth a shot” he mumbles. “I do think we could make this game a bit more fun though” I say has he hands me the cue. “I’m all ears” he says.

“Ok let’s try this. If I win you have to tell me why you and your brother aren’t getting on” I say and he frowns. He watches me not saying a thing.

“And if you win” I say and he stands closer to me. “And if I win we continue where we left off at on the couch before the phone rang” he says looking into my eyes. I lick my lips remembering the kiss on the couch. “Do we have a deal” he asks. “Ok” I mumble.

“Ladies first” he says pointing to the pool table. “Such a gentleman” I smirk. “Sometimes” he says and I hit the white ball with the cue and the pool balls break and two land in the pockets. “Nice shot” he says surprised. “Lucky, I guess” I say and move around the table to find the white ball. “You’ve played this before. Haven’t you?” he asks as I pocket another two balls. “Maybe” I grin. Guess all those years of playing with Josh have paid off. I miss next the shot. “Finally my turn” he says.

“I see Ted got a new jersey” I say as he takes his shot pocketing a ball. “Who the hell is Ted?” he asks. “The lion. Rodrigo named him. So what’s with the jersey” I ask. “It’s better than Leo, I guess. I saw a toy with one on so I got it to keep Ted warm” he shrugs. I smile. “Ted looks better with it” I say moving beside him to take my turn.

My hip brushes against his thigh and I can feel his eyes on me as I stretch my back to take the shot. I look at him and he’s smiling. “For someone who is about to get beaten you look very happy with yourself” I say. “Just thinking about the last time you were in this room” he whispers into my ear. “And why would that make you smile” I quietly say. He smiles and tucks a lock of hair behind my ear and his hand moves down my neck over my arm. “Is your heart beating now as fast as it was that night” he says taking the cue out of my hand. I think it’s beating even faster now.

“Hey Cris we’re still going out Sunday night right. Hey Lucy” Nuno says walking into the room. “Hi Nuno” I say and take the cue back from Cris. “What ye doing?” he grins. “What does it look like?” Cris says. “Guess I win” I say as the last ball is pocketed. “Good game” he says. “Wow King Ronnie got beaten. Think that’s a first at this table” Nuno says. “I did say I play to win” I say looking at Cris.

“Especially when you want to win a bet” he says frowning. I take it by his frown he doesn’t want to talk about Hugo. “Well I’m going to get ready for bed. Noite Nuno” I say. “Night” he says after me.
♠ ♠ ♠
A little bit of fun and dance. What did you think?

Will Cristiano tell Lucy why he and his brother appear to be not getting on?

Thanks to kalamnamuhs123 and Jayme112234 for their comments.